List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddy n Ablett senior the cream on the top šŸ˜‚ buddy was a massive part of 2 of hawthorns premierships, Ablett snr was the best player in a team that made 4 or 5 gfs, Iā€™d take a bloke that kicks 9 in a GF over a bloke that takes an uncontested mark, n with no match awareness stroll into an open goal n doesnā€™t even get a foot to the ball.

Same applies to cricket and just about any sport. Do you pick Ricky Ponting or Steve Waugh to play in your side. You pick Waugh every time.

Perhaps a better comparison you could understand is Jason Akermanis or Michael Voss. Akermanis had more kicks, more marks, more goals, more behinds, more tackles per game and easily the more talented of the two players.

Not one coach would ever pick a player like akermanis over voss ever. Players like Aker or Buddy win you games off their own boot and look amazing doing so but players like voss win you premierships and have sides built around them.

Same applies to cricket and just about any sport. Do you pick Ricky Ponting or Steve Waugh to play in your side. You pick Waugh every time.

Perhaps a better comparison you could understand is Jason Akermanis or Michael Voss. Akermanis had more kicks, more marks, more goals, more behinds, more tackles per game and easily the more talented of the two players.

Not one coach would ever pick a player like akermanis over voss ever. Players like Aker or Buddy win you games off their own boot and look amazing doing so but players like voss win you premierships and have sides built around them.
Does anyone claim Aker was a better player than Voss overall? Unlikely.

But Ponting at his peak was amazing. If we're talking ODIs it's not even close.

Last edited:

Ponting was a better batsman than Waugh but Waugh the better captain IMO.

Ponting is the best batsman we've had since Bradman but his captaincy was nothing special. Inherited Waugh's team with McGrath and Warne and they ran their own show. From 2003/04 to 2006/07 his record was 27 W, 3 L, 5 D. From 2007/08 to 2010/11 it was 21 W, 13 L, 8 D. His record without the great side of the 2000s is no better than Clarke or Smith who followed with pretty weak sides.

Guys I think for Tim Kelly own safety AFL should ban any talks of him going to Fremantle.

Bad culture over there. If Liam Ryan went to Fremantle he would be a Harley Bennell case

No way Iā€™d pick Waugh over Ponting no ******* way

Stephen Hill, Ballan 20190403_224735.jpg tyne, Sandi and add Mundy & Bennell to the Freo retiring list and they are gonna be loaded with cash for 2020. If we think we are getting Cogs or TK then we best be making some moves like retiring or moving on some older guys like Masten lol, Jetta, Schofield etc. (I had to say Masto 1st)

Stephen Hill, BallanView attachment 647587tyne, Sandi and add Mundy & Bennell to the Freo retiring list and they are gonna be loaded with cash for 2020. If we think we are getting Cogs or TK then we best be making some moves like retiring or moving on some older guys like Masten lol, Jetta, Schofield etc. (I had to say Masto 1st)
Not sure about Hill, but I wouldn't think Ballantyne and Sandilands would be on that big a pay packet.

Not sure about Hill, but I wouldn't think Ballantyne and Sandilands would be on that big a pay packet.
Sandi played five games in 2016, then 10 in 2017 on the final year of his contract. He signed a one year extension while he was sidelined with a hamstring injury. He played 11 games last season, and had missed seven consecutive games when his one year contract for 2019 was announced. No chance he's a high earner.

While Freo may have had to pay overs for Ballantyne to keep him away from Baldivis, I would also be blown away if he were on anything more than a pittance.

Fyfe, Hogan, Lobb, McCarthy (?) would all be on stacks. Not worried.

Sandi played five games in 2016, then 10 in 2017 on the final year of his contract. He signed a one year extension while he was sidelined with a hamstring injury. He played 11 games last season, and had missed seven consecutive games when his one year contract for 2019 was announced. No chance he's a high earner.

While Freo may have had to pay overs for Ballantyne to keep him away from Baldivis, I would also be blown away if he were on anything more than a pittance.

Fyfe, Hogan, Lobb, McCarthy (?) would all be on stacks. Not worried.
In addition, some of the cockburners' "stars" contracts are more than likely back ended and will chew into any savings the club makes from these purported retirements.

That photo and his comments about the Ealees sums up Wilson.

D!ckhead bogan. Do not want. Perfect for Freo.
Searched for it under 'nathan wilson fremantle' and there it was. That is an image I just wish I had never seen. Talk about bogan tackiness.

He really wouldn't fit in at a club with culture. So glad he went where he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Hill, BallanView attachment 647587tyne, Sandi and add Mundy & Bennell to the Freo retiring list and they are gonna be loaded with cash for 2020. If we think we are getting Cogs or TK then we best be making some moves like retiring or moving on some older guys like Masten lol, Jetta, Schofield etc. (I had to say Masto 1st)
so when are you going to finally ask Masto on a date?

Masto will be dropped for Venables or Rioli when hes back. As Masto isnt a half fwd

Masto will be dropped for Venables, the very Venables that was just dropped from a team that Masto held his spot in?

201 games and still boiling the absolute piss, long live Masto.

I don't think Daniel Venables would be making his way back to the team anytime soon unless injury or a player really is doing bad. Hes not an accumulator at WAFL his most possesion was 17 I think.

Rioli will remove Masten.. Cant see Petch being dropped with his electrifying pace. Nor Cripps or Ryan either. The decision will now be Masten..

Rioli will remove Masten.. Cant see Petch being dropped with his electrifying pace. Nor Cripps or Ryan either. The decision will now be Masten..
You need to go to see the games live and watch the role that Masten plays
Certainly not as a forward

I have been thinking about Venables in a trade to get Kelly.
Masten would miss out next season, even so when Rioli comes in shortly.

So how does Kelly come in as well as Masten and Venables?? There is noone in 22 that will retire this season. Outside of it Schofield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back