News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the above, it is why fresh leadership would be so important - the Richmond one worked because the people who instigated it were authentic and serious. They weren't worried about protecting their patch - they wanted the hard reality.

With our current leadership, there is no way that happens.

Yep - If Chappy has the best interests of the AFC at heart, his brief to the Consultant should be "Tell us what has gone wrong and tell us what we need to change to be the best."

Anything more than that and he is influencing the review.

Give them open slather to work with the Board, Commercial teams, Football Dept, List Management. Maybe stay out of who we recruit and how they are coached but def look into communication and organisation amongst the coaches, coaches engagement with List Management and if the playing group reckon they are developed, kept informed, engaged.

The IP that comes from that rightly should be kept confidential so we won't hear much about it apart from headlines and platitudes.

And Adelaide is not an attractive place to live. This is an issue in a lot of industries not just Footy.

If you have never lived here, why would you do so when there are job offers in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and of course Melbourne.

There is only so much coin you can throw at people. And other clubs have money too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Absolutely.
It actually bothers me when people complain that a Vic club has signed someone so "why didnt we get them?", when reality is we probably never got our foot in the door purely cause we're interstate and they already had options on their doorstep.

And Adelaide is not an attractive place to live. This is an issue in a lot of industries not just Footy.

If you have never lived here, why would you do so when there are job offers in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast and of course Melbourne.

There is only so much coin you can throw at people. And other clubs have money too.

I understand what you are saying, but I think the AFC have to change that by being successful.

Boston isn't New York but the Patriots don't have any problem recruiting players. That might be a bad analogy because they DID have problems 20 years ago, but winning 6 SuperBowls changes a lot of attitudes when you're recruiting

I understand what you are saying, but I think the AFC have to change that by being successful.

Boston isn't New York but the Patriots don't have any problem recruiting players. That might be a bad analogy because they DID have problems 20 years ago, but winning 6 SuperBowls changes a lot of attitudes when you're recruiting
Adelaide ain't Boston.

We are more like Buffalo....

Adelaide ain't Boston.

We are more like Buffalo....

Yeah, or maybe St Louis. Fourth tier town in an undesirable state, sadly.

I know it worked for Richmond, but how the hell can you not have a football person involved in the review?
I am all for an independent review.

However I do wonder how much of the success Geelong and Richmond had after their reviews is due to the actual review or getting Neil Balme in as Football Manager.

Hiw many other clubs did a similar review did not get Balme and had success after the review.

In all aspects of the club, we back in established people and practices even when it should be obvious that we shouldn’t.

Why should Mackay be moved on when Burton is still in place? Why should Burton be removed when Chapman is still in place? Why shouldn’t old players keep getting games when administrators hang on forever despite failures?

Why should Pyke put his tenure at risk by playing the kids when no one else has to face similar risks?

They will do their review and have a process in place like they do on all companies, just adapt it to suit the industry and company and compare with the other clubs as that is the only comparison they can draw upon. They will compare with the Wsst Coast and Hawks and also GC and Melbourne and find a happy medium Im sure

The biggest item they will look at is historical results as you cant review a company unless you can see its results, not projections

What do you think they will find from results, with on and off field as they will do both
That’s what I’m implying. They will find the
I'm a Psychologist. I've done this sh1t in Banks, Insurance companies, Government and utilities in the last ten years. I worked for one of the Big 4 and saw first hand how the message was "pulled" because the partner did not want to embarrass the client. Lots of places are dysfunctional. Lots of work for a corporate counsellor.

What are the chances that the KPMG partner in Adelaide who Chappy calls in will deliver both barrels to a guy who gives him work? The real message - if they pass it on - is delivered behind so many layers of nuance that it is easily lost.

And why would the AFC want their auditor to do this job anyway? You get 5% of a partner and whoever happens to be on the bench when the review happens. And most of them will be grunts with less than 5 years experience.

Get a decent boutique firm in to do it - someone like IMG would happily help us get a decent advisor who won't wilt if they think that Chappy is going to get upset. The meaty stuff will never be made public anyway.
100%. It’ll be a young manager or senior consultant doing all the leg work.

Yep - If Chappy has the best interests of the AFC at heart, his brief to the Consultant should be "Tell us what has gone wrong and tell us what we need to change to be the best."

Anything more than that and he is influencing the review.

Give them open slather to work with the Board, Commercial teams, Football Dept, List Management. Maybe stay out of who we recruit and how they are coached but def look into communication and organisation amongst the coaches, coaches engagement with List Management and if the playing group reckon they are developed, kept informed, engaged.

The IP that comes from that rightly should be kept confidential so we won't hear much about it apart from headlines and platitudes.

Chapman isn’t going to do that, as he’s made it clear he feels he’s being strong armed into any review, which he knows is unnecessary.

This means the scope and range of the statement of work will be limited accordingly

He has said he believes we have a great board, and great people in key posts. If you believe that, you must tacitly believe, with conviction, you have your structures and systems right. These are the responsibility of the great board and great people, so they can’t be great if there is material misalignment or failure of design

What chappy wants and will be paying for is a few helpful hints and tips, probably from a desktop exercise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all aspects of the club, we back in established people and practices even when it should be obvious that we shouldn’t.

Why should Mackay be moved on when Burton is still in place? Why should Burton be removed when Chapman is still in place? Why shouldn’t old players keep getting games when administrators hang on forever despite failures?

Why should Pyke put his tenure at risk by playing the kids when no one else has to face similar risks?

Camporeale on FiveAA just said they believe we're better than we're playing, and that the results show.

Deluded dickhead.

Boston is a sports mad city - whether it be NFL, NBA, NHL or MLB. New York is not as passionate.

Question is then why are we so unfit.

Why are we 18th in the league for sprint efforts and time spent at high speed?
Easily answered - have you seen our gameplan? No running required. Just kick to one stationary target after another, until the opposition blocks all the easy targets, at which point you bomb it to a stationary contest down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back