AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

When Dan Richardson mentioned he had gone into the game with a tight hammy I thought to myself what an odd risk to take. There is, of course, a chance that the tendon injury is not related to the tightness but if it is you really have to ask serious questions about the decision to play.

Another wasted season coming up. I have real doubts on him realising his full potential. You can not keep getting injuries year after year. Looks like he may be in the "what could have been file " :(

Hands up who thought Hurley was gone for 10 weeks.

Hands up who’d have done a Faustian deal to swap these 2 when he went off holding his wrist.

It’s a small consolation...
I wouldn’t, Laverde is the last person on our list I’d want an injury for considering his luck and lack of chances to establish himself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No gif could satisfactorily convey my extreme disappointment at this news. This has not happened before.

Is this close?

q9vkm5c.jpg

No Lav until mid season now. No Francis until perhaps the last 10 games & that’s a big IF.

Guys like Clarke, Guelfi & Redman & Houlihan will be given a go if they can keep it to together and perform.

I don't even care if the two are connected, and surely they more than likely are, ....why would you play someone in an intraclub practice match who that very week, has complained of hamstring tightness.

I would genuinely like to hear the club explain this.

I wouldn’t, Laverde is the last person on our list I’d want an injury for considering his luck and lack of chances to establish himself
Really?? We’re talking Hurley here. We’re talking Hurley wrists - the fragile suspect scaphoidy things that could be his career kryptonite. I get that we need to develop Lav and times a tickin’ but there’s no way I’d trade you a Lav tendon for a Hurley wristy... or would I?...

Really?? We’re talking Hurley here. We’re talking Hurley wrists - the fragile suspect scaphoidy things that could be his career kryptonite. I get that we need to develop Lav and times a tickin’ but there’s no way I’d trade you a Lav tendon for a Hurley wristy... or would I?...
I’m thinking more of the human element more than how important they are to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back