2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pattinson eats one of Siddle’s bananas, tension in the Australian bowling ranks.
That has nothing to do with what I said.

I simply said he didn't cheat and that's true.

Whether we like it or not Smith failed as a leader allowing any of his players to even contemplate such actions in SA.
Border, Waugh and Ponting, as tough and hard as they played, would of just packed Warner's bags and sent him home, even super-bogan Warne would of given them a clip under the ear at the mere suggestion of what they were thinking...

Last edited:

Harris for Bancroft, inevitable, but it leaves Warner pretty safe for the series. (Which he probably was regardless of how long the string of single figure scores. He's the one most likely to get a score at some stage, but he's also the one most likely to expose #3 in the opening few minutes.

Siddle is perhaps best suited to Headingley but Pattinson is a good inclusion though and someone had to go out.

England to be unchanged?

Please! Somebody tell me why Starc cant get a gig.
Like has been stated thousands of times, the bowling strategy is about building pressure and limiting boundaries.

Starc bowls wicket balls but it's the rest of the spell that's the problem and he doesn't fit the strategy.

Harris for Bancroft, inevitable, but it leaves Warner pretty safe for the series. (Which he probably was regardless of how long the string of single figure scores. He's the one most likely to get a score at some stage, but he's also the one most likely to expose #3 in the opening few minutes.

Siddle is perhaps best suited to Headingley but Pattinson is a good inclusion though and someone had to go out.

England to be unchanged?
Wouldn't say Warner is safe for the series whilst he's averaging 4.

If he fails in both innings, I reckon he's gorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please! Somebody tell me why Starc cant get a gig.
If there is movement, you want bowlers with control who might use it; not a guy who is odds-on to waste it.
The Oval is probably the only place he should be considered, when the pitvch is more likely to have bounce and less happening sideways.
Wouldn't say Warner is safe for the series whilst he's averaging 4.

If he fails in both innings, I reckon he's gorn.
They won't drop Bancroft and then bring him back that quickly, so to drop Warner they need to create a new #3 and open with Khawaja. He's safe, through lack of options.

Like has been stated thousands of times, the bowling strategy is about building pressure and limiting boundaries.

Starc bowls wicket balls but it's the rest of the spell that's the problem and he doesn't fit the strategy.
Send the bastard home and give a know name his possie. I like Siddle but Starc will get more wickets.

What are the chances of me booking a pilates class to coincide with the start of the test match???

Enjoy the first hour without me 😥

Why? He's 33 and shown nothing at Test level with the bat. Should be the first out the door.

He has done better than Buttler, Roy, and Bairstow. I don't care about age. If you are scoring runs, you should be in.

Back