Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

YOU ARE A BSA THAT'S WHY. Your BS just supports my case as it's nonsense as you're comparing BBMF to every other position. You are in denial and are just showing the type of BS you dredge up to survive. I'M NOT GLOATING DH AS I'M STATING FACTS. Get back on the Mate"

Ok it is just big bodied midfielders that are prone to constant running related injuries....so players like Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Cripps, Parker and plenty of others don't exist in your theory? Or how do you account for them?

Ok it is just big bodied midfielders that are prone to constant running related injuries....so players like Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Cripps, Parker and plenty of others don't exist in your theory? Or how do you account for them?
changing your story again are you? Go back to start. lol. Again those guys are not slow compared to the two mentioned. Pendlebury, Cripps and Danger lol you're in self destruction mode.

Unrestricted free agent. Think it's in his best interest to leave if he's offered any half decent deal by another club. He'll just be a list clogger for us. Can see a Hawthorn, Norf, West Coast, maybe even Crows offering him a deal.
yep unfortunately hes a textbook list clogger, will get games over kids just for his mature physique and running power but his ceiling is a b grade tackling machine. Need to see if we've got better.

yep unfortunately hes a textbook list clogger, will get games over kids just for his mature physique and running power but his ceiling is a b grade tackling machine. Need to see if we've got bette
Played injured and underdone for many years now ... would benefit from a month in the VFL to find the football ... and the club would benefit from giving future talent some continuity to find their feet at the level ... wonder if we will have the patience as the losses add up

If he comes back in it should only be at the expense of another tractor or Kmac or Pickett or even Grimes. You can bet your bottom dollar he’ll walk straight into the team and probably get injured straight away with his track record. The club needs him playing though bc we need to offload him for a good trade otherwise we won’t even get his draft pick back for him which was over 50 iirc

If he comes back in it should only be at the expense of another tractor or Kmac or Pickett or even Grimes. You can bet your bottom dollar he’ll walk straight into the team and probably get injured straight away with his track record. The club needs him playing though bc we need to offload him for a good trade otherwise we won’t even get his draft pick back for him which was over 50 iirc
We won't get any value for him, if he plays well the club will think we need to keep him, if he plays crap then we won't get trade value for him.

I think fits in at most clubs contending, Carlton would be a good fit.
I know they went after him when he was out of contract.

If offered a 3y deal we would , with him and broad likely outski it’s little wonder bakes is questioning his future they’re all mates holiday together
I'm not concerned losing players like i used to be, as long as we keep the age balance respectable with our list.

I'm not concerned losing players like i used to be, as long as we keep the age balance respectable with our list.
And genuine guns , good role players that are cheap and future players
My major list of survivors are
Balta, Bolton, DanR, KMac2, Ross, Sonsie, Brown , Clarke, Gibcus , Miller, Young ,Nakkers

All the rest i couldn’t care less if they moved on and got us something in return. We aren’t winning a premiership we should be building for our next one. A lot of the guys like Lynch and Dusty won’t be there for it so if they want to go and we can get something for them we should grab it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the last day of February:-

Jack Graham Injury history

2017 preseason - hamstring tendinitis
2017 - ankle fracture
2018 - dislocated shoulder
2019 - hamstring
2019 - dislocated shoulder.
2021 - Toe injury
2022 - Hamstring
2023 - Toe injury
2024 preseason. - Quad.

What do people expect will happen from here? It's not hard to predict.

And genuine guns , good role players that are cheap and future players
My major list of survivors are
Balta, Bolton, DanR, KMac2, Ross, Sonsie, Brown , Clarke, Gibcus , Miller, Young ,Nakkers

All the rest i couldn’t care less if they moved on and got us something in return. We aren’t winning a premiership we should be building for our next one. A lot of the guys like Lynch and Dusty won’t be there for it so if they want to go and we can get something for them we should grab it.
If we had someone like cadman in the wings I would t mind losing lynch , we haven’t so our f50 would be custard without him , won’t do our development any good

RICHMOND midfielder Jack Graham is prepared to wait through the season before kickstarting talks on his next contract, as the club's dual premiership player weighs up his free agency decision.

The South Australian, who won flags at the Tigers in 2017 and 2020, has missed the start of the season with a quad injury but remains one of the League's most high-profile free agents this year.

Graham toured Port Adelaide's facilities when he was still under contract with Richmond back in October 2022, but opted to remain at Punt Road and then hit a trigger in his deal early last season that took him through to free agency.

But with the Tigers expected to undergo a transition in their list profile under new coach Adem Yze, both the player and the club have agreed to hold off talks over his next contract until later in the campaign.

"He's a quality player and at the moment, we're just going to see how it all unfolds," Graham's manager Marty Pask from Kapital Sports Group told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable last week.

"Richmond's in an interesting position, with the list and where they're at. They've got a couple of older guys and they're starting to play some youth as well.

"We've obviously met and agreed just to take a breath and look at how the season starts for everybody, then we'll kick the tyres a little bit more on that in the next little while."

Despite the decision to delay talks around Graham's future into the season, Pask said there remained an understanding from both parties regarding his situation.

"It's the preparedness now for club and player to actually not panic and just say, 'Hey it is your free agency year so how do we attack this and what does it look like?'" Pask said.

"I've done deals with [Richmond list manager] Blair Hartley for a very long time, so there's certainly nothing there that's untoward or anything that should surprise anyone, other than we're looking at this as his free agency year.

"Where is Richmond at? What do they want to do? And what does Jack Graham want to do and where is he at? Both parties talk through that." – Riley Beveridge

RICHMOND midfielder Jack Graham is prepared to wait through the season before kickstarting talks on his next contract, as the club's dual premiership player weighs up his free agency decision.

The South Australian, who won flags at the Tigers in 2017 and 2020, has missed the start of the season with a quad injury but remains one of the League's most high-profile free agents this year.

Graham toured Port Adelaide's facilities when he was still under contract with Richmond back in October 2022, but opted to remain at Punt Road and then hit a trigger in his deal early last season that took him through to free agency.

But with the Tigers expected to undergo a transition in their list profile under new coach Adem Yze, both the player and the club have agreed to hold off talks over his next contract until later in the campaign.

"He's a quality player and at the moment, we're just going to see how it all unfolds," Graham's manager Marty Pask from Kapital Sports Group told AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable last week.

"Richmond's in an interesting position, with the list and where they're at. They've got a couple of older guys and they're starting to play some youth as well.

"We've obviously met and agreed just to take a breath and look at how the season starts for everybody, then we'll kick the tyres a little bit more on that in the next little while."

Despite the decision to delay talks around Graham's future into the season, Pask said there remained an understanding from both parties regarding his situation.

"It's the preparedness now for club and player to actually not panic and just say, 'Hey it is your free agency year so how do we attack this and what does it look like?'" Pask said.

"I've done deals with [Richmond list manager] Blair Hartley for a very long time, so there's certainly nothing there that's untoward or anything that should surprise anyone, other than we're looking at this as his free agency year.

"Where is Richmond at? What do they want to do? And what does Jack Graham want to do and where is he at? Both parties talk through that." – Riley Beveridge

That reads to me as gone.

if we got a pick in the top 35 I’d be happy.

Love JGTI for what he’s done but he’s easily replaceable and imo Jack Ross is a better footballer.

If we can get a 2nd rounder for him then take it and faaaaaarken bolt
Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Heard Matt Lloyd say Essenddon are desperate for a big bodied mid. Hopefully he gets a inflated contract. A 2nd round compo would be great. Fact is he's gonna be looking for his big contract. He'd be on more than Sonsie, Ross and Mcauliffe combined. His leaving is best for both parties, give the kids some continuity in the seasons. Graham's ceiling never really stuck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back