Player Watch #27: Marty Hore – officially returning to the Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't recall if I enjoyed watching Hore play during his previous tenure. He is seriously forgettable.

Kudos to him for making it back to the AFL.

Love how Hunt was involved in three last second victories for us. 2019 Gold Coast game above he first assists the Hore goal , then he breaks open a pack so the ball could be kicked to McDonald. 2022 Carlton game he runs and kicked it long for Pickett to steal it. 2017 West Coast game he brought the ball to ground for Tom Mcdonald to kick the winner. Legend.

Easily as mobile as Salem. Get him in, even if May/Tommo/Lever are playing. Having another interceptor down there (with good footskills) would be excellent.

(Video if you slide across)

Could be handy and costs nothing. Agree with a few that the absolute dream scenario is he boots Salem out of the team. Or at least gives him a wake up call to get back to his best.

Are the people who delisted him the same ones who have bought him back? Has his game changed since he was last on the list? Seems odd but happy for him, always liked him.
I think he was a tad unlucky to get de-listed in the first place, he just had some bad luck with injuries. I haven't followed his vfl career but my understanding is that he's been one of the best players, definitely worth a second crack. Nothing odd about the situation imo.

I think we always rated him has depth. He goes okay at AFL level and is elite in VFL. Just through injuries he was limited in games he could play. It's worth persisting with injured players to a degree, but i think both parties knew it wasn't exactly ideal to have him struggling on an AFL list. Good on him though going back to the VFL and getting himself right, now it is the time where both parties want to give it another crack.

I don't find it odd at all

In Marty Hore
Out Christian Salem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back