MRP / Trib. 2024 MRO & Tribunal discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We're 1 round into our season and just registered our first MRO report - so unfortunately it seems time to kick off this thread

Young Jhye Clark has been charged for a rough conduct/dangerous tackle against Jack Steele in the first quarter - with a grading of careless, low impact & high contact, he can take the early guilty plea & pay a fine of $2500

Nothing else came out of our game - so Messi is in the clear for throwing a shoe

1710659982713.jpeg

That is absurd. On what evidence? The video was extremely inconclusive and obviously no on field umpire saw it if they didn’t pay a free kick. Jesse Hogan punched a bloke in the face and didn’t even get a fine. What on earth?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worse thing is they'll smugly continue sailing on, immune to the criticism, because there's nothing anyone can do. A law unto itself.
I can go back in the time I've been reading this board, years before I joined, and the conversations and comments about the match reviews and they have not changed at all. It is still all about lack of consistency, and it has never improved. Whether by diabolical design or sheer incompetence, it still comes across as an absolute amateur s**t show. It's not good enough for a professional national industry.

I can go back in the time I've been reading this board, years before I joined, and the conversations and comments about the match reviews and they have not changed at all. It is still all about lack of consistency, and it has never improved. Whether by diabolical design or sheer incompetence, it still comes across as an absolute amateur s**t show. It's not good enough for a professional national industry.

Their decisions have confused everyone for years. As you said, there's been no consistency at all.

Fans are becoming increasingly bewildered and disenchanted.

Everyone knows the importance of having a defined code of conduct, and enforcing it with consistency, when applying discipline. Yet they wax and wane with their applications of the law, and have no accountability for their consistency.

For the good of the game, the AFL must improve their governance in this aspect of the game, or it will become even more farcical than it already is.

Somehow I think this from from young Brayshaw is one that most people will have no issue agreeing with.
Absolutely spot on.

This is all self inflicted by the AFL how do they put the Genie back in the bottle that has how roamed free eating at the fabric of the game for years without burning the whole joint down and rebuilding from the ashes, tinkering around the edges won't get this right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back