Preview 2021 Qualifying Final vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart is a pretty big out, as we are notorious for having poor forward entries and he totally cleaned up in the minor round game.

Has averaged 24 disposals and 9 marks per game. Massive omission. Just like on the weekend against Melbourne without him there, it's those final 5-10 minutes of the match where Stewart would usually come floating across the pack to take timely marks. Has done it for years, particularly in finals. No better opportunity for Port Adelaide to capitalize. They win this game, they are going to the grand final.

Has averaged 24 disposals and 9 marks per game. Massive omission. Just like on the weekend against Melbourne without him there, it's those final 5-10 minutes of the match where Stewart would usually come floating across the pack to take timely marks. Has done it for years, particularly in finals. No better opportunity for Port Adelaide to capitalize. They win this game, they are going to the grand final.

What’s the story with Touhy? Do you think he’ll get back during the finals?

I love how the game didn't matter to Geelong cos they were 'gonna play in Adelaide either way' but have then said that they gave Dangerfield a bigger rest in Q4 cos he was crook - why play him then pretty boy Scott?

He's close and may be picked this week but it would be a big risk and I don't see it happening. Probably the week after (or prelim) he will return.

I like him, except when we play you. He’s got a good balance of tough guy and skilful guy.

Don't waste Drew on Selwood, he isn't worth blanketing these days. I hesitate to write off a champion but he reminds me of a veteran fighter who has been knocked out too many times and is fighting on memory. Actually just checked his stats from Saturday night, 28 and 1 goal, as I said never write off a champ.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Selwood is the PERFECT match up for Drew. Cut the team off at the head, Drew can keep up with him and Selwood will lift them when they need it, stop him from getting first touch and getting it out to Guthrie and Danger and dragging them over the line and it will go a loooong way to us winning the midfield battle. Selwood wins Geelong games as much as Boak for us, make no mistake. Also I’d back Drew to spread off Selwood going the other way too.

Speed kills Geelong and without their greatest asset (Stewart), we can really expose them out the back and on the quick play through the corridor. I think Geelong are very good at dealing with the switch but if you go direct they are absolutely vulnerable on the deck. This is especially evident at half forward if you don't bomb the ball in long and instead spot someone up around the 50. See Rozee last time we played them.

I think we should put Motlop higher up and play him in that role he was so prominent for when he played with Geelong. Motlop bursting through the centre on turnover cutting up Geelong would be a sight to behold. He cops a lot of flack but he is still a good runner and user through the corridor. Its important to note that he is a player who thrives once in open space allowed to run and carry/create. He is not the deep pocket we have been trying him as in recent years. His best play for us was when we had him running on the wing.

I don’t care how good you are, 10 weeks out, you will be very rusty and blowing hard early. Duncan is a jet but I think it’s a big risk to take.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If he's at all fit enough to take the field they'll play him. It's not like he can play a VFL game to prepare so if they plan on going deep in finals they'll have to pull the trigger at some point. And the non elimination game would seem the ideal time to do it.

You win if he was playing out and out 🌟.

If he's at all fit enough to take the field they'll play him. It's not like he can play a VFL game to prepare so if they plan on going deep in finals they'll have to pull the trigger at some point. And the non elimination game would seem the ideal time to do it.
I agree and expect him to play.

Corey Enright could suit up for the first time in five years and have a field day. Cats interceptors to Port Adelaide are like Jason Davenport to West Coast on nandrolone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we are due for a complete 4 quarter blitz. We are yet to do this year. And what better time? Get our confidence up early nailing forward opportunities and we have the ability to expose their vulnerability to speed. Play on their terms, it will be a slog. But this year we have won those games. Geelongs forward line will not be held all night....

If our small forwards / mids play to their elite level, we will go straight to preliminary final. Fantasia, Gray, Rozee and our greatest player in the making, Butters, are poised for the Friday night main attraction. Can't wait to be there!!!

I think Selwood is the PERFECT match up for Drew. Cut the team off at the head, Drew can keep up with him and Selwood will lift them when they need it, stop him from getting first touch and getting it out to Guthrie and Danger and dragging them over the line and it will go a loooong way to us winning the midfield battle. Selwood wins Geelong games as much as Boak for us, make no mistake. Also I’d back Drew to spread off Selwood going the other way too.

We shouldn't need to worry about the decrepit corpse of Selwood at this stage.

Looking back to last year's QF and Rockliff, Hammer and SPP had big numbers in tackles, Rockliff & SPP up there for clearances as well.

Drew will be important

I love how the game didn't matter to Geelong cos they were 'gonna play in Adelaide either way' but have then said that they gave Dangerfield a bigger rest in Q4 cos he was crook - why play him then pretty boy Scott?

He s**t himself…literally.

That’s what Scott was referring to in the last 8 minutes being unable to get on.

Could easily still be a late out too I feel.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. I have a feeling he'll play but Chris Scott is on the record as saying that he names players if they have even a 1% chance of playing and is notorious for the late out. Don't take notice of their selected team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back