List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What risk would there be? You're not giving up anything for him. There's only potential upside.

Nobody gambled on rookieing him. COLA reportedly took him for a test drive and passed.

Seems unlikely this year though a club bereft of key forward options sitting in the 8 might gamble mid-year.

Nobody gambled on rookieing him. COLA reportedly took him for a test drive and passed.

Seems unlikely this year though a club bereft of key forward options sitting in the 8 might gamble mid-year.
Sydney passed because they ended up picking up a key forward that they didn’t think was going to be available. As I understand, they were going to pick him up if that didn’t happen. And they still might.

For those saying the game has gone past those types of players. I look at the Coleman medal this year and I see Hawkins #1, Dixon #2. Yes McCartin is miles away from them in terms of quality, but their MO is similar and the price tag is not comparable.

There is absolutely no way you can confidentially say he has no chance of making it. That same risk can apply to conservatively 35% of our list.
You're being pedantic. I don't think he's worth trying out because the chance of him making, it in my eyes, are miniscule.

Sydney passed because they ended up picking up a key forward that they didn’t think was going to be available. As I understand, they were going to pick him up if that didn’t happen. And they still might.

For those saying the game has gone past those types of players. I look at the Coleman medal this year and I see Hawkins #1, Dixon #2. Yes McCartin is miles away from them in terms of quality, but their MO is similar and the price tag is not comparable.
Hawkins and Dixon would absolutely cream McCartin in every athletic category.

Hawkins and Dixon would absolutely cream McCartin in every athletic category.

errr, ok? What’s your point? Goldstein would probably absolutely cream Tom Hickey in every athletic category but that doesn’t mean the latter can’t be an AFL tap ruckman.

errr, ok? What’s your point? Goldstein would probably absolutely cream Tom Hickey in every athletic category but that doesn’t mean the latter can’t be an AFL player.
I'm saying your comparison is bad.

Hawkins and Dixon would each have 2" on him (in height TT) and 10+ kg. In addition to being more mobile, better runners and more damaging.

He has more place being compared to Cam Pedersen than he does to those 2.

Oscar McDonald will be joined by Zavier Maher and Callum Moore during the supplemental selection period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins is one inch taller and 5kg heavier than Paddy McCartin.

I saw McCartin rated at 95kg but have seen 100kg elsewhere on another search which admittedly matches your comparison.

Nevertheless Hawkins and Dixon size puts them up in ruckman territory and a whole different proposition to guard over a McCartin imo.

Hope we have half a dozen train on players come down to the club at the start of the pre-season.

Given our lack of key forward depth i'd would love to see Jackson Callow or Kaine Bladwin (depending on where he is at with his knee recovery) given a chance to train with us.

Even mature prospects like Tyler Keitel or Paddy McCartin would be worth trialling.

I'd be happy if we invited Callow and Baldwin. The other one I'd look at is Sam Skinner, pushed out of Bris by Daniher. He's big agressive, he's had some injuries over time, but just think it's worth a shot even if it just takes some pressure off Larkey as the only tall forward each week.

I think chances are there will be an LTInby mid season. Not to be pessimistic but we still have a few likely types for this.
Every team will probably have an LTI by the mid year draft. Hopefully we're prepared to actually use that mechanism this season. We seem to have a more switched on group running the show now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Knowing our luck we will have 2 or more able to go on LTI by mid year
Just hope the club decides to pull the trigger on them unlike previous years.
Going to put pressure on who leaves at the end of 2021 though.
Club has dropped/replaced a lot of the dead weight players so its not like we really have a lot of 'list space' considering we'll probably have to take another 3 draftees in 2021.

Just hope the club decides to pull the trigger on them unlike previous years.
Going to put pressure on who leaves at the end of 2021 though.
Club has dropped/replaced a lot of the dead weight players so its not like we really have a lot of 'list space' considering we'll probably have to take another 3 draftees in 2021.

There’s still quite a few that will be under pressure to maintain a spot on the list.
Hall , Campbell, Tyson, Willy , atley are just a few without even thinking about it.

What sort of forward do you mean when you say that.

Ben Brown type forward I'd assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back