List Mgmt. 2022 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals: Kinnear & Dalrymple - we march to no drum but our own!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giants are loosing 3 best 22 players. We're keeping the list which made the grand final together and all this board is doing is complaining. Really fine with not being super active on trade week. Essendon gave up 2x first round picks and he's barely in their 22 now. Nothing wrong in being conservative

Don't even think conservative is the right word

Confident

Giants are loosing 3 best 22 players. We're keeping the list which made the grand final together and all this board is doing is complaining. Really fine with not being super active on trade week. Essendon gave up 2x first round picks and he's barely in their 22 now. Nothing wrong in being conservative
Tigers are adding 2 best 22 players

Cats adding 2 best 22 players

Demons adding Grundy

Brisbane adding 3 best 22 players

Bit of schadenfreude about his predicament. Karma kicking his butt. Hawthorn supporters basically calling him a plodder.
I have a suspicion it wasn't just his status as a surplus inside mid that meant we were willing to let him go. I reckon his character (or lack thereof) would have played into the decision a bit too.

He's going to retire as a player that no group of supporters particularly cares for, despite being a pretty good player.

There's been a lot of talk about the good old days when we brought players in, however worthwhile considering what we've given up for them.

Two 'biggies' in Buddy RFA, no draft picks needed, Tippett pre-season draft, effectively no picks needed.

Happy to be corrected but I believe the last player we gave up a first rounder was Ted Richards back in 2005 (pick 19).
(We swapped first round picks with Port in the Ladhams deal).
Before that Barry Hall in 2001 (2 1st rounders), Paul Williams in 2000.

We always been a team that trades outside the first round.
Sure there was one great year (2009) when we brought in JPK, Mumford & McGlynn, but the guy we actually gave up the most for in that trade period was Mark Seaby (pick 22) who managed a grand total of 18 games with us.

We have never been big players at the top end of the trade table.

Every year big name players get thrown up and many seem keen to give up a couple of 1st rounders for 'that' player and every year another team 'wins' the trade period and we just keep dealing with the issues created by being a Sydney based team (cost of living, no go home factor etc) as best we can, which primarily means the draft and concentrating on development and retention and hopefully occasionally hit the jackpot with the academy.

It got us a GF this year and since 2003 (when Roos took over) we've played in the finals 17 out of 20 years.

Happy to continue to back in the list management/recruitment team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do people want to trade out? never see that list in here
If life was a video game, everyone not best 22 and lower potential than others. Trade them for draft picks, then combine those draft picks until we get a top 5 pick. Then draft the best kid. Then use picks 61 and 62 to get KPP to trade in 2 years as 2nd rounders to get more picks to get future top 5 picks

But since it isn't Premiership Coach: Bell, Ronke and Cunningham since Lloyd re-signed

Who do people want to trade out? never see that list in here
Want isn’t the right word but Melican and Ronke have probably hit their ceilings with us and have some currency. I’d be asking for future picks.

Actually if there’s a player I “want” gone it’s Ladhams. I may grow to love him but right now I’m still livid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back