List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow, poor endurance, too short to ruck, ineffective at ground level and unable to pressure.
Heh, this is such garbage. Yes the game has gone past those players. Actually, at no point in the games history has that sort of player succeeded.

McCartin is not in the AFL system currently only due to health reasons. Not because “the game has gone past him”. If a qualified person (i.e. neither of us) says his medical issues are behind him, or the risk of them being a factor going forward is small, then he should be in the AFL system again.

I can’t say that is the case, nor can you, but if someone can, then we may as well be the team to see where he can get to considering we are giving up absolutely zilch to find out.

Heh, this is such garbage. Yes the game has gone past those players. Actually, at no point in the games history has that sort of player succeeded.

McCartin is not in the AFL system currently only due to health reasons. Not because “the game has gone past him”. If a qualified person (i.e. neither of us) says his medical issues are behind him, or the risk of them being a factor going forward is small, then he should be in the AFL system again.

I can’t say that is the case, nor can you, but if someone can, then we may as well be the team to see where he can get to considering we are giving up absolutely zilch to find out.
Cry more. I don't rate him.

Ben Brown type forward I'd assume.
So 60 goal a year forward i am guessing then. ( Smile )

Dear me i suppose he should just give the game away then. Does not leave many any positives then in your opinion.
He's a really strong mark and attacks the ball with great aggression. The fact that he has concussion issues sort of neutralises that last attribute though. Also seems like he has a really good character. If I was him I'd be focusing on another profession though.

He's a really strong mark and attacks the ball with great aggression. The fact that he has concussion issues sort of neutralises that last attribute though. Also seems like he has a really good character. If I was him I'd be focusing on another profession though.
Probably but we all know how hard it is to give up on your dream. Obviously his dream was is to play AFL so not an easy choice just to give it up even though it would be the wise choice. All elite sports people are the same actually should really say most just want to go just one more time regardless of risk. We have given lesser players a chance but in saying that i do see were you are coming from dont get me wrong.

So 60 goal a year forward i am guessing then. ( Smile )

Yeah was waiting for that, I personally never really rated him. And I realise that puts me at odds with the majority of our supporter base. I'm ok with that of course. Also 3 /7 were sixty ( low sixty )plus.
He was ok at times.

Does anyone feel like a guess at how many goals Ben Brown kicked over SEVEN finals appearances? And FOUR of those came against *.
A clue if those figures carried over his entire career he'd FF in our Shitmen Team of the Century and by a country mile.

Two first rounder's at a minimum they said 🙄

Yeah was waiting for that, I personally never really rated him. And I realise that puts me at odds with the majority of our supporter base. I'm ok with that of course. Also 3 /7 were sixty ( low sixty )plus.
He was ok at times.

Does anyone feel like a guess at how many goals Ben Brown kicked over SEVEN finals appearances? And FOUR of those came against *.
A clue if those figures carried over his entire career he'd FF in our Shitmen Team of the Century and by a country mile.

'Low 60s' give me a spell.

Finals record not great, quite a few of those we got hammered fwiw.

He was ok at times.

Oh dear. You’ve just lined Bambi up in the crosshairs and gone bang.....:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

61 isn't high and yeah as I stated I'm ok with being on the outer, would seem plenty of other AFL clubs shared a similar view.

For the record 9 goals in 7 finals you're being very generous with your " not great".
In terms of looking forward I don't disagree with dealing him.

Would need to look back on finals in more detail, I don't recall thinking he disappeared in finals - maybe it's just his record against decent defenders/systems.

Still maintain low 60s was good, I'm not certain he can do it again though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
In terms of looking forward I don't disagree with dealing him.

Would need to look back on finals in more detail, I don't recall thinking he disappeared in finals - maybe it's just his record against decent defenders/systems.

Still maintain low 60s was good, I'm not certain he can do it again though.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd love to know how many goals he kicked when paired with Waite. Sheesh Waite was a star and did a lot of heavy lifting that Ben reaped the benefit from

Jack is not quick, he's getting a lot of injuries and that ****ing goal kicking just magnified his bad year.

However, if the midfield & half back press are putting on the heat, and Jack stays fit, then his impact in matches ins unquestionable, and we need his physical presence more than ever in a forward line consisting of only Larkey & Comben.

If he has a significant injury interrupted year again, then I could see Jack himself pulling the pin early, otherwise he's required.

There's no doubt he was visibly frustrated last year, and he's not the sort of bloke who kids himself.
Zurhaar adds physicality! So does Garner if fit, and what if we rotate Cunners through there and Goldy drifts down? Too early to tell without seeing the game plan unfold.

Zurhaar adds physicality! So does Garner if fit, and what if we rotate Cunners through there and Goldy drifts down? Too early to tell without seeing the game plan unfold.

I reckon a series of rotating medium forwards is teh way they are going to go.

Zurhaar/Taylor/Thomas/Ford all replacing the traditional CHF, with the odd burst from Xerri/Goldy.

Larkey will be our sole KPF at times.

Zurhaar/Taylor/Thomas/Ford all replacing the traditional CHF, with the odd burst from Xerri/Goldy.

We are apparently going to play an attacking style so this is the forward setup we need. Zahhaar and Taylor can both take a decent high mark

We are apparently going to play an attacking style so this is the forward setup we need. Zahhaar and Taylor can both take a decent high mark

I'll believe it when I see it, but I agree that we can cobble together a CHF from our marking flankers.

Stephenson is way in front of Ford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back