Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance.

Shaun is a director of ACS Indigenous - which is a subsidiary of ACS and provides employment / services in the Adelaide property management / cleaning sector.

He is focused on giving young indigenous South Australians employment opportunities.

He won’t be giving that up to work interstate.

Ky will be 18 when we draft him like other drafted players, he may choose to come to Melbourne by himself and stay with a family.

Don’t think so.

Other than his channel 7 commentary gig - he’s moved away from football from what I can gather.
He had this role as recently as last year but can’t find if he’s left it or not. Assuming he’s still there.

Ky will be 18 when we draft him like other drafted players, he may choose to come to Melbourne by himself and stay with a family.
Maybe - but the point I agreed with was the family wouldn’t move from Adelaide to Melbourne (again).

He had this role as recently as last year but can’t find if he’s left it or not. Assuming he’s still there.

He’s still there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No insight into family, just assessing circumstances known to all.
When you have a choice, the one closest to family will be the easiest to make for an 18 year old.

I love my family, I had a choice, I still moved interstate.

Just wait for a while and they will tell you themselves what they plan to do. Until then, it just doesn’t matter 🤷🏼‍♂️

This is a football forum...

Exactly, so why let it “kill” you if some kid who’s never played a game ends up elsewhere?

Sky is always falling in this joint …

Edit:

Look, you’re right, you can talk about whatever you want here. It’s just that I come here to read about how these kids are playing, instead it’s mostly just posters imaging the worst case and wallowing in that misery.

I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and keep scrolling.

Last edited:
Port have another Burgoyne to think about so no guarantee they would take him even if he wanted to go there. Alot of pressure for the kid if he goes Port.

May be better off coming to us where he will just slowly move through the systen.

Port have another Burgoyne to think about so no guarantee they would take him even if he wanted to go there. Alot of pressure for the kid if he goes Port.

May be better off coming to us where he will just slowly move through the systen.
They have 4 FS to choose from this year.

Which would have to happen anyway as he was three siblings all schooling in SA and the family are not going to uproot that for him

just hope he spent some time bonding with Chad, Jars and Amon while he was down here training with us - Also he'd have vivd memories of being in the Hawks rooms during flags

Ky coming to train with us that he's considering it. I remember with Darren Jarman's kid a few that we weren't interested but Adelaide work. Ky would have never seen his dad playing for Port but would have been 8-10 during the three peat.

A lot of it will come down to how he's rated and whether port rates him. If Port offer no guarantee but say maybe if the bid comes late, but we might say that we will certainly match offer.

There's also a chance that he does nominate 1 of the clubs as a father son but another club bids early and it isn't matched. Like we did with Essendon and Irving Mosquito.

So Cooper Hodge made AA under 15’s last year and is eligible to get drafted in 26. Life is all about timing. We are currently well underway in a rebuild and hoping our trajectory up the ladder begins ……. by 26 hopefully pushing/playing finals with a young list while Lions are heading south and Cooper eventually chooses us. Got my fingers crossed that McCabe, Dear, McGuinness will be joined by Hodge & Burgoyne for another successful period for our wonderful club. Unlike other clubs we have been dealt bad cards re father and sons ……. this would make up for it. How romantic would that be!

So Cooper Hodge made AA under 15’s last year and is eligible to get drafted in 26. Life is all about timing. We are currently well underway in a rebuild and hoping our trajectory up the ladder begins ……. by 26 hopefully pushing/playing finals with a young list while Lions are heading south and Cooper eventually chooses us. Got my fingers crossed that McCabe, Dear, McGuinness will be joined by Hodge & Burgoyne for another successful period for our wonderful club. Unlike other clubs we have been dealt bad cards re father and sons ……. this would make up for it. How romantic would that be!
Kobe Williams (2025) may also be an option. I thought I read somewhere that Percy (2027) was the better Silk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back