Position 2023 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

With 36 trades this year I'm really starting to warm to this Ruck Combo.
Lycett has Witts from last year written all over him average scoring history then bang jumps up by 25 PPG
He has No competition in the ruck and some young guns at his feet to hit it down to and has the Round 15 bye so perfect time to upgrade if needed.

View attachment 1593594
Contract year too :think:

You certainly were last year. But everyone's luck runs out at some point.

Are you in dis-information mode yet, or are these genuine thoughts?

I'm Absolutely considering Lycett

I'm Absolutely considering Lycett

giphy.gif

It'll vary, agreed. He'll spend some games more forward, especially when we play Cox - say, against a Grundy/Gawn combo. The SC scores are, I think, of equal relevance. His worst scores coincided with one time Cox took took more than 40% of the main ruck and twice towards the end of the year when he was so knackered he could barely lift his arms over his head. You might even remember that, it was that glaring and frustrating.
He is a year older and stronger. Here is what underpins my belief though: McCrae saw fit to let Grundy go. I think we have seen enough to already rate his footy smarts. Would you or I let BG go without having a concrete idea of what to do without him?
Would any coach worth the name base a squad around a volley ball player and 2nd forward/3rd man up HB?
Of course, the caveat is that there is no issue with a knee, because if he can't jump freely, he is a spud.
Of course, the caveat is that there is no issue with a knee, because if he can't jump freely, he is a spud.

Wait . . . what’s the story with the knee? 🦵

Wait . . . what’s the story with the knee? 🦵
There was something on the Collingwood board, posted here by a fellow traveller, quite ungiven to hyperbole normally. The post was apparently from a usually acute observer.

I have been unable to substantiate it further to date. However, if you cast your mind back to his performance from about the 3rd last round, all the way through the finals, he was notably struggling in pack mark situations to raise his arms to the contest and get any leap with any oomph.
Even his last 2 finals, where he was otherwise heroic, he couldn't impose himself the way he had prior.
Hickey exploited this perfectly in the prelim.

I put it down to plain old fatigue, given the job he had to take on when BG went down. Now I wonder...

He is in my team, natch, but if I don't see him fresh and bucking again in pre-season, there'll have to be a plan B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spent time in the ruck in 22, so what's the diff.? Someone has to give DC a chop-out. McStay will play forward or back, depending on the day and might have the occasional gallop in the ruck to change things up a bit.
Please though, continue with the slows on him; currently at 39% ownership, I'd love to see that number slide with each passing hour.

He spent time in the ruck in 22, so what's the diff.? Someone has to give DC a chop-out. McStay will play forward or back, depending on the day and might have the occasional gallop in the ruck to change things up a bit.
Please though, continue with the slows on him; currently at 39% ownership, I'd love to see that number slide with each passing hour.

If we play McStay in the ruck we are knobs. We needed KPF support for Mihocek. Why would we then throw McStay into the ruck to get beaten up by bigger bodies. It’s not a sensible risk.

McStay will not play back either IMO, we have Moore, Howe, Murphy, Frampton and Dean as support who can play on the talls.

Real, real shitshow this year. Marshall is the only one I'm confident in.

I feel silly not starting English, but anyone who has had concussions issues at that price seems like an obvious no-no.

Witts seems a safe pick, but not great value. Do Rowell and Anderson start stealing points from him?

Lycett is a good price, but his scoring history isn't great, and he's unlikely to play 22 games. Meek is more likely to play 22 games, but doesn't have the scoring history.

Draper is an exciting speculative pick, but need to see him completely boss the PS games to have faith he can increase his average by 20.

Keep coming back to Grundy whose diminished performances last year still represent better value than pretty much everyone else available, but I think I can only start him if Gawn's injury is severe.

Can't bring myself to start Darcy at his price when there will almost certainly be weeks that he plays second fiddle (same problem for Grundy in fairness, but at least there's early cash to be made if Gawn is out).

Can't decide on my second ruck, but I'm adamant that Cameron is essential as a forward is a brain-dead selection and anyone starting him should deliver themselves an uppercut every day, increasing the amount until they either drop him or the season starts - am I doing it right Dazjack?

Real, real shitshow this year. Marshall is the only one I'm confident in.

I feel silly not starting English, but anyone who has had concussions issues at that price seems like an obvious no-no.

Witts seems a safe pick, but not great value. Do Rowell and Anderson start stealing points from him?

Lycett is a good price, but his scoring history isn't great, and he's unlikely to play 22 games. Meek is more likely to play 22 games, but doesn't have the scoring history.

Draper is an exciting speculative pick, but need to see him completely boss the PS games to have faith he can increase his average by 20.

Keep coming back to Grundy whose diminished performances last year still represent better value than pretty much everyone else available, but I think I can only start him if Gawn's injury is severe.

Can't bring myself to start Darcy at his price when there will almost certainly be weeks that he plays second fiddle (same problem for Grundy in fairness, but at least there's early cash to be made if Gawn is out).

Can't decide on my second ruck, but I'm adamant that Cameron is essential as a forward is a brain-dead selection and anyone starting him should deliver themselves an uppercut every day, increasing the amount until they either drop him or the season starts - am I doing it right Dazjack?
You forgot to mention what great value Luke Jackson is, but apart from that, the manipulation is outstanding.

You forgot to mention what great value Luke Jackson is, but apart from that, the manipulation is outstanding.
The Nick Bryan suggestion on the last page...

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Not starting him is practically throwing away $50k, who needs that sexy DPP s**t kent who will be stuck behind Big Mason all year?

Jackson should get more game time now that he's away from Goodwin, and he's also in a team with Will "splinter bum" Brodie.

SSwans2011 it's working...
I'm surprised nobody is talking about CCJ or Ivan Soldo. Hearing reports Xerri and Goldstein have effectively crippled one another in a match sim, and that Big Ivan has come into the possession of some scandalous pictures of Damien Hardwick. F3s that could quite easily be R2s by the end of the year - maybe even R1s.

Jackson will play more games than Cameron and have a higher average.

Am I dOinG tHIs riTE? :drunk:
Just need to slip in an insult directed at anyone that would even consider starting DC and you've nailed it.

Just need to slip in an insult directed at anyone that would even consider starting DC and you've nailed it.

You mean 'ol mate Slapjack? He thinks DC will be #1 ruck over the big Texan.

giphy.gif

PS: Swannie when you coming back to the SC? (song contest, not supercoach)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back