2020 mini pre-season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore & HA are Astbury types. Or we going to have Moore, Dave/Broad , Dlyan as tall defenders?

maybe getting Moore allows Grimes to move back into his 2017 roll more?

Did he play on Jack? He may just be wanting to pump him up because he kicked 7 goals across 2 games last year.
Can't recall(Dam i might have to watch the game again. :D ).Just abit strange thats all.But then again Jack is abit strange.lol

If Rance wants to play for another club he’s done in my books. He’s tainted his legacy.
Would not be as bad as when Ottens did the traitor act and left us for Geelong. Rance has given us some glorious years and many brilliant games to help us win 2017 - and to be a mentor and motivator during 2019 as well.

After developing Ottens for a few years where he was mostly mediocre but showed promise, he gave us one decent season before he suffered injuries. RFC stood by him and rehabilitated him and got him right as he was entering his prime years - where we could build a really good team around him and Richo and a core of other very good players. But he took the money and the hope of personal glory and abandoned us as pay back for all of the development and rehabilitation just as he was entering his prime. Rance has given us his prime. I would prefer Rance to stay a Tiger if he plays on - but he pas paid his dues for us.

Would not be as bad as when Ottens did the traitor act and left us for Geelong. Rance has given us some glorious years and many brilliant games to help us win 2017 - and to be a mentor and motivator during 2019 as well.

After developing Ottens for a few years where he was mostly mediocre but showed promise, he gave us one decent season before he suffered injuries. RFC stood by him and rehabilitated him and got him right as he was entering his prime years - where we could build a really good team around him and Richo and a core of other very good players. But he took the money and the hope of personal glory and abandoned us as pay back for all of the development and rehabilitation just as he was entering his prime. Rance has given us his prime. I would prefer Rance to stay a Tiger if he plays on - but he pas paid his dues for us.

Ottens was treated like rubbish by our captain at the time and his clique, anyone in the same circumstances would have wanted out. They did the same to Tuck and plenty of other players. You were either in the clique or you weren't really part of the team in any meaningful way beyond making up the numbers (including clearly best-22 players).

Much as we don't like to think it, the club was a bad place to be for quite a few on our list back in those days.

Fortunately, that's ancient history and we embrace and support all our listed players now. That makes me prouder of the club than premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing we are in excellent position list and cap wise going into next year and we are very confident of shaking out not 1 but 2 big name players from other clubs for next season.

We already have a big saving with Rance’s contract terminating last December but apparently we have massively front loaded a few contracts last year and this year - not the least of which is Lynch and Caddy. Plus, we re negotiated on pretty favourable terms with Shedda, Jack and Chimpa plus in all likelihood Bachar will retire at season’s end.

All up, I’m hearing we’re gonna have the best part of $3m in cap space going into 2022.

That'd make so many people crazy. Rebuild the team for another threepeat.

He did

occasionally

Potentially a really good player. Unfortunately not in reality.
Reckon Tambling was a decade to early.
Would have thrived under our current system.

Well because it’s you Winfrey.

Im hearing that one player may necessitate us having to trade away our first round pick. We’re looking at a prime defender and a prime mid. The prime mid is part of a plan to extend Dusty’s career by sending him forward more over the ensuing years. The overall strategy appears to be similar to Hawthorn’s over 13-15 where we recruit in big name experienced players to take advantage of the window we’re in. We know it will require a re set in a few years but the time and the capability is with us right NOW.

Rance will never play for us again. The club’s pretty much said that but there’s also another supporting element behind it. A few clubs are interested in trading with us to ensure he gets to a club of his choice - whoever he may select. Maybe a 3rd rounder or that range. One club has a few planets aligning with us it seems.
Why would he not want to play with us again ?

Ottens was treated like rubbish by our captain at the time and his clique, anyone in the same circumstances would have wanted out. They did the same to Tuck and plenty of other players. You were either in the clique or you weren't really part of the team in any meaningful way beyond making up the numbers (including clearly best-22 players).

Much as we don't like to think it, the club was a bad place to be for quite a few on our list back in those days.

Fortunately, that's ancient history and we embrace and support all our listed players now. That makes me prouder of the club than premierships.
Really? Is there anywhere I could go to see reports of what you are saying about Wayne Campbell - or quotes from Ottens or others involved about his reasons for leaving. I can't recall any whispers alluding to such at the time but I was living interstate so was not regularly reading the Sun or the Age at that time.

So, Cripps and Weitering?

If we got Cripps, we could sit dusty in the square 100% of the game and laugh while we watch the oppo try and stop lynch, riewoldt and him all game.

Really? Is there anywhere I could go to see reports of what you are saying about Wayne Campbell - or quotes from Ottens or others involved about his reasons for leaving. I can't recall any whispers alluding to such at the time but I was living interstate so was not regularly reading the Sun or the Age at that time.

There were no public articles in the press at the time which stated things clearly as I recall, it was written about in the usual ways, player wants out etc., it was a really divided playing group after Knights getting replaced and the circumstances around it, players were in one camp or the other. Most of what I knew was from various insiders who knew Ottens hated the place long before he got traded and said it was certainly going to happen long before it did. No love lost between Knights and Campbell.

I know for a fact the article about Tuck being completely miserable and treated like he wasn't even part of the team was from 2005 after he got his break and was doing so well, but I can't find that either - I guess the archives of articles only last so long. That one pissed me off way more than the others (which can probably be simply put down to personality clashes and tribalism that all organisations have), he was a first-year kid and should have been looked after and embraced instead of spending all 2004 wishing he'd been drafted elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back