Prediction 2021 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep overblowing his deficiencies and ignoring his strengths if you want.

There’s plenty of other lesser player in the midfield let alone our team that a developing player can nab a spot off before Treloar.

You don’t drop your guns to give speculative guys a game you drop your role players.
Only you think he's a gun
Watch some tapes

We need to find a way to reinvent that crap forward line. It is what stops us being competitive
Sidey Keane mihochek
Elliott Cox de goey

Kelly wilson or Murphy as other options all mobile all 6,5 plus wingspan s
2022 daicos

Also into Charlie Cameron's Brother
See good to me

We disagree on Cox I know but I think he's in for a huge year
No preseason last year
We couldn't get a clearance and crap entries
Hopefully he's more consistent

I'd really like to see some position changes in 2021.

Sidebottom - FWD

Pendlebury - DEF

De Goey, Crisp, Maynard - MID

Moore - FWD

Callum Brown IN THE GUTS. He's totally wasted in the forward line.

More games across the board for the rookies, and less gifting games to non-contributors like WHE and Josh Thomas. People need to accept that the Josh Thomas of 2018 is NEVER going to return. The less games he plays in 2021 the better. The less Mayne and Greenwood the better as well.

Cox to ruck 20% or more of game time. Grundy badly needs relief in the ruck. Also, I never see Grundy rested forward. People poo poo the idea of him as a forward, but is it not worth trying here and there to see if maybe it could work?

A whole change of game plan would be great too.

I don't see us even making the 8 if we go into next year with the exact same on-field structure and gameplan, now minus 3 best 22 players.

Yeah, but treloar only ran hard one way and usually turned it over which gave his opponent all the space in the world to create a counter attack after he turned it over. There is a reason why he was never tagged

I wasn't suggesting that Treloar was without flaws. I was responding to a suggestion that Treloar out and Sier in would give us more grunt. I think it was an incorrect suggestion. Sier has a bigger body, but he doesn't hunt the ball as well as Treloar does, he doesn't get to as many contests and he doesn't provide as many repeat efforts as what Treloar does. Treloar goes and goes and goes; Sier barely goes. You'd be defining grunt or viewing the two players very differently to me if you were to consider Sier to offer more grunt than Treloar.

2021 if our key players collapsed or sustained an injury.
FB J Noble - M Keane - J Madgen
HB T Langdon - J Roughead - I Quaynor
C C Mayne - L Greenwood - J Dacios
HF W Hoskin Elliot - D Cameron - C Brown
FF J Thomas - M Cox - F Appleby
Foll M Lynch - R Wills - T Brown
BNCH T Bianco - T Wilson - T Roscoe - D Beams

It's ridiculous personally, Dayne Beams would be an extra rotation on the bench as Beams would furthermore be painting a picture to the delight of the crowd.

I agree with CaptainHowdy87 we need to see some changes.

De Goey surely has to Go midfield

Moore also has to go forward.

I keep hearing about Sier but can we develop him, this is a big question mark to me with our current coaching group.

The two players above De Goey and Moore should have been developed, particularly De Goey in the midfield but that hasn't occured.

Hopefully the coaching group can sort that out.

Sidey Keane mihochek
Elliott Cox de goey

Kelly wilson or Murphy as other options all mobile all 6,5 plus wingspan s
2022 daicos

Also into Charlie Cameron's Brother
See good to me

We disagree on Cox I know but I think he's in for a huge year
No preseason last year
We couldn't get a clearance and crap entries
Hopefully he's more consistent
While I hold out hope of what I have seen that Keane Willson and Kelly will all play senior footy they still need to get 50 odd games under their belts as they develop so they aren’t going to be the answer in 21 maybe in 23 they will

Fastest kid in the country, but has the worst endurance. Might take some time.
Unfortunately, the game is called 'Football' not 'Run'. We could have Usain Bolt in the team but he wouldn't necessarily be a decent footballer. I hope Reef has much more to offer than just a dashing pair of feet over a short distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it easy. How is that forward line or team materially different from that of the last couple of years? Treloar was a walk up starter, but even he wasn’t as damaging as his possession count suggested. The other three traded would have been depth players. Phillips is overrated and Stevo was horrid.

So we won a final, we were premiership favourites until our tough schedule kicked in....and all of a sudden we are bottom 4 because we lost an injury prone mid who was ineffective with ball in hand? Come on get real!

Our forward line will improve if we deliver the ball to them directly and effectively. Cox improved when he could see the ball, he had a serious eye issue that he was managing.

I genuinely don’t understand what’s wrong with you people to be persistently so negative.

premiership in 2022 if we can land some quality FA’s for me.

:confusedv1:

Unfortunately, the game is called 'Football' not 'Run'. We could have Usain Bolt in the team but he wouldn't necessarily be a decent footballer. I hope Reef has much more to offer than just a dashing pair of feet over a short distance.
From what i've heard from fairly decent judges is that he is a very good player, his upside is huge and he can do some freaky things, going to be a very good get for us

I'm unsure as to how he'd get over it tbh. His yips are like those I've never seen before!

Reid overcame his yips. I think we'll see Cal getting more midfield time which is where I think he'll play his best footy.

We need to find a way to reinvent that crap forward line. It is what stops us being competitive

That "crap" forward line is essentially the same as that lauded in 2018 as 1 of the best in the league.

It was never one of the best was always system over talent. Sides have worked us out and now we can’t score

LOL. Did you even read that before you posted it?

The talent is not there, we had an attacking system that worked despite having a lot of floored players up forward. Now sides have worked out how to defend against the way we played and we lack the talent to kick a score

Checkers, Cox, Thomas, Elliott, WHE have all shown the capacity to kick a goal a game or better, JDG 2 goals a game or better. You choose to ignore that fact then that's on you but our forward line has the same capacity as the other contenders. Big difference is that they generally rely on fewer players to kick their goals. Our issue isn't the cattle, it's the way we control and move the footy.

Checkers, Cox, Thomas, Elliott, WHE have all shown the capacity to kick a goal a game or better, JDG 2 goals a game or better. You choose to ignore that fact then that's on you but our forward line has the same capacity as the other contenders. Big difference is that they generally rely on fewer players to kick their goals. Our issue isn't the cattle, it's the way we control and move the footy.
Look at Richmond, Geelong, Brisbane and the Eagle’s their forward lines are miles better than ours.

We don’t have the talent up front

DeGoey needs to play in the guts to get the best out of him, then the rest * at best they are role players.

Elliott had been playing mid

Thomas has had one decent year as a forward

Mihocek is a solid number 2

Cox is no good 9 games out of 10

WHE is scared of his own shadow and has struggled for the last two years

We desperately need to improve this area of our side if we are to ever get back to being a contender

We ranked in the bottom 4 for converting inside 50s into scores. The forwards get more than enough looks but they just get beaten time and time again

Before you pot the mids they aren’t miracles workers. The forwards need to be on the move and actually present not just stand there stationary and call for it out the back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back