AFL Player #21: Dyson Heppell aka Farnsy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not going to rip on him all year, so I'll just leave it with this.

It was selfish of him to play another season.
DD, that’s one brutal slap down.

I’m not going to rip on him all year…

Right up there with:
Don’t take this personally but…
I’m not a racist but…
Not offence but…

Don’t get me wrong all four are average, but they were all selected in Essendons best 22 for this game. Yes we have injuries, but first gamers aren’t better than those 4 at this moment. Hopefully we can filter some youngins in around a backline that contains Ridley and redman.

If we were to decide to tank, then play the young guys all together, Essendon doesn’t tank though

He was the outlet all night because the Swans refused to send a man near him. They know the following disposal is either long down the line or an inboard floating turnover.

Telling to me when he was kicking i50 at one point and waved away 2MP on the lead, and instead kicked it into Langford and 4 swans who took an easy mark resulting in a goal with untouched transition.

DD, that’s one brutal slap down.

I’m not going to rip on him all year…

Right up there with:
Don’t take this personally but…
I’m not a racist but…
Not offence but…
My main reason with that was last year I got stuck in to him quite a bit, I don't like it, I do love him as an Essendon player but he was past it 3 years ago. This year I'm not going to bang on about him

He was the outlet all night because the Swans refused to send a man near him. They know the following disposal is either long down the line or an inboard floating turnover.
Haha I noticed that too. Surely Montgomery wasn't that ordinary and there was no talent around the country that we had to keep him.

felt more like a pity signing more than anything. needs a bit more cash before he retires imo
Couldn’t we just keep him around the club in a mascot type of role or young player mentor and pay him his playing salary rather than showing the league that he’s a lock for our best 22 (and the embarrassment that goes with it?)

What does he offer defensively and offensively? Surely we could have found a competitive guy similar to Kelly with running power and size. We have enough defenders who don't defend.
He’s in the team for his manic, ruthless win-at-all costs mindset and extensive finals-winning experience to impart to the younger players, of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping Heppell would be depth playing VFL, then we had injuries or suspensions to Ridley, Reid, Redman and Kelly. Redman and Kelly hopefully both back in this week, and Roberts first VFL game was a continuation of the good form he's had, means hopefully we can look beyond Heppell.

Heppell was very far from our worst, by this thread you would think he was though.
Okay, qualify that. Who do you think was worse?

Okay, qualify that. Who do you think was worse?
good question. Lav wasn't great, although I'm not sure worse than Hep?
Really Heppell won't be in the side once some players return, so it won't be an issue for much longer. Unless our injury run continues...

I'm not really too upset we lost Massimo because he doesn't defend, which leaves us with the same issue.

Massimo had more than enough to work with and persist with IMO...we lack elite foot skills and Massimo has that

Leverde, hind, duursma, Hobbs, menzie worse, arguments could be made about Goldstein tsatas cox and McKay
Lav maybe
Hind yes
Duursma no
Hobbs no
Menzie maybe
Goldstein no
Tsatas no
Cox definitely not
McKay? I want to know what game you were watching.

So one yes, two maybes and the rest no. Definitely one of our worst. Take the Heppell glasses off. He was terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back