Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:
Harry to come out tomorrow aggressive and hard. Run through a couple of marking contests, even if he doesn't mark them just hit them hard.

That's all I want from him. They need to be worried that H is coming if they sit in the hole. That can help get his tail up if they start to worry about him.

I can't wait...
H to kick 8. Bookmark it.

Harry to come out tomorrow aggressive and hard. Run through a couple of marking contests, even if he doesn't mark them just hit them hard.

That's all I want from him. They need to be worried that H is coming if they sit in the hole. That can help get his tail up if they start to worry about him.

I can't wait...
For a very, very big bloke, Harry really needs to use his size to intimidate more often.

Unfortunately I haven’t seen last weeks game yet but liked Kemp vs the Swans. Did he have a bad one versus Melbourne?

Regardless the ins are good and Kemp could be a good sub as he might play back or forward at a pinch.
Kemp was caught out too often last week - but it's not the first time this year. He's going to be a very good player but he's still learning down back.
Btw, find a safe space when you do get a chance to watch a replay of last week's game. As you have probably gathered - the last quarter was out of this world dramatic.

Kemp was caught out too often last week - but it's not the first time this year. He's going to be a very good player but he's still learning down back.
Btw, find a safe space when you do get a chance to watch a replay of last week's game. As you have probably gathered - the last quarter was out of this world dramatic.
yes looking forward to it, don't tell me who won

Some good points.

What gives me hope is that, other than Port final, their lead up form is nothing scintillating and no Payne could really hurt them with Harry and Charlie teaming up. Port lost a home final the next week too.

Lost to Suns away by a million (we found a way to beat them at same venue) just beat Crows at home, fell in against Freo away and beat Pies when they were a bit suss with injuries.

And Port got well beaten by GWS at their home ground the next week...seems like they were a bit banged up so quality of opposition to Brisbane is suss.

Think we are better than Port in a few areas which could be key:

- Key forwards. Lord kicked 4 goals on Andrews. Marshall got easy shots on goal but kept missing. Dixon didnt play. We have Charlie, Harry and TDK. Thry are missing Payne.

- Bigger midfield. Butters, Rozee and JHF all had pretty quiet finals series...our midfield is bigger and more experienced to physically impose ourselves at the coalface. Lions' midfield have been bullied before when Neale has been shut down.

- Key defenders. Everyone knows Port are missing a true big key defender. Danniher gave Port a touch up. He's tough to stop when on but Weitering is one of the best key defenders in the comp.

It kind of feels like 1999 all over again, being the overwhelming underdog in a Prelim Final.

I like the team changes this week, although I would have brought Kouta into the side just for the hell of it....

Cunners or Kemp should be sub imo. Players who can fill in more than a single role and give us some run....although Chugga could also fit the bill. I'd go Kemp.

I have 2 tickets for Saturday's game for sale on Level 1, row P in Bay 214 (Next to cheer squad in 213).

1 adult 1 child face value - $65 for adult, $20 for child, $5 booking fee - so $90 all up.

Please don't risk entering using a child ticket if you're an adult, I hear the GABBA is strict on this.

Prefer to meet in person to exchange funds (cash/bank transfer) and transfer tickets to you via Ticketmaster transfer function on app / mobile wallet.

I can meet today around CBD/St Kilda Rd/South Yarra area.

PM me if interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp for me the Sub, was recruited as a mid, big enough to go forward, and we know what he brings to defence; an early injury enables a reshuffle using Kemp, who's as big(ish) as Kennedy, has better hands than Cunningham, and would slot into defence, where none of the others would.

Stealthy....

received_2554923511352535-jpeg.1810233

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back