Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

He is just stoked.

I dunno if its cos he was drafted or he realises he ain't going to the Gold Coast.
Probably a bit of both. In a recent podcast interview, he mentioned his preference was to stay in Melbourne.

Probably a bit of both. In a recent podcast interview, he mentioned his preference was to stay in Melbourne.
He was probably expecting to hear his name in about three hours, at pick five or six. So that would have added to the buzz.

He's a smart kid by the looks of things so i reckon he'd know he has a chance to help build something fantastic here - we're a young side and I'll bet everyone will have always written us off around him. He may have too at some point. Seems like the sort of person that sort of challenge would appeal to. Not just to have a career but to help build an "era" type side. One of the dominant sides of the 2020s.

Loved that Boomer showed up at the front door and respect sentiment behind offering the number 29 but just feel that could have been done in private. What if Phillips wanted another number? As I said, love the gesture, but think it could have been a private conversation
You don't think they would've asked him first? I think they would've of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club have posted highlights in crystal clear 360p resolution.

Hot tip: Go to giantroo's channel to see the good stuff.

It's ridiculous hey.

I also still can't believe we welcomed Russell to the club in a formal announcement still with a Bulldogs shirt on.

Very amateur hour continually by the club.

27 touches, 8 tackles in a preliminary final as an underager is nice.

His elite ability to keep his feet despite physical pressure, stoppage work, quickness over his first 5 steps and defensive work is really showcased in this video.

Never loses his feet.

Lower center of gravity.

Cant wait to watch Rowell vs Phillips in 2021 when they line up on each other.

Would actually be a decent Rnd 1 fixture actually

I recall you saying something to that effect, is that fair dinkum?

Yep.

Have a look at first post in Jordan Russell thread by NMFC Official welcoming him.

Bewildering.

So if all of our mids are fit for round 1 who does Phillips come in for? Jed?

797663.jpg
797682.jpg

Kid needs to take smiling lessons from Ben Cunnington.

So if all of our mids are fit for round 1 who does Phillips come in for? Jed?

We will have to see if we can manage more than 25 players fit to play next year. Assuming everyone is fit and available you would assume the best 18 midfield would be Cunnington, LDU and Simpkin with Polec and Stevenson on the wings.

I would imagine he would start on the bench unless he has a blistering pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back