List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the statements the only way it doesn't happen is if we draft McDonald and/or he suffers a concussion within the next week.
I think you might be right.

Surely we grab 4 in the draft now?

Pick 3
Match Gulden & Campbell
Live trade for Shannon Neale

2 rookie spots left
Paddy McCartin
Speedy half back flanker

I cant read this without thinking you are using rhyming slang.

Surely we grab 4 in the draft now?

Pick 3
Match Gulden & Campbell
Live trade for Shannon Neale

2 rookie spots left
Paddy McCartin
Speedy half back flanker

Of all players to live trade for Neale? There's better players to do it for, and frankly I'd only do it in the top 10. The rest are a chook lottery this year. Save the live trades for 2021.

Of all players to live trade for Neale? There's better players to do it for, and frankly I'd only do it in the top 10. The rest are a chook lottery this year. Save the live trades for 2021.
We need a ruck, they take time. Take the best we can get and hope they develop

Big ruck. Considered to be the best in what's a shallow pool. Possibly a 3/4 round pick based off of what I've read

Silly player to live trade for, sorry to be blunt. You answered your question why- weak pool. There will be 10 times the amount of Neale type rucks in the 2021 draft.

We need a ruck, they take time. Take the best we can get and hope they develop

Do it in 2021, we don't NEED one next year. We have the rookie draft anyway take one there if you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be taking a ruck next year too.

Just take one next year so we don't have to live trade a resource in a better (deeper at least) draft. We can take a cheap VFL ruck as a rookie if need be. Can we not trade next year's selections for 3rd or 4th rounders in a heavily compromised draft please.

Do it in 2021, we don't NEED one next year. We have the rookie draft anyway take one there if you want.
Absolutely, if Neale gets taken then it's best to take one in the rookie spot. From what I've read though there is 1 ruck worth taking this year and that's Neale

I disagree on not needing a ruck now though. Any ruck we grab I wouldn't be expecting to play a senior match until late 2022-2023

Silly player to live trade for, sorry to be blunt. You answered your question why- weak pool. There will be 10 times the amount of Neale type rucks in the 2021 draft.

A dynamic tall who - IMO - has as much talent as any of the talls being mentioned as top 5 prospects (if not the body of work), in an area we are clearly lacking with our list... is a "silly player" to live trade for? Bargains like him are exactly the kind you live trade for.

And before you knock him, please tell me which games you have seen of his?

They make it sound like it was a mutual decision to part ways, and Taylor wanted it just as much as the Swans. In reality we wanted him gone and basically fired him. Not that I am not pleased we fired him, but the business talk about collective view and the business talk associated with that is weird.
All about not being unnecessarily cruel.
Of course he's being fired, but I'm glad we're not being a$$$holes about it.

In the national draft too as these rookie ruckman we keep trying to draft don't really seem to work out.

Trade for a ruck imo, but it's not a completely pressing need, Tom Hickey will be fine for a few years

Trade for a ruck imo, but it's not a completely pressing need, Tom Hickey will be fine for a few years
This is why you draft the ruck now. So we don't end in the exact same situation where we are now:
-Unable to find a ruck who wants to come to Sydney
-Overpay for a stop gap

I don't get this thinking, this then must apply to every bid that gets matched not just number 1. Are the draftees so insecure they cannot handle not being the first choice of a club...the whole draft is filled with players who are not the clubs first choice so why is it an issue at the first pick. If the 10k is a reason, then you are picking a player who is not so confident in their own ability to generate plenty more than that in years to come. Make no mistake, between themselves the boys know who the number 1 pick is.

This comes up so often it is simply ridiculous to have as a reason Adelaide would not pick JUH. They should definitely pick him as you never know, there just might be a reason the Dogs cant match the bid, very unlikely of course, however, they will be derelict in their duty to the footy club if they do not select the clear number 1 pick first. Put it on the Dogs to match, then go for Tilthorpe or McDonald or whoever....
Wait and see.

How's trading for a ruck worked out so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back