Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah disagree there

Had a dreadful run with injury last year and still won a final.
Will be there again
I too rate GWS' list. Their best 22 on paper is still formidable. I am though starting to question their depth.

How can you lose Adams, Treloar, Shiel, Scully, Wilson, Smith, Hoskin-Elliott, Marchbank, Lobb, Bruce, Plowman, Steele, Kennedy, Ahern ... and it not start hurting you ?

Imagine their side if they didn't lose some of those names.

Last edited:
I too rate GWS' list. Their best 22 on paper is still formidable. I am though starting to question their depth.

How can you lose Adams, Treloar, Shiel, Scully, Wilson, Smith, Hoskin-Elliott, Marchbank, Lobb, Bruce, Plowman, Steele, Kennedy, Ahern ... and it not start hurting you ?

Imagine their side if they didn't lose some of those names.
How can you have a reducing list size and not lose players? Of course we've lost depth. We're not the group of 2016 that had heaps of young talent developing the mental toughness either.

It's never the talent that leaves that matters.It's what you can put out on game day in your colours.

How can you have a reducing list size and not lose players?
I'm not arguing otherwise. It's who you lose.

Questions:

1. Has your club mismanaged its salary cap ?

2. Are you starting to get nervous about the 'go home' factor and the attractiveness of players having opportunities in Victoria ?

Have you had to overpay to keep players in western Sydney.

There are concerning long-term issues with GWS, imo.

Questions:

2. Are you starting to get nervous about the 'go home' factor and the attractiveness of players having opportunities in Victoria ?

No

Based on a presumption that all sides have their best available list -apart from the currently known long term injuries:

1. West Coast. Gaff and Sheppard to add to the side -Nic Nat eventually (hopefully). Lycett is a loss -doubt Hickey is a like for like replacement.
2. Collingwood. Moore and Dunn to take up the key back positions. Elliot another wildcard forward. Beams adds to midfield. Better than last year.
3. Melbourne. Weakness last year was key defenders. May is a huge gain -added to if Lever gets back early in season. Can Weideman continue to improve and fill the gap left by Hogan?
4. Adelaide. A more settled pre-season and key players back from injury. Too much talent to stay outside the 8.
5. Richmond. Lynch is a plus -be interesting to see how he adapts to Tigers game style. 2nd ruck still a worry, more so now with new ruck rule. Mids are good, but rely heavily on Dusty.
6. GWS. Hopefully Patton and Cameron can stay on the park all season. Have enough depth to cover loss of Shiel and Scully.
7. Hawthorn. A fit Wingard with a point to prove will fire up the Hawks. Fingers crossed that Scully will regain his running ability.
8. Fremantle. Predict they will be the big improvers. Hogan and Lobb will vastly improve forwardline. Brayshaw, Cerra and Langdon to step up in Neale's absence.

9. North Melbourne. Have added some depth to their list, should gain a few more wins.
10. Geelong. Kardinia Park to again be a fortress, but think their off-season losses outweigh their gains.
11. Essendon. Not convinced they will improve as much as pundits predict. Shiel is a good player, but not the 'in and under' type the Bombers really needed. Daniher will determine how high they climb.
12. Brisbane. Young guns to continue to improve, but not enough to make the 8 in '19. Neale balances loss of Beams.
13. St Kilda. Hanneberry to give them needed leadership. Can their key forwards and backs stand up?
14. Sydney. Another side where loses outweigh gains in post season. Think they will finally end their run of finals appearances.
15. Carlton. Have recruited well. Young talented players to show gradual improvement.
16. Port Adelaide. Have lost a number of running on-ballers, plus Wingard. Will Mayes re-find his form now he's home in S.A.?
17. Western Bulldogs. Dalhaus, Roughead, Adams all leaving -doesn't seem to be a happy place. Can't see them climbing too far.
18. Gold Coast. Starting all over again. Too young to escape the 'spoon -but eyes on their top draft picks for early signs of talent.

A few more wins for North in 2019 puts us on 15 wins.

1. Collingwood
2. Adelaide
3. Essendon
4. Melbourne
5. Richmond
6. West Coast
7. GWS
8. Sydney

9. North Melbourne
10. Geelong
11. Fremantle
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Hawthorn
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Port Adelaide
16. St. Kilda
17. Gold Coast
18. Carlton

GF Collingwood def Adelaide
This was my post Grand Final prediction ,but I'm standing by it.

Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast
Collingwood
Essendon
GWS
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Sydney
St.Kilda
North Melbourne
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Fremantle
Carlton
Gold Coast

Out of curiosity, what makes you think Collingwood will win the GF?
Wish I had your optimism :p

My original prediction was based on nothing more than gut instinct after a tight GF, but now I'm standing by it based on your ins (Roughhead, Beams) and despite your predictably tougher fixture (which yes, will make it more difficult to get as many wins, but that will also mean better preparation for finals).

At the end of the day, almost all of our ladder predictions will be off. They tend to be too similar to each other, and also to the previous year, so take my ladder and everyone else's with a grain of salt this early on :D. It will be interesting reading at the end of the year though.

Reckon you’re pretty close
Cheers mate.

My original prediction was based on nothing more than gut instinct after a tight GF, but now I'm standing by it based on your ins (Roughhead, Beams) and despite your predictably tougher fixture (which yes, will make it more difficult to get as many wins, but that will also mean better preparation for finals).

At the end of the day, almost all of our ladder predictions will be off. They tend to be too similar to each other, and also to the previous year, so take my ladder and everyone else's with a grain of salt this early on :D. It will be interesting reading at the end of the year though.

Cheers mate.
Yeah I suppose it's hard to not be hopeful after the year we had, though going to have to go the next level if we're to go all the way as you have predicted early on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I suppose it's hard to not be hopeful after the year we had, though going to have to go the next level if we're to go all the way as you have predicted early on.
I was the only one on this entire site that predicted Collingwood to make the GF early last year. ;)

Based on a tight grand final Yet you have eagles 6th?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's based on nothing more than gut feeling ie our record in odd years and the hunger issues that most premiers have had over the years. I have higher hopes for 2020 .

1.Richmond
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. Melbourne
5. Essendon
6. GWS
7. Adelaide
8. North Melbourne

9. Port Adelaide
10. Brisbane
11. Hawthorn
12. Sydney
13. Geelong
14. Fremantle
15. Bulldogs
16. Saints
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

Questions:

Likely yes to those questions. But that’s alright. Look at stories like Kieran Briggs. A Western Sydney boy who chose AFL partly because he could see a clear pathway to playing AFL. A few years later he is on an AFL list. How good is that!
Nick Shipley the year before him...

No team can afford a team of stars. All clubs prioritise which players they want to keep. Our losing all of those players has meant we could draft in higher end talent then we otherwise could. Eg Hopper, Taranto, Bonar... and that’s effectively how we got Josh Kelly.
It’s meant that for a few years now we have had multiple picks in the first round... Again,
this year we had four picks in the top 24.

The AFL doesn’t want Sydney clubs to miss finals.... they can’t afford that in the country’s biggest market... imagine how that will affect the next tv rights deal?
They need both Sydney clubs to be consistently making finals. This adds up to bigger tv rights and more money for everyone.
Why do you think all clubs agreed to the draft pick allowances for the Giants?
Why do you think something like COLA was introduced?
Why do you think the Academies started and are doing so well?
They need to do whatever they can to get eyeballs on AFL footy in nsw, the way to do this effectively is to give those teams a competitive advantage in some form... the evidence is in the results... The Swans making the finals every year for about 12 years and the Giants making finals the last 3 years and having a strong draft hand in each of those years is exactly what the AFL want.

If the Giants and Swans are missing finals then everyone loses out.

Remember, its worth every cent at the next tv rights deal.

People can get upset about it... or they can be smart and go buy a membership at https://membership.gwsgiants.com.au/

We have them covered there as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont think that's gonna be resolved on BF in January.

In my view both teams could well be on the up, but North never get a very positive review externally.

I find Polec interesting. It seems to me outside run hasn't really a focus under Brad Scott, more move the ball by foot. It canylt be accudentalyou wanted him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back