Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Foxtel has live coverage of the WWE sometime this week - I remember during their like 20+ days of Simpsons marathon, the only time that The Simpsons wasn't on is when they had to show WWE

Anyone got a favourite wrestler?

I can only make a recommendation if you're prepared to do a lot of internet sketch comedy homework, because an online Canadian comedy troupe (LoadingReadyRun) have done a few livestreams of WWE games populated with their various sketch characters as the LoadingReadyRun Rumble.

For less niche/arcane LRR content, they also did a road trip show recently that's on Youtube.

Please don't let ricochet get destroyed by brock ala kofi.

Would be happy with a match similar to lesner vs balor with brock coming out on top to face drew at WM.

Yeah, hope Ricochet doesn't get the Kofi treatment. Wouldn't mind a match similar to the one you mentioned, or the one against Daniel Bryan.

Ricochet could be heading back down under in August too!

WWE Live returns to Australia this August when WWE and TEG Dainty bring events to Melbourne and Sydney.

This year, WWE is celebrating 35 years of live event tours in Australia having debuted in Melbourne and Sydney in November 1985. This included 2 historic sold out Pay Per View events; the very first, Global Warning at Colonial Stadium in 2002 and WWE Super Show-Down in 2018 at the iconic MCG.

Fans attending WWE Live in Australia will be able to see WWE Superstars live in action as featured on RAW including Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, Drew McIntyre, Buddy Murphy, Charlotte Flair, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, The Kabuki Warriors, Andrade, Bobby Lashley, Aleister Black, Ricochet, Samoa Joe and many more (subject to change).

Do people think Coronavirus could affect the season 2020 ?
Random question... Some scientist in the USA has predicting 65m deaths worldwide in 18 months. I don't think this will happen, no where near it.
It seems to cause fatalities in those with pre-existing health conditions or the elderly +70 yo's.

Do people think Coronavirus could affect the season 2020 ?
Random question... Some scientist in the USA has predicting 65m deaths worldwide in 18 months. I don't think this will happen, no where near it.
It seems to cause fatalities in those with pre-existing health conditions or the elderly +70 yo's.

I think the most likely impact would be on the China game - realistically, the AFL should just make the call now to cancel that game this year and schedule it as a local fixture.

I'm having a good laugh at those who are continually going into full on panic mode over it - yes we need to take cautions, like washing hands, practising good hygiene etc, but don't need to panic and shut the world down

I've been trying to read up on things around coronavirus & covid-19; I'd rather read multiple sources versus the scaremongering comments on social media. While the following is from an American site, I think it can likely be extrapolated throughout other regions:

Almost everyone gets a coronavirus infection at least once in their life, most likely as a young child. In the United States, coronaviruses are more common in the fall and winter, but anyone can come down with a coronavirus infection at any time.

In most cases, you won't know whether you have a coronavirus or a different cold-causing virus, such as rhinovirus.

You could get lab tests, including nose and throat cultures and blood work, to find out whether your cold was caused by a coronavirus, but there's no reason to. The test results wouldn't change how you treat your symptoms, which typically go away in a few days.

I don't want to downplay things, if you are in an at risk category such as elderly, weakened immune system, etc - then totally take extra care, but the idea of scaremongering & extreme panic just seems over the top

And just for comparison, this is the current flu season in America - according to the CDC, for the period 1 October to 15 Feb (114 days) preliminary estimates are:

- between 29 & 41 million cases of the flu
- between 13 & 19 million medical visits
- between 280,000 & 500,00 patients hospitalised
- between 16,000 & 41,000 deaths

I think the most likely impact would be on the China game - realistically, the AFL should just make the call now to cancel that game this year and schedule it as a local fixture.

I'm having a good laugh at those who are continually going into full on panic mode over it - yes we need to take cautions, like washing hands, practising good hygiene etc, but don't need to panic and shut the world down

I've been trying to read up on things around coronavirus & covid-19; I'd rather read multiple sources versus the scaremongering comments on social media. While the following is from an American site, I think it can likely be extrapolated throughout other regions:

I don't want to downplay things, if you are in an at risk category such as elderly, weakened immune system, etc - then totally take extra care, but the idea of scaremongering & extreme panic just seems over the top

And just for comparison, this is the current flu season in America - according to the CDC, for the period 1 October to 15 Feb (114 days) preliminary estimates are:

- between 29 & 41 million cases of the flu
- between 13 & 19 million medical visits
- between 280,000 & 500,00 patients hospitalised
- between 16,000 & 41,000 deaths
Yeah, I think I tend to agree. The media has to spin on something, as sensational news sells.
Wouldn't be suprised if we get isolated cases though here in Australia considering we have global trade and global travels these days. Most likely in the big urban centres.

This is a new one. Noticed this on the V-Line website this morning....

The 8:30 Southern Cross - South Geelong service will not run this morning due to an ill customer. Customers may consider the 8:50 Southern Cross - Waurn Ponds or 9:10 Southern Cross - South Geelong service.

Must've been a pretty severe illness to force a train cancellation. Hope the customer in question is OK...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a new one. Noticed this on the V-Line website this morning....

Must've been a pretty severe illness to force a train cancellation. Hope the customer in question is OK...
Maybe an ill customer on the previous service which turns into that one

Due to the illness the delay was of such significance that the next service wasn't worth running

Alternatively, they may have coronavirus and the train will now be incinerated

Due to the illness the delay was of such significance that the next service wasn't worth running

More likely they fell ill on that train and it affected other services...

The 10:04 South Geelong - Southern Cross service will not run today due to an earlier ill customer. Customers may consider the 10:15 Waurn Ponds - Southern Cross service with extra stops at Corio and Little River for their journey.

I'm thinking the "illness" was more likely a more severe medical condition like a heart attack or seizure, and they needed to perform CPR or something similar.

Haha, yep burn it down and bury the ashes under 3 inches of concrete.
I dunno how yet but I wanna exploit this Corona thing somehow.

I do think though that vline has a little book of excuses that they flip though when it comes to these situations

I came to that as a solid idea after consecutive train trips a few years ago - I can't remember why but I left work early 2 days in a row and was on like the 4:30(ish) train that went through to at least South Geelong (where my car would be) - the train that arrived into Melbourne to turn into this one was coming from Seymour or that type of regional location as it was a genuinely old red rattler

Both days catching this train they "had" to terminate it early at Geelong station - the first day we were told earlish in the trip, and the second day after we left North Geelong. The reason for the delayed arrival to Melbourne and then our early termination - a sick passenger on the arriving service, 2 days in a row

I'm not saying that there wasn't 2 sick passengers on the same services on consecutive days - but seems very very unlikely. I'm struggling to remember dealing with 2 sick passengers in the same year on services I travelled, and I commuted for over 8 years...

More likely they fell ill on that train and it affected other services...

I'm thinking the "illness" was more likely a more severe medical condition like a heart attack or seizure, and they needed to perform CPR or something similar.

I remember 2 "ill" passengers on train services during my commuting years and the situations handled completely differently
- traveling Melbourne to Geelong, one person had a seizure between Little River & Lara area. There was a nurse on the train who was able to provide assistance and help the passenger - the train actually continued through to Geelong where the ambulance meet the train as it was going to be the quicker option compared with waiting at Lara

- the other time was winter and something happened before Little River. We waited there for like 45+ minutes for medical assistance; unless the person had to be immobilised, I don't understand why we didn't continue through to Lara which would have surely been a better option for medical assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back