AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be walking around at training in training gear according to the pics (has a jacket over the top though), but Woosha didn't know anything in his presser, and the injury update is no more enlightening than that.

Should be in full training prior to round 2

Rundle also provided an update on Dyson Heppell and Joe Daniher, who were continuing their recovery from foot and groin injuries respectively.

“Dyson was slow to progress following the removal of the screws in his foot in February, due to a low-level infection which lasted several weeks. This infection has resolved, and he’s been up and running for the past four weeks. He’s in great shape and feeling good,” he said.

“He’s done an enormous amount of rehab strength work and strength work in general in preparation for his return to run. We’re not putting any timeframes on him, but we expect him to integrate into group training prior to games commencing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest the club screwed up not sending him for surgery mid last year. Thought they could get the best of both worlds, instead Heppell will likely contribute very little this season.

I’m a little on the the fence with this one. Heppell is the club captain, we had a very thin midfield and we did make finals.

Fantasia is the one that should have been whisked away to surgery. We may have even gotten him back towards the end of the year.

Lets be honest the club screwed up not sending him for surgery mid last year. Thought they could get the best of both worlds, instead Heppell will likely contribute very little this season.
I still think/hope Heppell can have a big contribution this year. He has never had a problem with his weight, and as we've seen he does everythig he can possible to play. He wouldve gone above and beyond in his rehab im guessing. Screws out, infection cleared and joining main training is good news

That doesnt mean anything when you are playing catch up to the rest of the competition, and there might not be anywhere for him to get a bit of match fitness either.

Not too worried. Assuming Heppell’s foot heals fine I’m sure he will be doing all the work required plus more to get back and will be fine having an impact.

Tbh I’m more worried about your Stringer/Mosquito types and how they’ll have handled being away from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back