List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I understand the need to have some time off over a bereavement. But I’m a bit bemused that a professional on >$1M can (if the media reports are correct) say “I don’t know if I want to play anymore” and his employer is fine with it.

I’d be VERY surprised if behind closed doors, Richmond’s public statements that he can basically just come back whenever he wants reflect what is really going on.

Im sure Richmond is doing everything they can to help - but they’d need clarity pretty soon.

Regardless, I wouldn’t be chasing a player who isn’t even sure they want to keep playing.
It's not realistic that he is coming to the Swans. All over red rover.

I reckon Sheldrick is that mid for JPK.
By the sound of things we have a nice group coming out of the academy that cover a range of skills. King, Gander, Anderson and others, some already playing VFL. With 2 first rounders we will have lots of choices if we feel there is a gap. Best situation we have had in a long time I think.

Article on AFL website saying JMac is going to resign
article is pretty poor - says JMac rolled his ankle (wrong) also only mentions 1 of JMac's rising star nom's ???
But seems pretty clear that he will re-sign

Honestly, how hard is it for these journos to do their homework before publishing an article? It's their job for heaven's sake, just fact check!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've "only" brought in 6 mid capable players in the last 3 national drafts, including 3 last year (none of whom played last night). I feel like we've got bigger issues elsewhere (looking beyond the next 1-2 years), or at least areas where we haven't already spent up big on recently (and now have to wait for player development). I.e. in 1-2 years we lose Rampe, Hickey, Buddy, Reid and there's question marks over Melican, Amartey, McLean still. We've got the year to work out if BOC, Gould, Melican, Amartey, McLean, even Ladhams, are going to be best 22 in the medium to long term, but if not, there's our priority areas (although ruck may be helped out by King if he has a good final academy year and McAndrew who won't be a known quantity for another 2-3 years).

Last edited:
I still think we lack alot of class in the midfield. We desperately need a dual footed classy mid especially when the going gets tough.

They don't grow on trees especially ones that get the Ball 30+ times. I mean I'm all for trading the farm for Sam Walsh...

Darcy Moore just signed a massive extension with the Pies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back