List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Makes me chuckle thinking about Eagles wanting 2,3 and a later F1 when we effectively had to cough up x2 number 1 picks for 2,3 and a late F1…

Chris Scott and the other clubs moaning about our priority picks can go and sit on a 10 inch c… chair, yes chair.
I think they’re right in saying we turned down something similar for JHF? So why should they? Which is fair - but I don’t know if it’s accurate because I can’t remember a team having 2,3? In saying that, JHF changed the dynamic on why a club should take these deals.

Last edited:
I would imagine he is priority 1 for the doggies to sign long term... still would be asking though
He would be but … Ive heard some things through an ex player. Wont go into details. Not going to plaster what was said. But what I will say, its not peaches and roses in Footscray.

I think they’re right in saying we turned down something similar for JHF? So why should they? Which is fair - but I don’t know if it’s accurate because I can’t remember a team having 2,3? In saying that, JHF changed the dynamic on why a club should take these deals.
Adelaide offered 3 firsts for pick 1 (Jhf) with a F2 going back

Come in peace fellas

Twomey mentioned you were looking to grab a pick in the 11/12/13 area.

Just wondering what you think would be on offer for pick 13

17 and 18 would be the educated guess for 11 so perhaps one of those and an F2. I’d imagine a club not happy with what’s there at 13 wouldn’t want to go twice later in the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAYNES TO STAY, ROOS LOOK TALL

NORTH Melbourne continues to look at short-term additions to bolster its key defensive depth, but Greater Western Sydney veteran Nick Haynes won't be joining the club during this year's Trade Period.

As reported on AFL.com.au's Inside Trading over the weekend, the Giants have been expecting to retain Haynes for the final year of his contract in 2024 despite lingering interest from rival clubs in taking on the last season of his back-ended deal.

Haynes' manager, Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports Management, has since confirmed that the 31-year-old former All-Australian has committed to seeing through his contract at the Giants next season.

cOisTLaf.jpg

Nick Haynes warms up ahead of the elimination final between GWS and St Kilda at the MCG on September 9, 2023. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos
North Melbourne had held a mild interest in Haynes and will continue to scour the key defensive market, having added to its stocks on Friday when it completed the signing of Toby Pink from SANFL side Glenelg as a mature-aged delisted free agent.

The Kangaroos are also set to ramp up discussions with free agent key defender Bigoa Nyuon from Richmond in the coming days, but have not yet offered the 22-year-old a formal contract.

Speaking to Gettable on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Friday, North Melbourne list manager Brady Rawlings said the club was open to securing a short-term fix down back following the recent departure of restricted free agent Ben McKay to Essendon.

"We have been looking in the key defensive space," Rawlings said.

DRAFT HUB Click here for the latest draft news

"We've been looking internally as well, in terms of how our own players might be able to play down back. We think, with Toby coming in and some other options, we've got enough support there.

"Having said that, we're always open to players that can help us in the short term. We're really excited by our young group and we'll add to that this year in the draft. Having lost so many experienced players … if someone could help us for the next year or two, we'd certainly look at that as well." – Riley Beveridge

Come in peace fellas ✌️

Twomey mentioned you were looking to grab a pick in the 11/12/13 area.

Just wondering what you think would be on offer for pick 13
I have no idea how Twomey came up with that notion because #13 wouldn't serve much purpose to North. Given the picks we currently hold, a swap for #15 and our pick in the 50s (our next pick after #18) is the best North could do, so that won't be of interest to the Saints.

ROOS KEEP PICK HUNTING​

NORTH Melbourne's haul of back-end first-round picks could be up for grabs as the Roos see if there are ways to continue to move up the draft board.

The Kangaroos hold picks No.2, 3, 15, 17 and 18 inside the top-20 this year, but will keep looking at ways to shift up the draft board.

Rivals are aware they would be open to looking at packaging picks from the latter part of the first round to get a higher first-round pick and holding another selection in the elite bracket of the draft.

As AFL.com.au revealed this week, the Roos put forward picks 15, 18, 21 and an end-of-first round pick in 2024 to the Eagles for the No.1 pick at the start of the trade period but West Coast wasn't tempted. List boss Brady Rawlings said North would keep looking at ways to shape its hand and still have a go for the No.1 spot.

"When you look at those picks they were all first-round picks that were on the table. Some clubs can look at getting as high as possible and getting the best talent and others might look at bringing in a number of players," Rawlings told Gettable on Trade Radio.

"We were obviously in that space thinking we could potentially get up and look at the real top-end talent and maybe a club would look at four first-rounders for that, but obviously not the case.

"We're pretty comfortable with sitting at the moment. We still have picks inside the 18 and have our future hand. We will still look to potentially manoeuvre a bit higher but if it doesn't come to fruition we’re picking at two and three and getting two really good players there as well."

Harley Reid, the player in the sights of North if they can trade into the top pick, on Friday told Gettable he was comfortable with wherever he heads – be it the Eagles or stay in Victoria, having been interviewed by West Coast at last week’s Draft Combine.

"I'm open. If [West Coast] take me at one, I'll go in a heartbeat. I'd happily go," Reid said.

"I met them at the Combine. They were great. I met a few other people who I hadn’t met before in their recruiting team which was good." – Callum Twomey

I have no idea how Twomey came up with that notion because #13 wouldn't serve much purpose to North. Given the picks we currently hold, a swap for #15 and our pick in the 50s (our next pick after #18) is the best North could do, so that won't be of interest to the Saints.
Thing is Twomey didn’t “come up with it” he’s getting his information from somewhere. I suspect there’s someone we rate around that range that won’t be there a few picks later.

HAYNES TO STAY, ROOS LOOK TALL

NORTH Melbourne continues to look at short-term additions to bolster its key defensive depth, but Greater Western Sydney veteran Nick Haynes won't be joining the club during this year's Trade Period.

As reported on AFL.com.au's Inside Trading over the weekend, the Giants have been expecting to retain Haynes for the final year of his contract in 2024 despite lingering interest from rival clubs in taking on the last season of his back-ended deal.

Haynes' manager, Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports Management, has since confirmed that the 31-year-old former All-Australian has committed to seeing through his contract at the Giants next season.

cOisTLaf.jpg

Nick Haynes warms up ahead of the elimination final between GWS and St Kilda at the MCG on September 9, 2023. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos
North Melbourne had held a mild interest in Haynes and will continue to scour the key defensive market, having added to its stocks on Friday when it completed the signing of Toby Pink from SANFL side Glenelg as a mature-aged delisted free agent.

The Kangaroos are also set to ramp up discussions with free agent key defender Bigoa Nyuon from Richmond in the coming days, but have not yet offered the 22-year-old a formal contract.

Speaking to Gettable on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio on Friday, North Melbourne list manager Brady Rawlings said the club was open to securing a short-term fix down back following the recent departure of restricted free agent Ben McKay to Essendon.

"We have been looking in the key defensive space," Rawlings said.

DRAFT HUB Click here for the latest draft news

"We've been looking internally as well, in terms of how our own players might be able to play down back. We think, with Toby coming in and some other options, we've got enough support there.

"Having said that, we're always open to players that can help us in the short term. We're really excited by our young group and we'll add to that this year in the draft. Having lost so many experienced players … if someone could help us for the next year or two, we'd certainly look at that as well." – Riley Beveridge

Haynes obviously very happy to do 4 fifths of * all for 1.2 million a year… good on him.

Option A - do * all, get a call up here n there and get 1.2 million.

Option B - go fight and earn every ball every day, again, for the same coin.

No brainer really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back