List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club needs to drive a hard bargain. Of the Adelaide teams are offering over 700k for him , they can cough up a top 10 as they rate him so much.
The club has given away players before for virtually free so if we don’t get what we want, send him to the psd and at least make them sweat on it for a bit.

Sick of the club just rolling over on the trade table just to be nice guys.

and there is the rub... the selfish chase of 300 just like Murphy when his wonderful career has gone off the cliff. JPK did not make top 10 despite missing one game. At best best next year he is a 26-30 player whose selection holds back others.

He should remember back to ratting out family history when he left the Dawks for opportunity. he now does the same to others.

He was the last player to adapt to the new game style and try as he might he aint got it. As for teaching that is a joke. He has no voice on the ground.
That is one of the most disgraceful comments I have seen on this board.

That is one of the most disgraceful comments I have seen on this board.
Yeah, I mean JPK is past prime, all for siphoning off minutes to go to other younger mids, wouldn't play him every game. But as was shown this year, he's still got something to offer, capable of big impact, probably not on big bucks and an absolute legend of the club. Very poor form some of the unhinged commentary.

Club needs to drive a hard bargain. Of the Adelaide teams are offering over 700k for him , they can cough up a top 10 as they rate him so much.
The club has given away players before for virtually free so if we don’t get what we want, send him to the psd and at least make them sweat on it for a bit.

Port Adelaide is the better choice if we have to lose Dawson as Port's first rounder is in the range for Dawson. Adelaide have a first rounder that is too high, and Dawson is worth way more than a second rounder.

I am sure we would offer Hewett a contract if he asked to stay or there wasn't interest elsewhere. Probably unders for what he would want though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide is the better choice if we have to lose Dawson as Port's first rounder is in the range for Dawson. Adelaide have a first rounder that is too high, and Dawson is worth way more than a second rounder.

Dawson is a better player than cerra and he’s going to land the dockers pick 6. Cerra is a good inside mid but they are a dime a dozen. Dawson is a 194cm elite marking player than can play both ends and a top 3 kick in the league .

The club needs to dictate his value not let his desired club and the position of their pick set his value

According to Tom Morris who is in the know of everything at the Swans, we offered him 2 years at 500K each.
He took 4 years at 800K & now we have a big problem because we shouldn't have signed him on that & let him go so that we don't lose Dawson, Stephens, Hewett, Reid, Fox, & the other 13 uncontracted players who wouldn't be senior footballers anywhere else other than at our club.

So yeah, Parker's contract was announced by our unofficial list manager,Tom Morris, who nailed the Daniher to Swans for Tom Papley to Carlton deal, which we lost because Daniher kicked 1 goal in two Brisbane final straight sets losses & Papley only kicked 2 goals in 1 finals loss.
Your disdain for Tom Morris is a little over the top.
We may very well have offered Parker only 2 years which is why it has taken so long to get done. How do you know that this wasn't the case? Parker apparently insisted on 4 years and the club relented. No-one on this board including you knows how much the $$$ factor is over those 4 years.
For all we know, we may lose two of Dawson, Stephens or Hewitt. Until they are signed there is just as much chance they go as there is they stay. None of us have any idea so what Morris says could be wrong or it could be right. So why do you profess to know what is actually happening?
As to the Daniher deal, again no-one here knows 100% what would have happened but I believe that if Carlton had agreed to what we wanted for Papley, he would now be playing for Carlton and Daniher would have been a Swan. I'm extremely happy it didn't happen but it very well could have.
It is the job for journalists to make comments or would you prefer it that you open the pages in the paper or turn on the tv and no-one makes any comments until an event has actually happened.
One thing I am 100% convinced of is that they are in more of a position to make comment on what is likely to happen than what you are.
Nothing personal about this.

if Port it would be their 1st and future first.. or equivalent
Dawson is worth A LOT more than p17

He isn't leaving. He said don't worry!

Your disdain for Tom Morris is a little over the top.
We may very well have offered Parker only 2 years which is why it has taken so long to get done. How do you know that this wasn't the case? Parker apparently insisted on 4 years and the club relented. No-one on this board including you knows how much the $$$ factor is over those 4 years.
For all we know, we may lose two of Dawson, Stephens or Hewitt. Until they are signed there is just as much chance they go as there is they stay. None of us have any idea so what Morris says could be wrong or it could be right. So why do you profess to know what is actually happening?
As to the Daniher deal, again no-one here knows 100% what would have happened but I believe that if Carlton had agreed to what we wanted for Papley, he would now be playing for Carlton and Daniher would have been a Swan. I'm extremely happy it didn't happen but it very well could have.
It is the job for journalists to make comments or would you prefer it that you open the pages in the paper or turn on the tv and no-one makes any comments until an event has actually happened.
One thing I am 100% convinced of is that they are in more of a position to make comment on what is likely to happen than what you are.
Nothing personal about this.
Tom Morris reminds me of that puppet on Hey Hey Its Saturday.
Same cheesy grin.
Same amount of brain material and credibility.

There is every chance Hewett wants to exercise his right to look around. We probably said go for it.
He comes back and says I want to stay this is what I am being offered. We go sorry George we can’t pay you that. He decides the difference is too much.

So we don’t offer him a formal contract and he probably already has a gig lined up, just a formality of paperwork.

Thats what you get from this conversation?

I'll paraphrase Harley.
"there is a process with restricted free agents and we will continue to negotiate with George"
What i liked from that snippet from Harley interview is that when asked, he dodged saying Hewett is a priority, but did say the Swans are excited about the u25yo list.
Dawson is a priority! Reckon he'll re-sign very soon.

How many of the senior players will be on the list in 2023? and how many in 2024??
Buddy, JPK, Parker, Rampe, Lloyd, Cunningham, Sinkers, Hickey, Naismith, Reid

I was responding to a post that suggested Hewett was pushed out of the mids at the start of the year by Warner, who had not yet had those 4 games you speak of, so not sure what you're talking about. The idea that we'd push out one of our best players (as rated by coaches) for a 2nd year kid who looked pretty ordinary last year, unless fitness or positional need had something to do with it, is pretty insane.

I love Chad, but let's not kid ourselves that he's passed Hewett. Regardless of his burst, and especially for the decisions at year start.

4-0 season start says selection decisions at the time insanely awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back