2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks in: Narkle, 2020 round one late pick/ early round two
Geelong in: Breust, fourth rounder
I'm not super for trading Breust- BUT if the deal is right I'd consider it, would a deal like this seem fair to people?

The messaging from the Club seems to be that they don't think they are that far away. Just lamenting the hub situation and missing a few pieces.

If that's how they really think, I can't see them trading out any talent. Rather just go to the draft and try and snare a quality DFA.

Rockcliff ran hazing for new players at Brisbane including pissing on them. Polec as you would expect was not a fan of this.
Nothing wrong with hazing if it weeds out the Polecs of this world.

I always thought that Michael Voss and Justin Leppitsch created a harsh environment for players to gel with each other and create club loyalty, dont know the specifics, but they didn't seem the best options for coach at Brisbane.

Brutal, savage, harsh, ruthless, they are the words you're looking for
In the 80's maybe, these days it's called s**t behaviour, or workplace bullying.

In the 80's maybe, these days it's called sh*t behaviour, or workplace bullying.

Hazing is playing pranks on new players, it can go to far, but it can reveal the true character of an individual, i wouldnt be surprised if most clubs don't play pranks on first years, that's just low level hazing...

Hazing is playing pranks on new players, it can go to far, but it can reveal the true character of an individual, i wouldnt be surprised if most clubs don't play pranks on first years, that's just low level hazing...
We're talking about Rockliffe specifically who was said to have pissed on teammates amongst other things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of crock
“Reveal the true character”
just let’s you know who the w***ers are at the club

Yeah someone pissing in my beer and bullying me really builds character

The lions had to force him out of the club as he was toxic. He was destroying the club. Virtually the second he left things got a lot better. Hardly an endorsement for his behaviour.

Dare I say, Lonie has been good for the Saints tonight.....could do worse than him as a small, pressure forward.

Dare I say, Lonie has been good for the Saints tonight.....could do worse than him as a small, pressure forward.
Doesn't have enough tricks for mine, and I wanted us to take him in his draft year.

Doesn't have enough tricks for mine, and I wanted us to take him in his draft year.

Would be an upgrade on Minchington and Hanrahan at least?

Something toxic going on at GWS. Too talented to be finishing 12th

We should be looking closely at that list and reaching out to any disgruntled players
Yup, could pick through dem bones.

Something toxic going on at GWS. Too talented to be finishing 12th

We should be looking closely at that list and reaching out to any disgruntled players

I think O'Halloran would be a perfect fit for us. Class ball user, good size (187cm) and explosive pace. Only knock is he doesn't find enough of the ball but we already have two pure midfield bulls hunting it.

Caldwell would be nice too but he doesn't have the class ball use and is injury prone. Wins a lot more ball though.

Both would likely cost Pick 21 or a future second (but 21 is probably going to be ~25 or 26 after Academy bids, FA compo etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back