MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tribunal chairman says if the jury does determine Mackay is guilty, there would be a further discussion about penalty.

The jury will now deliberate.

You shredded our argument, but just cop a fine so our hideous precedent stands.

Maybe he is not a contortionist and simply a footballer attempting to win possession of a loose ball, as has been the case since the game was invented.

And if people are going to query why McKay didn't do something different in that contest, they should also query why Clark didn't change his approach to the ball.

Think I was taken a bit of context but I'll leave it there as people are understandably emotional.

But as far Clark, yes there needs to be discussion about duty of care for themselves as well as opposition players.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSIONS

First up Jeff Gleeson on behalf of the AFL.

The entire argument comes down to whether what Mackay did was reasonable in the circumstances.

"If you think it was unreasonable, that's the end of the matter."

Gleeson asks whether it was reasonable for Mackay to run 20m at high speed towards a vulnerable player.

"it wasn't an accident in the sense it wasn't unforeseeable.

"If Mackay sprinted the way he did and hurtled into the contest he would bump into Clark at high speed. That was foreseeable."

He said ti was not only possible, but likely that high contact would occur and if it did at that speed, injury was almost inevitable.

Gleeson says Mackay's evidence that he always thought he would get to the ball first should be disregarded, along with his evidence that he didn't distinguish whether it was a Saints or Crows player he was about to collide with.

That bolded bit didn't happen did it?

AFL responds to Adelaide's testimony, disagreeing with the idea there has been a change in the rules and that this is a test of what is reasonable or unreasonable in the circumstance.

AFL: I'll restrain from myself from describing my learned friend's argument as garbage, citing the old adage the stronger the language, the weaker the argument.

There's another old adage about being better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and expel all doubt...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what i thought. And 10m was quoted as the measured distance.

Gleeson is lying to make Mckay look bad.

Low....
I mean he literally told the tribunal they should disregard Mackay saying he thought he could win the ball...

I've actually never seen him be this much of a slimy campaigner before. I get that this is what he's employed for so I've never really let it annoy me before, but I'm pretty pissed with practically every AFL employee involved in this whole process. It's been a real shitshow of trying to engineer a result outside of their own rules.

If McKay gets suspended tonight, then I'm nominating for this years draft. I'm slower than a snail going backwards bogged in treacle, so I'll never run into anyone, but equally no-one will be game to run into me in case they inflict some damage. I'll be out there (if picked) waiting for the ball to land in my immediate vicinity - an inch or two away- gather it and then get a kick. Should go well.

Last edited:
Tribunal chairman: The jury says the contact was not unreasonable. It was not unreasonable for Mackay to go for the ball, both players got there at virtually the same time and both were seeking to collect the ball. Mackay's contact was not unreasonable.

NOT GUILTY

If McKay gets suspended to night, then I'm nominating for this years draft. I'm slower than a snail going backwards bogged in treacle, so I'll never run into anyone, but equally no-one will be game to run into me in case the inflict some damage. I'll be out there (if picked) waiting for the ball to land in my immediate vicinity - an inch or two away- gather it and then get a kick. Should go well.

Well I'll be buggered. Career over before it even had a chance to start. :mad:

How ******* embarrassing for the AFL.

Been failing for a few weeks to shaft blokes contesting the ball, and keep getting s**t flung in their face by the trbunal, so they try to do it really ******* dirtily by skirting the edges and still ******* fail. Pathetic.

Congratulations Mackay, and well done to his rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back