Autopsy 2nd Prelim Final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

You won't get as many bums on seats for a grand final in Sydney..................
Nah the G is the place to be but all interstate sides should get to play there twice a year every year. It shouldn't be that hard to organise.

He said a few months ago that he still thought of himself as a coach, but I haven't seen anything recently that he's interested.

He said on radio on Friday that he already has enough on his plate and is not interested in another coaching role

You won't get as many bums on seats for a grand final in Sydney..................

SCG would be brimming over but only half the capacity of the G. ANZ has more capacity but it's a sad place. The AFL should have made it the GWS home ground. It's far enough out to be unreachable by many Swans fans

Feels like we beat Geelong again last night...

Can you guys stop living vicariously through better teams, with better supporters?

Mate, you do realise 95% of neutrals were supporting Port right? It's uncanny that you pick out the cats fans.
The most successful AFL club (cats) don't need to live vicariously through anyone. Surely you're having a laugh?
We all just wanted a fair result and umpires not to help you like the2012 PF and to see a more exciting team then Hawthorn in it.
Port are a much better team to watch.

Mate, you do realise 95% of neutrals were supporting Port right? It's uncanny that you pick out the cats fans.
The most successful AFL club (cats) don't need to live vicariously through anyone. Surely you're having a laugh?
We all just wanted a fair result and umpires not to help you like the2012 PF and to see a more exciting team then Hawthorn in it.

95% of neutrals were supporting port because they are tired of the Geelong, hawk, Sydney wankfest.

Please don't try and sell it as being because of a boring game style from the hawks. He singled out cats supporters because you flock to hawk threads like flies on a rotting carcass (and yes, it goes both ways)

Neutral supporters wanted a port v north grand final

The afl got the buddy v hawks one and are salivating at the prospect. According to neutrals the 2012 grand final rates up there as one of the best so the "boring" game plans just doesn't wash

95% of neutrals were supporting port because they are tired of the Geelong, hawk, Sydney wankfest.

Please don't try and sell it as being because of a boring game style from the hawks. He singled out cats supporters because you flock to hawk threads like flies on a rotting carcass (and yes, it goes both ways)

Neutral supporters wanted a port v north grand final

The afl got the buddy v hawks one and are salivating at the prospect. According to neutrals the 2012 grand final rates up there as one of the best so the "boring" game plans just doesn't wash

I didn't say you were boring, all i said was Port are a much better team to watch.

Great effort by both teams. As a complete neutral to this game as i don't mind either team umpires did not rob Port of it. They also received several dubious frees in the last quarter one being monfries directly in front of goal which started their run.
In regard to the last free hodge was clearly being held without it prior to the HTB. I think that was a make up free for the one that should of been.
Overall great game by Port and unlucky to not steal it in the end. They are now set for a big year next year. Also congrats to the hawks. Now take care of the AFL lovechild.

Hawks might slip, but I'm not convinced Port have enough.

Ryder would help, but I think they need a couple of real defenders.

Like Carlton?

When Jonas is your 3rd stringer you are doing well.

Hawks might slip, but I'm not convinced Port have enough.

Ryder would help, but I think they need a couple of real defenders.

Like Carlton?

When Jonas is your 3rd stringer you are doing well.

I don't know where we will finish. Somewhere around the 8-12 maybe.

But you guys have some holes, that's why you finished 5th.

Hawks were banged up yesterday and you couldn't get the job done.
You are embarrassing yourself.

103pts is getting in the way of your opinions.

We came from Perth and almost rolled a team with a week off. Well be top 4 for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally disagree. They had the week off and we came back from Perth playing one of the toughest (physically) teams in the league in Freo. They had only 1 player out in Cyril Rioli but had the home ground advantage. Brad Sewell was available but dropped due to being a liability to Port's running power.
We definitely blew our chances though.

Hawthorn had no excuses going into that game. They were the overwhelming favourites against a traveling Port team who visited Freo in Perth 2 of the last 3 weeks.

I totally disagree. They had the week off and we came back from Perth playing one of the toughest (physically) teams in the league in Freo. They had only 1 player out in Cyril Rioli but had the home ground advantage. Brad Sewell was available but dropped due to being a liability to Port's running power.
We definitely blew our chances though.

Hawthorn had no excuses going into that game. They were the overwhelming favourites against a traveling Port team who visited Freo in Perth 2 of the last 3 weeks.
..........and they won.

What's your point?

Why can't people just appreciate a good game of footy? Yes, I wanted Port Adelaide to get up, yes the umpiring for the whole game was average but focussing on it is just ridiculous. There are so many things that happen in a game of footy that determine the result that it is nuts to throw it all at the umps. Each team had opportunities to lock this game away and neither could do it. Also all the crap about the AFL getting want it wants is ridiculous, each team who is there fully deserves to be there based on the seasons they have played. Stating it is a 'set up' by the AFL is just crazy. I don't see any rules being broken a'la Essendon. People keep saying football isn't what it used to be, but that was pretty awesome stuff last night, end to end, physical fast running football, enjoy it for what it was.

Of course 95% of neutrals were supporting Port. I would have been if it had been ny other team.

I'm talking about the much smaller percentage of absolute embittered irrational whining flogs who pretended that umpiring in any way favoured Hawthorn in that last quarter - but there was this percentage of embittered irrational whining flogs and, funnily enough, almost all of them are GEELONG supporters.

Just a sad sad ending to a great era...

I don't know where we will finish. Somewhere around the 8-12 maybe.

But you guys have some holes, that's why you finished 5th.

They finished 3rd.
Hawks banged up? They had a week off, port travelled to Perth then to Melbourne.

Why can't people just appreciate a good game of footy? Yes, I wanted Port Adelaide to get up, yes the umpiring for the whole game was average but focussing on it is just ridiculous. There are so many things that happen in a game of footy that determine the result that it is nuts to throw it all at the umps. Each team had opportunities to lock this game away and neither could do it. Also all the crap about the AFL getting want it wants is ridiculous, each team who is there fully deserves to be there based on the seasons they have played. Stating it is a 'set up' by the AFL is just crazy. I don't see any rules being broken a'la Essendon. People keep saying football isn't what it used to be, but that was pretty awesome stuff last night, end to end, physical fast running football, enjoy it for what it was.

Believing that umpires are flawed individuals refereeing a complex game under high-intensity conditions without any wilful or organised bias undermines the entire premise of BF.

Hey d**khead, run along, you are embarrassing yourself

.................you finished 5th and there is a reason for that. Even with the Portress, you couldn't win enough games to get it done.

Just think you won't surprise anyone next year and you have some holes in that side.

You only win when you can attack all out, not sure you'll have the luxury as often next year.

.................you finished 5th and there is a reason for that. Even with the Portress, you couldn't win enough games to get it done.

Just think you won't surprise anyone next year and you have some holes in that side.

You only win when you can attack all out, not sure you'll have the luxury as often next year.

It's laughable how stupid you are. You're potting port who just lost a prelim when your team finished 13th!!
They smashed you by over 100 points you moron.

......and lost.
Yeah?
Your comment was Hawks were all banged up and pretty much on their last legs and about to croak when really they had a weeks break and only one player out.

They were sure pretty banged up ay :rolleyes:

Thought your team was a lock for top 4 at the start of the year, that's what your board was raving about pre-season and in the preview for the Rnd 1 Port v Carlton game, that it was gonna be a Carlton domination by 80 points because apparently only Carlton are good enough to take the next step..

I feel like I'm on the Bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back