List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Same.
Assuming we go a mid + KF with our first two picks, what type of positional player / or which player would you be hoping for at pick 19?
I'd like someone with a bit of toe (eg. Sinn), but would jump on JVR if he slid.
I'd want to get someone like Jack Williams if he is still available. Having Benning later might change that into Jacob.

Assuming we are losing Lobb at the end of 2022.

Same.
Assuming we go a mid + KF with our first two picks, what type of positional player / or which player would you be hoping for at pick 19?
I'd like someone with a bit of toe (eg. Sinn), but would jump on JVR if he slid.
I don't assume we do that with our first two picks. I can see several scenarios where we trade picks. Too many good options to be certain of what we do, but what would knock my socks off is;
Erasmus/Johnson
Johnson/Wangabeen-Milera
JVR/Williams

Last edited:
Someone needs to tell JVR to tell clubs that his not getting his covid jab unless he plays for freo. That way we can get him at 19.

Williams finished games as strong as he started them. Great, and reasonably rare, attribute in a young big.

Plus he's from the East Fremantle Assembly Line of Champions.
Jack WILLIAMS | WAFL

He kicked 40 goals in 15 games, 89 marks and 138 hit outs.

Amiss kicked 51 goals in 15 games, 76 marks and only 4 hit outs.

Same.

I'd go with another tall mid or mid/forward. Someone like Hough, Howes or Owens. Could still get one if we trade the pick. Maybe even two, depending on what the trade was.

Jack WILLIAMS | WAFL

He kicked 40 goals in 15 games, 89 marks and 138 hit outs.

Amiss kicked 51 goals in 15 games, 76 marks and only 4 hit outs.
Is it wrong to want both considering JVR is likely to go at 17* to Richmond before our pick whereas I saw Williams rated around the 24 mark. Treacy CHF, Amiss FF, Williams F/R combo? Plus a top 10 mid to replace Cerra.

Is it wrong to want both considering JVR is likely to go at 17* to Richmond before our pick whereas I saw Williams rated around the 24 mark. Treacy CHF, Amiss FF, Williams F/R combo? Plus a top 10 mid to replace Cerra.

I like that plan. Johnson, Amiss, Williams.

If Hawthorn do offer to buy our #8 for their #21 and future first then we hope and buy the pair of Williams and JVR at #19 and #21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup and he is still 17, late Birthday in Dec.. so only just in this draft
Isn’t this the case with Erasmus?
Some of the WA boys are just that, so the upside is huge.
We all saw how in one year the difference it made to Logan.
I remember on one the main draft threads I was shot down on
what McDonald did at 17 in the U18’s champs.
One person argued he would be lucky to go second round.
As for JVR I think he showed plenty in his GF, and many saying he dominates because of lack of competition.
Well Bazzo is going to be a good player, if he was a Vic he would be up there with Gibcus.

Isn’t this the case with Erasmus?
Some of the WA boys are just that, so the upside is huge.
We all saw how in one year the difference it made to Logan.
I remember on one the main draft threads I was shot down on
what McDonald did at 17 in the U18’s champs.
One person argued he would be lucky to go second round.
As for JVR I think he showed plenty in his GF, and many saying he dominates because of lack of competition.
Well Bazzo is going to be a good player, if he was a Vic he would be up there with Gibcus.
Yep Erasmus is 17 until December

6. Erasmus
8. NWM
21. Williams

or
6. Erasmus
8. Amiss
21. sonsie
I don’t think we even know who it will be in the second round.
I expect we will wait for the night to decide, as it’s out of our hands who is left?
Bell also indicated it’s up for sale?
I’m still bemused with the need for speed, on paper we look like the hardness is missing.
The bigger bodies of f the AFL just pushed us aside.

I don’t think we even know who it will be in the second round.
I expect we will wait for the night to decide, as it’s out of our hands who is left?
Bell also indicated it’s up for sale?
I’m still bemused with the need for speed, on paper we look like the hardness is missing.
The bigger bodies of f the AFL just pushed us aside.
Think if they want Williams they will trade back. But if they take Amiss early they might take best available.

I think hawks Richmond & Geelong would offer a future 2nd and a pick in 20’s if the right player is available.

Yeah reading that I’m sold on Amiss and one of Johnson/Erasmus with the first picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Freo will go tactical on 8&10.
Amiss at 8
10 will be either Johnson/Erasmus
Depends on who Freo want.
Rich are a chance at taking Amiss at 9 or will probably go local if not available, for a mid as there are a few about.
We need one of Johnson/Erasmus as Fyfe\Mundy replacement. I’m happy with either.
If JVR is available at 19 then we take him. Otherwise consider a trade down a couple of spots and of Williams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back