Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I had high expectations and said if we start 0-3 we will still make finals.
I didn’t get people predicting such doom and gloom, we had the 2nd best % last year, it’s not a fluke when you have the toughest fixture.
Our draw is far easier now, we had a review and as if finding players better than the likes of Parsons, ZGuthrie, Thurlow and Murdoch was ever going to be tough.
People wanted to know where our improvement was coming from. Pretty bloody obvious I would’ve thought. And Danger was clearly over his injury issues last year. Taylor and Henderson aren’t injured either.
I’m not just being a Harry hindsight, most of you are sheep!
I’m still nervous about finals though and injuries can bite you anytime, so nothing is guaranteed but no one should be surprised.

Surely West Coast have to be the favourites? Followed by Geelong, then the pies (no shame in losing to West Coast), then I reckon GWS, they look good. Richmond, aka no depth FC? Who knows, losing Rance could really destroy their season (compared to initial expectations, I still think they might be like Collingwood 2012, as in they still may scrape top 4 at least). As for Melbourne idk, what is going on there? Also I think Brisbane will be hard to beat, not that they weren't already last year (they made it very tough for the pies).
Our replacements for Rance, Cotchin, Martin and Riewoldt are largely players who have played 5 games or less. That’s our major issue right now.

Richmond are not free from blame though. We are in this situation because of our terrible drafting, recruiting and development in 2011-2014 with the exception of the 2014 rookie draft, where we got Jason Castagna, Kane Lambert and Jayden Short.

Outside of the 2014 rookie draft, it has been Brandon Ellis, Nick Vlastuin, Dan Butler and Kamdyn McIntosh that feature heavily in our side. The rest apart from Ivan Soldo are gone from our list I believe. None of the remaining players are star players for us right now though.

We have become much better at drafting nowadays in my opinion, but those years keep coming back to bite us because a lot of the promising players we have recruited in the last 3 or so drafts are so inexperienced that they will not be able to cover a couple of injuries to our top tier players, let alone our best 4 players, our second-highest goal kicker from last year (Caddy) and our best running defender (Houli). So yeah, Richmond don’t have a lot of ready to go depth because of the drafting and recruiting in those years IMO. The solid recruits like Troy Chaplin and Ivan Maric have left years ago.

If you can turn 3-5 after 8 thats still salvageable
Thing is, playing port Sydney and Melbourne all at away or neutral grounds without Cochin or Dusty on top of those already missing means we are 1-5 by the time we get players back. Then playing dogs and freo away with our best players trying to regain match fitness, and we don't realistically have a 50-50 game until Essendon in round 10 after we lose to hawthorn. At 1-8 We are already out of the microwave and are well done.

Did a ladder predictor again. Could be different each time I do it, and it has been. I don't think it will eventuate and I've given teams some credibility based off last year. This is how it panned out.

Geelong 19-3
WCE 19-3
Collingwood 16-6
GWS 15-7
Melbourne 15-7
Richmond 14-8
Adelaide 13-9
Essendon 13-9
--------------------
Lions 12-10
Hawks 12-10
Fremantle 11-11

Geelong vs GWS - Cats
WCE vs Collingwood - Eagles
Melbourne vs Essendon - Dees
Richmond vs Adelaide - Tigers

GWS vs Melbourne - Giants
Collingwood vs Richmond - Collingwood

Geelong vs Collingwood - Pies
WCE vs Giants - Eagles

Grand Final West Coast vs Collingwood - Pies to get revenge and end a 6 game losing streak against the Eagles. By 5 points.

Without predictor based on now, and a little from last year.

Geelong
WCE
Pies
Hawks
Lions
Crows
Giants
Tigers

Sunday night I had the Dees in there instead of Adelaide. Too many twists already, and more to come, Way too *en hard. I still believe the Dees will get their act together.

Without predictor based on now, and a little from last year.

Geelong
WCE
Pies
Hawks
Lions
Crows
Giants
Tigers

Sunday night I had the Dees in there instead of Adelaide. Too many twists already, and more to come, Way too ****en hard. I still believe the Dees will get their act together.
Top 2 you have are absolutely set.

Giants top 4 over Hawks for mine. But who knows, would be crazy if the Hawks make top4 AGAIN

Just ran through the ladder predictor without a whole deal of thought but I came out with this

1. West Coast (19-3)
2. Geelong (19-3)
I'm finding us hard to place. Curious which 3 games you have us losing, because on current form we could lose none, or we could lose 11.

Geelong 17-5
West Coast 16-6
GWS 15-7
Port Adelaide 15-7
Richmond 14-8
Brisbane 13-9
Melbourne 13-9
Hawthorn 12-10
Essendon 12-10
Collingwood 11-11
Adelaide 11-11
Sydney 10-12
Bulldogs 9-13
Fremantle 8-14
Gold Coast 7-15
St Kilda 7-15
North Melbourne 5-17
Carlton 3-19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks dropped one yesterday but Saints were better in the end and deserved it. Hawks will beat some of the more fancied sides imo though, they could beat us next Monday or other teams they go in as underdogs.

Hawks dropped one yesterday but Saints were better in the end and deserved it. Hawks will beat some of the more fancied sides imo though, they could beat us next Monday or other teams they go in as underdogs.
Hawthorn are always going to struggle on a fast deck like Marvel

Did a ladder predictor again. Could be different each time I do it, and it has been. I don't think it will eventuate and I've given teams some credibility based off last year. This is how it panned out.

Geelong 19-3
WCE 19-3
Collingwood 16-6
GWS 15-7
Melbourne 15-7
Richmond 14-8
Adelaide 13-9
Essendon 13-9
--------------------
Lions 12-10
Hawks 12-10
Fremantle 11-11

Geelong vs GWS - Cats
WCE vs Collingwood - Eagles
Melbourne vs Essendon - Dees
Richmond vs Adelaide - Tigers

GWS vs Melbourne - Giants
Collingwood vs Richmond - Collingwood

Geelong vs Collingwood - Pies
WCE vs Giants - Eagles

Grand Final West Coast vs Collingwood - Pies to get revenge and end a 6 game losing streak against the Eagles. By 5 points.
I doubt we will be 19 and 3, I would love that but we are playing okay footy at the moment still a long way to go.

After four rounds and every team has lost just once....here goes!

West Coast
GWS
Collingwood
Richmond
Esendon
Melbourne*
Brisbane*
Geelong*
Hawthorn*
Port Adelaide*
Western Bulldogs*
St.Kilda
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton

West Coast v GWS Grand Final..
* It will be touch and go from 6th to 8th...

Last edited:
After four rounds and every team has lost just once....her goes!

West Coast
GWS
Collingwood
Richmond
Esendon
Melbourne
Brisbane
Geelong
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
St.Kilda
Gold Coast
Fremantle
Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton

West Coast v GWS Grand Final..

Why do you see the Cats slipping to 8th? I'd have thought their form to date puts them in top 4.

Tend to agree with the rest of the ladder.

I will ******* burn Cockburn down myself if we finish 8-14 and 14th again this season like so many are saying. Realistically I reckon we'll finish around 10th or 11th but would love to see a finals push.

I will ******* burn Cockburn down myself if we finish 8-14 and 14th again this season like so many are saying. Realistically I reckon we'll finish around 10th or 11th but would love to see a finals push.
It seemed a reasonable expectation if things go ok. You'd expect the new structures to take a while to gel fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back