List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm glad he's signed. I recall everyone saying he wasn't going to last after 2 years. If you had that attitude for all our signings we'd never field a full team. Can't have a team full of superstars Caesar.
This genius was pretty high on him 4 games in....

Florent's averaging more touches than a skinny kid named Isaac Heeney did over his first 4 games.

I can only assume that the people writing him off are basing their opinion on disposal numbers and fantasy points.

When you watch him, the kid is all class. Yes he gets bullied a bit but so do Mills, Lloyd and even Aliir on occasion but nobody is calling for them to be sent back to the NEAFL to "build confidence".

I'm glad he's signed. I recall everyone saying he wasn't going to last after 2 years. If you had that attitude for all our signings we'd never field a full team. Can't have a team full of superstars Caesar.
Hey hey, not everyone!

If you're interested here's a link to a review of Vic Metro vs Allies game held last weekend

you're kidding ...

I'm not kidding. Whether you agree with my comment or not probably depends on what you consider to be a "core part" of the group going forward. I have 11 players in my core group going forward and Florent's not in it. No shame in that.

Are we any chance at all to land Taranto? rare occasion his preference is to remain in Sydney (probably due to the fact he has part ownership of Macelleria butcher restaurant with Coniglio) but i feel sadly he will be to expensive :(
Interesting that a side with so many midfield “stars” (Kelly, Taranto, Hopper, Coniglio, Tom Green, Whitfield) is currently 14th on the ladder & season over.

Either the club culture is poor, or some of the aforementioned players are over-hyped.

A big offer on any of them would be a risk.

Pass.

Interesting that a side with so many midfield “stars” (Kelly, Taranto, Hopper, Coniglio, Tom Green, Whitfield) is currently 14th on the ladder & season over.

Either the club culture is poor, or some of the aforementioned players are over-hyped.

A big offer on any of them would be a risk.

Pass.

You could watch their individual highlights all day. Their midfield work, on the other hand, is unwatchable.

They are very good players, but very average midfielders.

It's not a midfielder's job to be a very good player, it's a midfielder's job to make a very good midfield.

There in lies the problem. All they have are midfielders. They have no one up forward to kick the ball to. There forward line is reliant on Toby Greene.

Bulldogs midfield is also stacked with talent and they are 8th.

There in lies the problem. All they have are midfielders. They have no one up forward to kick the ball to. There forward line is reliant on Toby Greene.

Would gladly take Taranto off their hands.

I don’t quite buy that argument.

The GWS midfield still trades on reputation stemming from all being high draft picks.

Point being: I don’t know if Taranto (or any of the others) is actually an upgrade on our current crop.

But they’d demand more.

Are we any chance at all to land Taranto? rare occasion his preference is to remain in Sydney (probably due to the fact he has part ownership of Macelleria butcher restaurant with Coniglio) but i feel sadly he will be to expensive :(
Is he a part owner in the entire Macellaria? Cuz there's two of those in Melbourne as well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, who is everyone taking out of the midfield rotations to fit a Taranto/Hopper in? We are running with four predominantly at centre bounces and that's even with our rotating cast of cameo mids we love to pointlessly throw in there: Parker, Mills, Warner and Rowbottom.

One would have to go or be on significantly reduced midfield time.

We have enough mids or guys that'll move into the mids. We need to replenish our backs and key position players.
This is why I think we'll give Gould another year regardless of whether he makes senior debut. We are stretched very thin down back, and he's not that far away from making it. We only need to make 4 list changes and Naismith, Taylor, Sinclair and Kennedy all seem like obvious ones to me.

This is why I think we'll give Gould another year regardless of whether he makes senior debut. We are stretched very thin down back, and he's not that far away from making it. We only need to make 4 list changes and Naismith, Taylor, Sinclair and Kennedy all seem like obvious ones to me.

Yep agree. Within the next 3 years we'll see reid, hickey and buddy retire imo. We have mcdonald, ladhams, amartey and mclean. Who knows if the latter 2 wait that long with us. So KPP is a concern for me, especially since they take longer to develop. Happy to give gould or any of the backs more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back