Autopsy 2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It's laughable how stupid you are. You're potting port who just lost a prelim when your team finished 13th!!
They smashed you by over 100 points you moron.

I know.

We are very average.

You guys are much better. But the worst mistake a club and supporter to make is to look at how great they looked when things worked well. It leads to overrating the list and teams look to top up when, in fact, they should build up.

You are 4 quality players from a flag. Not sure you'll get them.

Yeah?
Your comment was Hawks were all banged up and pretty much on their last legs and about to croak when really they had a weeks break and only one player out.

They were sure pretty banged up ay :rolleyes:

Thought your team was a lock for top 4 at the start of the year, that's what your board was raving about pre-season and in the preview for the Rnd 1 Port v Carlton game, that it was gonna be a Carlton domination by 80 points because apparently only Carlton are good enough to take the next step..

I feel like I'm on the Bay.

We talking about yesterdays game?

Fortunately it's history, you lost and probably should have beaten an oldish and slowish and banged up Hawks. But didn't get there.

We talking about yesterdays game?

Fortunately it's history, you lost and probably should have beaten an oldish and slowish and banged up Hawks. But didn't get there.

Please explain how the Hawks are "Oldish" "Slowish" and how they were "Banged up"?
Please explain how you come to that conclusion?

Hawks might slip, but I'm not convinced Port have enough.

Ryder would help, but I think they need a couple of real defenders.

Our only hole in the backline is that we are inexperienced. But still, off the top of my head we finished 3rd in the least amount of points conceded?

This would be our back 6:

Carlile (27)
Broadbent (24)
Trengove (23)
Pittard (23)
Jonas (23)
Hombsch (21)

And we also got Impey (19) and O'Shea (22) coming in there. For most they're at the age where they're coming about, but their best is still to come.

When you get your chance in any given year, you MUST take it..no guarantees asked or given come the next year..injuries and poor form plus game plan that relies on ' the riot act ' emotion can and usually does fall away. Well done HAWKS.

When you get your chance in any given year, you MUST take it..no guarantees asked or given come the next year..injuries and poor form plus game plan that relies on ' the riot act ' emotion can and usually does fall away. Well done HAWKS.
Agreed that you need to take your chances. But which team are you talking about?

Maybe an Academy would be a good idea?? Teach kids what the games all about.

I think the bondi billionaires and the Sydney ambassadors could come up with something a little more entertaining - show the kiddies that there is money to be made if you play afl in Sydney.....

I think the bondi billionaires and the Sydney ambassadors could come up with something a little more entertaining - show the kiddies that there is money to be made if you play afl in Sydney.....
You obviously don't live in Sydney - most people here have no idea what the game is about.

It's a long haul this one (if Eddie lets us get on with the job).

You obviously don't live in Sydney - most people here have no idea what the game is about.

Thirty odd years and counting......... Not as though they haven't had time
I don't know what the answer is but an exclusive academy isn't going to be it - very limiting

Thirty odd years and counting......... Not as though they haven't had time
I don't know what the answer is but an exclusive academy isn't going to be it - very limiting
I suggest you don't know the answer which is understandable as no one from the VFL really does.

The Northern clubs are taking the view that people generally support the code they played as a kid. So - they are trying to give kids access to the game at an advanced level.

It's a long view but if you want to be a national game, you have to be in it for the long haul.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There you go, Patrick smith tells us that buddy and in turn the swans are the hottest ticket in town - front and back of papers is buddy and more attended that game Friday night than the nrl final being played. Seems one of the bondi billionaires is doing his job, just need the ambassadors to step up and do a bit more

Nah - most people don't give a damn. The term arial ping pong is still very much in vogue up here.

In fact - that's why people like Buddy want to live here. Less of a goldfish bowl. So it works for everyone.

Please don't compare us to the crows of 2012. There is huge holes in the team that played the prelim to now.
Callinan (retired 2013)
Doughty (retired 2013)
Johncock (retired 2013)
Petrenko (most likely delisted 2014)
Porplyzia (most likely delisted 2014)
Reilly (couldn't get back into the side in 2014)
Rutten (retired 2014)
Tippett (traded)
Vince. (traded)

van Berlo (injured all 2014)
Otten (injured all 2015)

This list of players all played in that prelim. It's no wonder why they fell off the face of the world after losing 9 players from that final to also having no van Berlo this year and no Otten next.

We are young and will no doubt be up there when it matters.

Please don't compare us to the crows of 2012. There is huge holes in the team that played the prelim to now.
Callinan (retired 2013)
Doughty (retired 2013)
Johncock (retired 2013)
Petrenko (most likely delisted 2014)
Porplyzia (most likely delisted 2014)
Reilly (couldn't get back into the side in 2014)
Rutten (retired 2014)
Tippett (traded)
Vince. (traded)

van Berlo (injured all 2014)
Otten (injured all 2015)

This list of players all played in that prelim. It's no wonder why they fell off the face of the world after losing 9 players from that final to also having no van Berlo this year and no Otten next.

We are young and will no doubt be up there when it matters.
Walker injured and no draft picks.

It's laughable how stupid you are. You're potting port who just lost a prelim when your team finished 13th!!
They smashed you by over 100 points you moron.

So only North, Swans Hawks and Port supporters can have an opinion on Port?

Don't know who he is talking about but Port didn't take their chances the other night did they?
Agreed. Haven't seen anyone mention that after our wasteful first quarter, it was 17 scoring shots a piece; 13.4 to 10.7.
So it wasn't as if it was just the 3.9 first quarter cost us the game because Hawthorn didn't clearly win the rest of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back