2019 - The Smokies

Remove this Banner Ad

Been any mentions of James Cousins?

Word out of Hawthorn is he will be given first crack at the Mitchell hole, has played high centre minutes and is priced under 400k. Should have decent job security.

Perhaps BJK#5 might be able to shed some more light?

Quoting myself from the RDT board
Just checked his price and he is only 329k in fantasy, i'm actually slightly interested in him at that price. Playing a similar role to the one he has at VFL level i see no reason he can't go at an average of 80 minimum... On to the JLT watch list he goes.

Not sure if he has been mentioned but Crozier averaged 90 post the Dogs bye round last year playing HBF. Looked good as well. Could be a smokey to up his average significantly. When he cracked the Dogs team initially, he was playing out of the forward line and being thrown around a bit hence the poor average until the bye. Not sure I have the balls to pick him but could be a ripper pick and Dogs seem to be quite a high scoring team. No JJ for a significant chunk to start the season as well...

Not sure if he has been mentioned but Crozier averaged 90 post the Dogs bye round last year playing HBF. Looked good as well. Could be a smokey to up his average significantly. When he cracked the Dogs team initially, he was playing out of the forward line and being thrown around a bit hence the poor average until the bye. Not sure I have the balls to pick him but could be a ripper pick and Dogs seem to be quite a high scoring team. No JJ for a significant chunk to start the season as well...
would be ballsy. he also scored well at freo in that role and put him on watch lists for last year if he had that role early season (I used him to great effect in daily fantasy sports in that year when he was going big and under the radar for a while)

Not cheap enough for the risk though and too role dependent

would be ballsy. he also scored well at freo in that role and put him on watch lists for last year if he had that role early season (I used him to great effect in daily fantasy sports in that year when he was going big and under the radar for a while)

Not cheap enough for the risk though and too role dependent
True. And there is loads of value already in that price bracket - Newman, Ellis, Mills, McGrath .etc.

I went there last year after a few 90s...you have been warned.

DON'T DO IT

I’ve done something a little crazy, places Brandon Ellis into my side.

Appears set to return to his midfield minutes of a few seasons ago, really don’t know if his form will return with him but I see genuine upside and will closely watch him throughout the JLT games.

I’ve done something a little crazy, places Brandon Ellis into my side.

Appears set to return to his midfield minutes of a few seasons ago, really don’t know if his form will return with him but I see genuine upside and will closely watch him throughout the JLT games.
Was he ever really playing a midfield role back then though ?? I remember when he was scoring well those few seasons ago and looked to be more running off a half back flank.

Was he ever really playing a midfield role back then though ?? I remember when he was scoring well those few seasons ago and looked to be more running off a half back flank.
Yeah mate, he really didn’t attend many centre bounces or get a whole heap of clearances but he was playing as on outside midfielder/wingman.

He essentially played the exact role Kamdyn McIntosh has played for the past couple of seasons.

Yeah mate, he really didn’t attend many centre bounces or get a whole heap of clearances but he was playing as on outside midfielder/wingman.

He essentially played the exact role Kamdyn McIntosh has played for the past couple of seasons.
I’ve currently got him in my side but he’s the most likely to go when I make changes. Think with Conca leaving, what little job security he had mildly improves at least. Can see clear upside if he plays midfield

I’ve currently got him in my side but he’s the most likely to go when I make changes. Think with Conca leaving, what little job security he had mildly improves at least. Can see clear upside if he plays midfield
Shaun Grigg also has an injury and won’t play round one, no one really knows how long the injury will be.

In 2014 he was in the All Australian squad and came runner up in our best and fairest, and averaged 96 Fantasy ppg, he then went on to average 102 in 2015. For a bloke who was 21/22 these were so damn impressiving numbers. Shortly after this we moved him permanently to the back flank and we just didn’t get to see him reach the same heights again.

I’m excited to see what’s in store!

I think with these types of players you’re much better having a look at their role after a couple of rounds and then jumping on if there’s a clear role change and he’s scoring well. Rather than having to dump him if he continues the way he did last year, Especially at that price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with these types of players you’re much better having a look at their role after a couple of rounds and then jumping on if there’s a clear role change and he’s scoring well. Rather than having to dump him if he sounds up, Especially at that price.
The one thing going for him in that price bracket, is if he does fail I’ve got a plethora of other options all priced similarly or less that I can trade him to; Newman, McGrath, Brodie Smith, broadbent, Mills, just to name a few. Hell even Houli has potential.

In all likelihood I won’t end up choosing him and I’ll go someone safer like the smith option but he seems to good to pass up at that price

I think with these types of players you’re much better having a look at their role after a couple of rounds and then jumping on my If all looks good. Rather than having to dump him if he sounds up, Especially at that price.
This is the one thing putting me off Ellis, there’ll be plenty of time to jump on him.

I’ve taken out Zac Williams to put in Brandon Ellis in which could potentially mean I miss out on some cash generationing from Williams.

Williams is much more likely to rise in price from less games due to his starting price so Ellis could end up being a bloke to closely watch and then make a call on in a couple of weeks.

This is the one thing putting me off Ellis, there’ll be plenty of time to jump on him.

I’ve taken out Zac Williams to put in Brandon Ellis in which could potentially mean I miss out on some cash generationing from Williams.

Williams is much more likely to rise in price from less games due to his starting price so Ellis could end up being a bloke to closely watch and then make a call on in a couple of weeks.

Having Brandon Ellis as a keeper since 2014 in a league I am in I can safely say I will be cutting ties with him this year. And will not be enticed in fantasy either. His ceiling is severely capped due to low almost non existent tackle numbers and he relies so heavily on cheap sideways switch kicks to score. He regularly provides the outlet sideways or backwards kick for players rather than winning his own ball or being in dangerous positions. Richmond the last few years have been a very direct team and I can't see that changing. Gonna go as far to say Brandon Ellis and seagull go well in the same sentence and would never recommend him. But I have made poor keeper delists before (also involving Ellis when I kept the idiot and dropped Coniglio, although in 2014 it seemed like the right call.)

Having Brandon Ellis as a keeper since 2014 in a league I am in I can safely say I will be cutting ties with him this year. And will not be enticed in fantasy either. His ceiling is severely capped due to low almost non existent tackle numbers and he relies so heavily on cheap sideways switch kicks to score. He regularly provides the outlet sideways or backwards kick for players rather than winning his own ball or being in dangerous positions. Richmond the last few years have been a very direct team and I can't see that changing. Gonna go as far to say Brandon Ellis and seagull go well in the same sentence and would never recommend him. But I have made poor keeper delists before (also involving Ellis when I kept the idiot and dropped Coniglio, although in 2014 it seemed like the right call.)
Sums it up perfectly, I had him last season and watched him like a hawk, I would go one step further and say he isnt liked by his team mates and dont kick to him when he is in a decent position, ie on a flank all alone able to bomb the ball inside 50.
Steer clear!

if not Ellis then which of Roberton or Newman is better?
I'm looking at a smokey backline player as well to fill that D3/D4 spot. Keep coming back to either Mills or Ryan - both probably not so unique.

Seems Mills played midfield in their training run against GWS and he stuck a fair few tackles which I like to see. Obviously JLT watch on his position but if he plays midfield I'm all in.

Ryan I think can benefit from another year in the system and the new kick out rule. Seems to have scored absolutely shockingly whenever Dockers got pumped. Don't see them getting destroyed as much this year as last. Did read today on supercoach board though that apparently he has one of the worst 1on1 defending percentages in the AFL for a defender and that the new 6-6-6 rules could work out poorly for him. Not sure how much I should read into that but because I can't actually be stuffed looking that up then I think I'm going to sit on Mills for the time being

and rookie Gibbons lining up on ball = good sign.

On the flip side of that though, Setterfield named at deep forward. Hopefully it's just a case of 'putting the magnets anywhere', as most coaches say

Youd think so because Cam Polson is anything but a CHB

I have a really nice smokie i quite like up forward now. Likely F4

I might just be going smokie for the sake of being smokie i love having a genuine unique who i can just watch and no one else has.

Last year i strongly strongly looked at Z.Fisher and Matt Deboer due to roles and didnt pull the pin which hurt a little. Both were excellent picks just that structure didnt suit but in hindsight i shouldve worked around that

I'm looking at a smokey backline player as well to fill that D3/D4 spot. Keep coming back to either Mills or Ryan - both probably not so unique.

Seems Mills played midfield in their training run against GWS and he stuck a fair few tackles which I like to see. Obviously JLT watch on his position but if he plays midfield I'm all in.

Ryan I think can benefit from another year in the system and the new kick out rule. Seems to have scored absolutely shockingly whenever Dockers got pumped. Don't see them getting destroyed as much this year as last. Did read today on supercoach board though that apparently he has one of the worst 1on1 defending percentages in the AFL for a defender and that the new 6-6-6 rules could work out poorly for him. Not sure how much I should read into that but because I can't actually be stuffed looking that up then I think I'm going to sit on Mills for the time being

I still kind of like Mills but horse recently said hes just so good across half back for us.

Sydney didnt have any of Heeney, JPK or Parker due to AFLX so keep an eye when all mids are playing together.

Sydney probably still need Mills across half back... ill be tracking Zak Jones role and whether or not hes wing or more half back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back