2021 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The club used to do 3 game free memberships to VU students. I think Covid put a stop to that last year and it hasn’t been reintroduced.

I was right up in the nosebleeds as a social club member. I think it's a bit of a crapshoot really, no guarantee you get a better spot than others should we make it.
Front row, second level, above the cheer squad behind the goals, I was pretty happy with that. Only thing was the presentations were at the other end of the ground for some reason. Why not the middle?

Front row, second level, above the cheer squad behind the goals, I was pretty happy with that. Only thing was the presentations were at the other end of the ground for some reason. Why not the middle?
The pressos were done on the 50m line at Dogs cheer squad end (Punt Rd end).

I was right up in the nosebleeds as a social club member. I think it's a bit of a crapshoot really, no guarantee you get a better spot than others should we make it.

Me too and we had to wait til really late to find out what we had. Then the 3 game free memberships start telling us they had premium seats on Lev 1, high fiving players as they did their victory lap.

Not that I'm bitter, we're supposed to be thankful for getting the seats that we'd paid extra for years to guarantee that we were entitled to.

Does anyone know if you can take a guest into the social club? I think you used to get a couple of guest passes sent out but there aren't any this year.

Does anyone know if you can take a guest into the social club? I think you used to get a couple of guest passes sent out but there aren't any this year.

The social club has not been open this year due to COVID.

Me too and we had to wait til really late to find out what we had. Then the 3 game free memberships start telling us they had premium seats on Lev 1, high fiving players as they did their victory lap.

Not that I'm bitter, we're supposed to be thankful for getting the seats that we'd paid extra for years to guarantee that we were entitled to.

It is out of the clubs hands. What annoyed me was neutrals that had AFL memberships going instead of doggies or Swans.

The club used to do 3 game free memberships to VU students. I think Covid put a stop to that last year and it hasn’t been reintroduced.

I’m guessing not but were there any type of stats into how many they were or how many maintained after student offer through purchase? Would be interesting.

I’m guessing not but were there any type of stats into how many they were or how many maintained after student offer through purchase? Would be interesting.

I think we did get a few, I think some used to post on here.

It is out of the clubs hands. What annoyed me was neutrals that had AFL memberships going instead of doggies or Swans.

Not blaming the club at all. However there should have been criteria built into the system to ensure people were allocated seats reasonably commensurate with their level of membership. I think we ended up with Cat 5 or 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership figures for all clubs are a farce now.

When you add all the cheap memberships and donor memberships you get inflated numbers.

Anyone that thinks actual member numbers are soaring when no one knows how many games they can go to and thousands have lost jobs are kidding themselves.

There used to be a graph that told you how many of each membership clubs had and the average was around 50% were actual full members.

On the topic of our numbers specifically, they don’t include freebies.

If we included freebies or very cheap ones I would be the first to know lol. Would give them out to everyone I know.

We won’t break 50k paid members this year but if Covid is completely handled before the start of next season and we win the flag I can see us reaching high 50s next year and the year after.

On the topic of our numbers specifically, they don’t include freebies.

If we included freebies or very cheap ones I would be the first to know lol. Would give them out to everyone I know.

We won’t break 50k paid members this year but if Covid is completely handled before the start of next season and we win the flag I can see us reaching high 50s next year and the year after.

Well they actually do

We got pulled up for it when we were giving them to VU students and we still do it.

Every club does

Well they actually do

We got pulled up for it when we were giving them to VU students and we still do it.

Every club does

I remember when there were 3 games memberships to be won in Mars bars. I got one so I could take other people along to games. The next year I was invoiced for another 3 game membership along with my usual Bulldog for Life memberships.

Well they actually do

Every club does
We don’t give free VU ones, at least haven’t for a few years now.

There’s a $50 3 game membership for VU students, so half price.

We don’t give free VU ones, at least haven’t for a few years now.

There’s a $50 3 game membership for VU students, so half price.

Sorry you are wrong

Every club gives free memberships in some form

Junior Days
Prizes
Sponsors
Family members

We are no different to any other club.

Sorry you are wrong

Every club gives free memberships in some form

Junior Days
Prizes
Sponsors
Family members

We are no different to any other club.
I know about those butshould’ve clarified I’m talking mass scale, we don’t give freebies.

Those type of memberships would not make up thousands of our numbers. Whereas Carlton have given away 20-25,000.

Taking away the freebies wouldn’t drop us below 40k where if you took the freebies from some other clubs they would have pretty large drops.

I know about those butshould’ve clarified I’m talking mass scale, we don’t give freebies.

Those type of memberships would not make up thousands of our numbers. Whereas Carlton have given away 20-25,000.

Taking away the freebies wouldn’t drop us below 40k where if you took the freebies from some other clubs they would have pretty large drops.

That’s your opinion. I’d imagine half of ALL clubs memberships for every club are not real memberships. Which is anything lower than 11-18 games.

Why you think we would be any different is baffling to be honest.

We have been pushing 3 games memberships for the last month or so. Imo they would be an enormous percentage of our figure

That’s your opinion. I’d imagine half of ALL clubs memberships for every club are not real memberships. Which is anything lower than 11-18 games.

Why you think we would be any different is baffling to be honest.

We have been pushing 3 games memberships for the last month or so. Imo they would be an enormous percentage of our figure
3 game memberships whatever you think of them, are still paid memberships.

There's a wheel to spin for each member on the dogs website, everyone wins something. Free to spin. I got free shipping for Dogs store. Maybe someone here will get lucky with a major prize like signed jumper?

There's a wheel to spin for each member on the dogs website, everyone wins something. Free to spin. I got free shipping for Dogs store. Maybe someone here will get lucky with a major prize like signed jumper?
Where can I find this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back