AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dyson has been a wasted list spot for at least 2 years now, 24 will make it 3. I don’t care if what he said about not winning is the truth. As a paid member for the past 15+ years of absolute dog s**t football - I don’t have to hear that from one of our “leaders”

Love Hepp over his journey but he had some really embarrassing moments tonight. Needs to be providing his experience in the VFL side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thought he had a decent game. No abhorrent disposal errors. Dropped an absolute sitter that resulted in a goal but other than that, deserves to hold his place. Terrific leader back there.

Was ok when he got the ball but it is the contests he simply can't get to to impact that hurts.

Probably retains his spot as we are so thin back there.

Was pretty solid, it’s just those dropped marks, aren’t a great look, I’m sure he was far from happy about it. Maybe just needs to address it at training a bit more. Some unforced turnovers, would he feel better playing forward or up the ground to ease into the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he had a decent game. No abhorrent disposal errors. Dropped an absolute sitter that resulted in a goal but other than that, deserves to hold his place. Terrific leader back there.
Nah, he gave the ball to players right next to a swans player on a few occasions and players he was standing got a number of easy goals

It is an insult to essendon supporters that he gets a game when the game has clearly passed him by.

He was decent. Shouldn’t be playing 1s but we’re injury hit so realistically he’s the depth you play when the kids aren’t ready.

Once Ridley is back I’d imagine he goes, if not well idk.

Heppell cost us a goal with that dropped chest mark, but other than that was pretty solid all round. Was massive in the first quarter. I’ve gotta ask the posters who continue to pot him, who should have played instead of him?

Heppell cost us a goal with that dropped chest mark, but other than that was pretty solid all round. Was massive in the first quarter. I’ve gotta ask the posters who continue to pot him, who should have played instead of him?
It’s fine to criticise his performance while acknowledging he’s playing (hopefully) because we’ve got injured players

Heppells still ahead of leverde hind and Kelly for me. I think in our best team, it only has 1 of the 4 in it. Heppell is a clear whipping boy for fans but was solid tonight. If we want to throw away the season and focus on development, yeh get Robert’s or Hayes in, but neither look ready to play in our senior back 6 to me.

Heppells still ahead of leverde hind and Kelly for me. I think in our best team, it only has 1 of the 4 in it. Heppell is a clear whipping boy for fans but was solid tonight. If we want to throw away the season and focus on development, yeh get Robert’s or Hayes in, but neither look ready to play in our senior back 6 to me.

I think even Scott knows we are immediately better if we take him out of the side. I don’t think it’s a secret. He’s in for his leadership. If selection was based on form he’d have been gone years ago

Kelly I think is in our best 22 as a lockdown defender but if we have Ridley, Redman and Reid fit those other three are playing VFL.

My position has been focus on development for a few years now, I hate winning 8-12 games, I don't think it gets us where we want to be.

I know playing Heppell, Goldstein and Laverde give us a greater chance at winning over Bryan, Roberts and Hayes, I'd still rather go with youth as often as we can, my opinion anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back