List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good news they opened another spot,

Wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t plan to utilise it.

Hopefully if is on the backline player they have had training with them.
Shyte I didnt read that article too well. Hopefully you are right and they are chasing a HBF, perhaps they want Stocker back.

Not good news they opened another spot,

Wouldn’t have done that if they didn’t plan to utilise it.

Hopefully if is on the backline player they have had training with them.

If two clubs offer a spot, i assume the player gets to choose. Bidding war?
It would be hard to turn down a team that you'd impressed while training with them, especially if you felt like you fit in.

Shyte I didnt read that article too well. Hopefully you are right and they are chasing a HBF, perhaps they want Stocker back.
Hi guys, not sure if I’m off the mark but if you were thinking of Oleg Markov…
So he’d been training with COLL, missed out on the last spot to Steene, went to CARL chasing Zac Williams’ spot but ended up back at COLL because of Dean being placed on the inactive list.

Last edited:

Hi guys, not sure if I’m off the mark but if you were thinking of Oleg Markov…
So he’d been training with COLL, missed out on the last spot to Steene, went to CARL chasing Zac Williams’ spot but ended up back at COLL because of Dean being placed on the inactive list.
I don't think we had any interest in Markov

No, I was referring to Steelesaints saying that Carlton were chasing a HBF (to replace Williams) which was the slot Markov was trying out for until Collingwood snatched him back (because he previously trained with them). Carlton ended up naming ruckman Hudson O’keefe. I guess that means they’re (CARL) short a HBF.

You haven't been listening to SEN obviously. Markov got snatched by the Pies while training at the Blues. Not a very common situation.

Would have thought Carlton have enough tall forwards .
Yes and no, they've got McKay at 200cm and Curnow who plays taller than his 193cm but I can understand why they'd look at a young, athletic type with an in-between height for depth and coverage - at present they've got Silvagni and the much taller Lemmey

Yes and no, they've got McKay at 200cm and Curnow who plays taller than his 193cm but I can understand why they'd look at a young, athletic type with an in-between height for depth and coverage - at present they've got Silvagni and the much taller Lemmey
They also have DeKoning who some suggest us a forward

If two clubs offer a spot, i assume the player gets to choose. Bidding war?
It would be hard to turn down a team that you'd impressed while training with them, especially if you felt like you fit in.
He'd be mad not to take an offer from us if it comes IMO. Much more chance of breaking into our side with where our list sits.

You haven't been listening to SEN obviously. Markov got snatched by the Pies while training at the Blues. Not a very common situation.
Markov had only one training session with the Blues, I believe, after training with the Pies for most of the preseason. The Blues also have Alex Cincotta, a running hbf from their VFL side, training with them. Hopefully that is who they will use to fill their remaining list spot!

Are Tom Dekoning & Ben McKay, overrated? as their stats don't suggest anything special. I know we need KPP's, but gotta be careful who we, spend up big on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Tom Dekoning & Ben McKay, overrated? as their stats don't suggest anything special. I know we need KPP's, but gotta be careful who we, spend up big on.
DeKoning at this stage yes. It's all about potential with him though.

McKay not. Hard to rate a full back off his stats.

DeKoning at this stage yes. It's all about potential with him though.

McKay not. Hard to rate a full back off his stats.
Agree with that

McKay is a gun and you could build your backline around him for the next 8 years

Agree with that

McKay is a gun and you could build your backline around him for the next 8 years
He's be very tough to get though unfortunately

He'd be at the stage of his career where he'd be wanting success so unless we are at least pushing for the top 4 I don't see us any chance of getting him.

I presume we have the money to offer him a good deal though

He's be very tough to get though unfortunately

He'd be at the stage of his career where he'd be wanting success so unless we are at least pushing for the top 4 I don't see us any chance of getting him.

I presume we have the money to offer him a good deal though
Agree, I think he will be hard to get but don't think we are without a chance of getting him

Also depends what North do, will Clarko strip the list back further , if they lose McKay they will maybe have pick 1 and 2 in a very good draft

Agree, I think he will be hard to get but don't think we are without a chance of getting him

Also depends what North do, will Clarko strip the list back further , if they lose McKay they will maybe have pick 1 and 2 in a very good draft
Surely North can't finish bottom again? That would be a worse run of finishes than Fitzroy before they folded.

Surely North can't finish bottom again? That would be a worse run of finishes than Fitzroy before they folded.
Between them and the Hawks IMO

Very good. I will keep an eye out for you at the next club function. Will you be wearing a shirt that is topped with a doublet, then a jerkin, perhaps then a cloak or cape? For the bottoms will it be trunk hose, particularly paned melon hose with stockings?

GG_3235_HP.jpg

Am I getting close??
I shall be wearing a massive codpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back