List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Dates:

Friday 07 October at 5.00pm

Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

Monday 10 October
NAB AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)

Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections

Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences

Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes

Friday 11 November at 9.00am

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences

Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
AFL Trade Period closes – selections only

Monday 21 November by 3.00pm

NAB AFL Draft Nominations close

Monday 28 November at 7.10pm

2022 NAB AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)

Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.

Tuesday 29 November

AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)

2022 NAB AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)

AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)

Wednesday 30 November

NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
NAB AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)

Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm

Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Last edited:
Obviously heaps to play out but Tanner Bruhn is a real watch and wait with Geelong. He might be a live PSD option...

GWS want a top 15 pick. Geelong only willing to send a future 3rd their way.

Talk about underrating round 1 talent.
Well after his 1st contract with the cats he will be told they will pay him future 3rder money. So I can see their point.

No one is worth a 1st rounder at Geelong. Just look at their books. You will be convinced as GWS will be.

If I was Bowes I wouldn't be going anywhere near North. He gets the same money basically wherever he goes, so why would you go to North, Essendon or Hawthorn if you can go to the Premiers.

His chances of getting a regular gig at Geelong are nowhere near as good as with us. One of the reasons the Cats were so dominant this year, was their depth. There were players who would have been regulars in bottom 4 sides, who played regular VFL football this year.

In my opinion, there is much more to be gained for a player like Bowes, by joining a lower down the ladder club, than there is by joining a top4 club and that gain is the far greater likelihood of regular senior football.

He is a pretty handy footballer and if he selects Geelong, he will be in the mix for sure, but joining us, he is much more likely to be a regular senior player.

Anyway, he won't join us, so we are wasting our time debating the issue.

Everyone is saying top 5 minimum…I think I know the top 4, but who is the 5th of the top 5 outside of Ashcroft…?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think people are including Ashcroft so we get one of Sheezel, Cadman, Tstatas or Wardlaw. That sixth pick is likely one of McKenzie, Phillipou, Clark or Humphrey.

Would want to get the Log and Tucker deal done in the next 24 hours.

Would seem to be a fairly straightforward trade.

The longer it drags out the more I feel they will change their mind in wanting to come.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Don't know about Logue, but it seems Tucker is in Melbourne at the moment.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Is Paddy Dow a total bust or just slow to develop? Apparently done well in VFL this year but can't get a senior game and is "exploring his options". Haven't seen him play but would it be worth trading our R4 to Carlton for him + their R4? Just to corner the market on 2017 draft.

I would.

I think people are including Ashcroft so we get one of Sheezel, Cadman, Tstatas or Wardlaw. That sixth pick is likely one of McKenzie, Phillipou, Clark or Humphrey.

That’s what I thought, so top 4 is what we should be after as 5 really isn’t to dissimilar to 8…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is Paddy Dow a total bust or just slow to develop? Apparently done well in VFL this year but can't get a senior game and is "exploring his options". Haven't seen him play but would it be worth trading our R4 to Carlton for him + their R4? Just to corner the market on 2017 draft.
Depends on list space. If we flame out on Bowes and Clark, maybe throw him a bone.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

His chances of getting a regular gig at Geelong are nowhere near as good as with us. One of the reasons the Cats were so dominant this year, was their depth. There were players who would have been regulars in bottom 4 sides, who played regular VFL football this year.

In my opinion, there is much more to be gained for a player like Bowes, by joining a lower down the ladder club, than there is by joining a top4 club and that gain is the far greater likelihood of regular senior football.

He is a pretty handy footballer and if he selects Geelong, he will be in the mix for sure, but joining us, he is much more likely to be a regular senior player.

Anyway, he won't join us, so we are wasting our time debating the issue.
There may be more to gain for Bowes, but is there more to gain for us? If he can't get a game at Geelong then why do we want him? And to be honest, if our only card to play is that players should come to us because they won't get a game somewhere else, how are we attracting players who will make us better? Are our only recruiting options players who won't get a game at other clubs? What player is going to choose us on the grounds that "you won't get a game anywhere else?"

Would want to get the Log and Tucker deal done in the next 24 hours.

Would seem to be a fairly straightforward trade.

The longer it drags out the more I feel they will change their mind in wanting to come.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Can people stop acting like this is a thing that has ever happened? I get the pessimism around here at the moment but both players haven’t spent months negotiating with us, requested trades and waited this long for it to be formally finalised just to turn around and back out because it takes an extra day or two.

It’s only Day 2 of the trade period!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can people stop acting like this is a thing that has ever happened? I get the pessimism around here at the moment but both players haven’t spent months negotiating with us, requested trades and waited the last couple of months for it to be formally finalised just to turn around and back out because it takes an extra day or two.

I'm not sure why, but people are nervous.

you make a valid point but it doesnt help much........

I think the real issue is nobody knows who our coach is going to be, we still only have half a footy department and we are the worst team in the comp.

Yes sure doesn't read well I admit, but heck worse places to be over the years...

1664843566571.png

1664843596396.png
1664843690744.png

It really is how you try and sell it. Opportunity is the word I'd be using a lot .

I'm not sure why, but people are nervous.

you make a valid point but it doesnt help much........
Nervous about what though? What indication is there that either player doesn’t want to come any longer? If you listened to Brady and Cal Twomey yesterday you’d know that both players did their share of due diligence after the Clarko story dropped and both reaffirmed their desire to come to the club.

Logue’s manager himself has confirmed it!

Some posters are being negative for the sake of it. I get it because of the JHF and Clarko stuff, but let’s tone down the self pity just a notch when it’s not required.

Call me crazy, but I don't think Port are going to give up Georgiades, Bergman, pick 8, f1, and f2 for JHF and our f4!

That favours Nth a lot and absolutely shafts Port. As much as I'd love it to go that way, there is no way Port are giving up pick 8, Bergman, Georgiades and a future first to get JHF.
Oh I know, but f*** ‘em!

There may be more to gain for Bowes, but is there more to gain for us? If he can't get a game at Geelong then why do we want him? And to be honest, if our only card to play is that players should come to us because they won't get a game somewhere else, how are we attracting players who will make us better? Are our only recruiting options players who won't get a game at other clubs? What player is going to choose us on the grounds that "you won't get a game anywhere else?"

I'm talking from his point of view and his prospects of playing senior football at another club, not what we might be saying to him. They are very different perspectives.

If he needs a guide as to whether he should join the Premier or the Wooden Spooner, assuming of course that he wants to maximise his chances of playing senior football, he should consider the course taken by his current teammate, Brandon Ellis.

Ellis won two flags at the Tigers and then grabbed the long term contract with the Suns. He has been a regular there ever since. He is a good footballer but not a star and at the end of his time at the Tigers, he knew his chances of getting regular senior game, were highly unlikely. Speak to Tiger supporters and they will confirm.

He made a very smart choice and for any footballer wanting to make the most of their limited time in football, they need to make smart choices. In my opinion.

The afl have to step in at some point, that’s all sorts of messed up.
The AFL won't do anything. Geelong is a golden child (or one of their).

way to negative around here. Clarkson issue is no fault of ours. We wait and see on the results but ultimately we didn't have a crystal ball to know. the timing has not been ideal. one and I repeat one young player has asked to leave. primarily because he is home sick. if he was pick 5 we wouldn't be batting an eyelid. we will be well compensated in a trade. the fear we will get shafted is ridiculous. we have had a few bad trades CCJ (still too early to tell), and maybe a few bad contract extensions. not sure why everyone is so negative. we actually have about 20 blokes on list that can play best 22 footy which is the first time since abut 2016.

I reckon the club is eyeing two of Wadlaw/Cadman/Sheezel.

If we get back into that top 5 I think that puts Cadman back in the frame for pick 1 and then a possibility Wardlaw could actually slide. It would hinge on whether the Eagles would risk bringing a Vic kid in off an unfortunate draft year. Of course, the Eagles may look to trade back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back