List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our new chef has showed me a couple of recipes designed for JHF. Here is one -

Plonk spicy curry beef pie in Soup Bowl
Pour in thick Dahl and add crispy onions and chopped coriander
Combine yoghurt, chilli and tomato sauce and tip over
Eat with Chapatis
No, no, no. That is, definitely far too edible. The idea of a Pie Floater is you only eat it when very pissed after a day at the footy and a night at the nightclub or Disco. It is not a staple. It is one of the most disgusting inventions ever to grave the culenary pages. There are plenty of recipes and all the same for a TRUE PIE FLOATER.

They think it was invented by a guy called Ern 'Shorty' Bradley, called Shorty because he was probably tall. In those days Aussie humour was alive in all nicknames. Ern was from Port Pirie. The recipe is quite simple.

Place a Pie upside down in a Soup bowl

Drown the pie in Blue Boiler Pea Soup, Green Pea Soup

Add as much tomato sauce as you can tí hide the taste of the other two together lol

This was Shorty's recipe.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No, it was an adaption of a British dish, dumplings in Pea and meat gravy. Dumplings are floaters

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I admit to getting cravings for dumplings in a stew. I had a crack a long time ago but had to buy a lump of suet from old fashioned butcher to make and was at a loss what to do with the remainder iirc.

Dumplings were a way of stretching food and filling bellies.

I still like bread and dripping (no butter needed). The dripping I collect and prep myself. Done properly no fat is used.

When I make chicken stock, I collect the fat which has a fab flavour and use it when making omelettes, schnitzel or to flavour baked spuds etc.

Never won one is what I’m saying and is our highest paid player.

If we get degoey heap then why not

Personally wouldn’t be renewing Lloyd

Florent should be put up but probably not even worth it what we would get back

Gould should get another year cause rampe will fall even further and most likely be in the 2s halfway through next year

Heeney has never win a Skilton so he's not worth it yet Lloyd has won 2 but is also not worth it. The metrics mean nothing if you change them depending on who you're arguing about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Wu reporting Florent's about to re-sign with us after some interest from Vic clubs.

Good for him and I'll always love his loyalty, but tbh this is just meh to me. Don't see him as a core part of our team going forward so if he stays fine, if he went, also fine.
I'm glad he's signed. I recall everyone saying he wasn't going to last after 2 years. If you had that attitude for all our signings we'd never field a full team. Can't have a team full of superstars Caesar.

I'm glad he's signed. I recall everyone saying he wasn't going to last after 2 years. If you had that attitude for all our signings we'd never field a full team. Can't have a team full of superstars Caesar.

Whilst that is true, not only do I not think Florent is a core part of our team going forward, I'm still not actually convinced that he will make it at all. I know that playing 100 career games means you've technically "made it", but IMO his place in the team in the future is less certain that any other stage of his career. He's basically been ousted from the midfield, so now has to make it in defence or I just don't see where there is a place for him, and he's rapidly losing the 'youth card' privilege that affords him patience and opportunities.

His career to date has been a story of giving him opportunities and him disappointing us. We played him as an inside mid, he could never manage more than one or two good games in a row, got overtaken by Rowbottom and then Warner. So we played him as a wingman, he just couldn't find the ball or impact enough, got overtaken by McInerney and then Gulden.

He's currently at half back, so now we wait... more disappointment or finally his arrival? TBD...

Whilst that is true, not only do I not think Florent is a core part of our team going forward, I'm still not actually convinced that he will make it at all. I know that playing 100 career games means you've technically "made it", but IMO his place in the team in the future is less certain that any other stage of his career. He's basically been ousted from the midfield, so now has to make it in defence or I just don't see where there is a place for him, and he's rapidly losing the 'youth card' privilege that affords him patience and opportunities.

His career to date has been a story of giving him opportunities and him disappointing us. We played him as an inside mid, he could never manage more than one or two good games in a row, got overtaken by Rowbottom and then Warner. So we played him as a wingman, he just couldn't find the ball or impact enough, got overtaken by McInerney and then Gulden.

He's currently at half back, so now we wait... more disappointment or finally his arrival? TBD...
Think I can 100% disagree on this Caesar.

He’s not even elite atm. You’re relying on him becoming elite and stopping being a moron which seems impossible atm.

He is closer than any of our mids or do we have mids that are getting 30 odd and can kick multiple goals that I don’t know of.

He is closer than any of our mids or do we have mids that are getting 30 odd and can kick multiple goals that I don’t know of.
What are you talking about? He’s not had 30 disposals once this year, in fact over 25 twice.
Mills. Heeney, Warner Florent all currently having more impact that him.

What are you talking about? He’s not had 30 disposals once this year, in fact over 25 twice.
Mills. Heeney, Warner Florent all currently having more impact that him.

Florent? Laughable. The only one is Mills who our coach loves to not play in the middle every chance.

Florent? Laughable. The only one is Mills who our coach loves to not play in the middle every chance.

This is just factually incorrect.

Mills has played almost entirely in the middle since the start of last season. He's had double digit centre bounce in all but one game in that time (Geelong last year, when he played in defence - which undeniably worked as it helped net us a win over a top four contender.)

He's been moved on just one occasion this year - at half time in the Richmond game, after our midfield, which Mills was heavily a part of, got spanked in the first half. We instead gave the responsibility to a few more dynamic options, played Mills in defence, and again, it netted us a win over a quality side.

I like Mills in the midfield a lot and would agree that he's currently our best mid, but I'm OK with him being shifted out of there providing it produces results - and so far it undeniably has.

As for him winning a lot of ball in the defensive half, taking intercept marks, rebounding from d50 etc... you know that's just part of being a two-way midfielder right? It doesn't mean he's playing in defence. He had 8 rebound 50s and 6 intercepts, which is a solid defender's game, but still had the 3rd-most centre bounce attendances for us. He was just doing what all good two-way mids should be doing and helping out in defence when it was down there.

This is just factually incorrect.

Mills has played almost entirely in the middle since the start of last season. He's had double digit centre bounce in all but one game in that time (Geelong last year, when he played in defence - which undeniably worked as it helped net us a win over a top four contender.)

He's been moved on just one occasion this year - at half time in the Richmond game, after our midfield, which Mills was heavily a part of, got spanked in the first half. We instead gave the responsibility to a few more dynamic options, played Mills in defence, and again, it netted us a win over a quality side.

I like Mills in the midfield a lot and would agree that he's currently our best mid, but I'm OK with him being shifted out of there providing it produces results - and so far it undeniably has.

As for him winning a lot of ball in the defensive half, taking intercept marks, rebounding from d50 etc... you know that's just part of being a two-way midfielder right? It doesn't mean he's playing in defence. He had 8 rebound 50s and 6 intercepts, which is a solid defender's game, but still had the 3rd-most centre bounce attendances for us. He was just doing what all good two-way mids should be doing and helping out in defence when it was down there.
I just think whenever LPno1 sees Mills near defensive 50 he gets ptsd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back