Analysis 2019 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked some of Lebois' games before he did his shoulder.

He's been talked up in previous pre-seasons but I want to see his form stay strong after LeBois of Summer has gone....

TheSmokingGun
What I get out of that, is poor defence by some and very poor chasing by PD. Hate to say it but we need to learn to never give up the chase. A problem that has been around for a while ..... close enough is good enough.

Fasolo is an infinitely better footballer than LeBois.

Pls don't compare them.

Funny thing is.if you had a kick from 40 to win the game I'd take lebois over fas.

Still odd they kept lebois on the rookie list over hickmott or a palmer type who well ehh kick goals.

Funny thing is.if you had a kick from 40 to win the game I'd take lebois over fas.

Still odd they kept lebois on the rookie list over hickmott or a palmer type who well ehh kick goals.
Fas is a good set shot and has performed under pressure. Lebois hasn’t and isn’t an especially good set shot or long kick like fas. From 40 it’d be fasolo every single day of the week. It’s not even close

Fasolo is an infinitely better footballer than LeBois.

Pls don't compare them.

So you can’t compare players that are better or worse?

If you want to compare them where they are now then Fasolo is easily ahead. People that criticise LeBois's ability obviously haven't seen much of him especially live. The kid has some amazing ability. The key point was could he transfer it to senior football. The club know his ability that's why they gave him another year.

It really is the mental side with him. Needs to believe he is good enough. Been close to Senior selection a couple of times only to get injured.

He has very good hands, great mark for a small, a lovely kick and quick on his feet. Knows where the goals are and has that X Factor quality.

No doubt he is on his final chance and has had a rough 2 years personally and injury wise. Like a few others he is also a late maturer. He now needs to get fit and stay fit. If he can get focussed and stay fit he is a chance and would really add something to our side.

Anyone who doubts his ability to chase and pressure inside 50 look at this

Last edited:
So you can’t compare players that are better or worse?

If you want to compare them where they are now then Fasolo is easily ahead. People that criticise LeBois's ability obviously haven't seen much of him especially live. The kid has some amazing ability. The key point was could he transfer it to senior football. The club know his ability that's why they gave him another year.

It really is the mental side with him. Needs to believe he is good enough. Been close to Senior selection a couple of times only to get injured.

He has very good hands, great mark for a small, a lovely kick and quick on his feet. Knows where the goals are and has that X Factor quality.

No doubt he is on his final chance and has had a rough 2 years personally and injury wise. Like a few others he is also a late maturer. He now needs to get fit and stay fit. If he can get focussed and stay fit he is a chance and would really add something to our side.

Anyone who doubts his ability to chase and pressure inside 50 look at this

I've watched LeBois numerous times in the VFL and he has yet to make a significant positive impression on me. Lacks presence, physicality, ball-winning, positioning, etc. Whereas Fasolo jumped straight into the AFL and was a goal per game minimum player averaging 11 disposals in his first year, albeit in a muuuuuuch better team.

Only rare players can do this and it's no fluke. Seen him do it a lot

His first moment is still his greatest moment. It would be handy for the club if he can work his way into the 22 at some stage, as what he provides is clearly an area of need. He is back with Kingston Town though.

I've watched LeBois numerous times in the VFL and he has yet to make a significant positive impression on me. Lacks presence, physicality, ball-winning, positioning, etc. Whereas Fasolo jumped straight into the AFL and was a goal per game minimum player averaging 11 disposals in his first year, albeit in a muuuuuuch better team.

So it’s okay to compare them now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fas is a good set shot and has performed under pressure. Lebois hasn’t and isn’t an especially good set shot or long kick like fas. From 40 it’d be fasolo every single day of the week. It’s not even close
gotta say some of our blokes really seem to grow another leg in the off-season..........

Blues have shown a lot of faith in him when he signed a new contract in October with the unfortunate injury to Pickett there is a big window open for him turning 21 this year so hope he stays fit and shows us what he can do.

Only rare players can do this and it's no fluke. Seen him do it a lot

Though he's done nothing since. Did he even get another kick that game? I can seem to remember. I remember he only played a quarter or half.
Not the point. Anyway..............................:rolleyes:

Actually, I think it IS the point Soapy.

You can't always rate players on what they CAN do. At some stage, you need to rate players on what they ACTUALLY do.

Yes LeBois has x-factor, skills, pressure and speed. And he's still young. But if he can't turn all that into more than say 6 touches, a couple of tackles and a goal a game then he won't make it.

If talent without fitness, consistency and production was enough.... Troy Menzel would still be playing in the AFL...

Actually, I think it IS the point Soapy.

You can't always rate players on what they CAN do. At some stage, you need to rate players on what they ACTUALLY do.

Yes LeBois has x-factor, skills, pressure and speed. And he's still young. But if he can't turn all that into more than say 6 touches, a couple of tackles and a goal a game then he won't make it.

If talent without fitness, consistency and production was enough.... Troy Menzel would still be playing in the AFL...

Wasn’t the point I was making. I agree he needs to do a lot more

When exactly did we come to the conclusion that the Cerra name should align with the Carlton name?
Is it one of those weird associations that comes about through repetition of quotes?

Cerra is not what is required right now and as much as I like him, nor is Taranto.
It's somewhat romantic to be thought about as the Baby Blues, but experience and strength of body is somewhat more important for us to go forward

Seriously?

Cerra and Taranto - names like that are meant to be in Navy Blue.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back