List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

The greatest contested ball winner of the past several years… a walking hand grenade who could setback the rebuild for years…
Larry David Reaction GIF

I'll go out on a limb here

He either kicks 40 goals in our fwd line next year or provides mature enough a body that Larkey goes close to replicating his 2023

Agree - he's a SMART footballer rather than athletic and would be good for us in that regard re helping Larkey and others.

Clayton Oliver would be our best mid by a country mile. He’s a top 5 player in the comp when up and running.

our midfield is sub par for now and needs addition to,

At the cost of what Oliver will be it’s not worth it, dollars or draft capital. Nothing to do with personality - you end down up the Brad Scott school of choir boys
If he's top 5 in the comp, why get rid of him? Buyer beware.

I'd rather give time to Wardlaw, Thomas, LDU and whoever else we draft with the picks it would take to get him.

We all want to win, but to give up our future for a guy that clearly has some issues is not a savvy move.

The greatest contested ball winner of the past several years… a walking hand grenade who could setback the rebuild for years…
Larry David Reaction GIF

Suspect between Jy and Todd Viney we'll have the lowdown on Clarry.

Agree - he's a SMART footballer rather than athletic and would be good for us in that regard re helping Larkey and others.

And we're not making any grand finals so he can't play awfully in them

Ban him from all camping grounds in Victoria and we are laughing

This is an actual thing? FMD

Say what you will about Chol but Darling is thrice the footballer. He's kicked over 500 AFL goals. Imagine what he can teach your Sausages, your Zurhaars, your Curtiseses about body positioning and leading patterns. Oscar Allen is a great player who I suspect would have learned a shitload off Darling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you will about Chol but Darling is thrice the footballer. He's kicked over 500 AFL goals. Imagine what he can teach your Sausages, your Zurhaars, your Curtiseses about body positioning and leading patterns. Oscar Allen is a great player who I suspect would have learned a shitload off Darling

Also Brady would know him first hand, and Simmo and Clarko aren't in the business of dudding each other.

Crikey a few of you must be like lambs to the slaughter when you buy a house or car.

Oliver getting shopped is the equivalent of painting over the mould. Or winding back the odometer.

Before someone protests "but Clarko" - as much as I believe in him, this is the coach who flamed out with Scully, Garlett and Patton himself.

Clayton Oliver - do not touch.

This. He's 26 and the best contested player ever, on a seven year deal. Massive red flags if they would trade him.

I don't mind it if it helps us get Reid but also keep draft capital.
Five pages of musings on Clayton Oliver since I went to bed, but this is still the main game. Draft top end players.

The side that just missed in the finals two years in a row wants to trade out one of its key midfielders to try to get Reid, and the side coming on yet another bottom two finish should forget about trying to get Reid and give up high draft picks for that older midfielder. Doesn’t make sense.

I hope Chol nominates us, it shows that he is prepared to change his training habits as I don’t think he wants to be scolded by Clarko about being lazy.

We could have TT mentor Oliver just to ensure he settles in nicely at Arden St.

Fair Dinkum if we trade for a guy on another 6 years at a million who has serious off field issues, and hacks the ball out of stoppages like an under 12 kid.

A perfect way to completely screw up your rebuild.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Crikey a few of you must be like lambs to the slaughter when you buy a house or car.

Oliver getting shopped is the equivalent of painting over the mould. Or winding back the odometer.

Before someone protests "but Clarko" - as much as I believe in him, this is the coach who flamed out with Scully, Garlett and Patton himself.

Clayton Oliver - do not touch.
Oliver would all be about mitigating risk.
If he nominated us, I’d offer pick 2 and the demons take on half his salary or a bunch of our PP and we take on the whole salary or add the demons in on a mega deal with GCS and Eagles, they can take the Reid kid, we end up with two of the top 5 anyway and Oliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back