Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He got absolutely carved up yesterday. Some of the footage trailing his direct opponent was really tough to watch. I don't know where we can play him otherwise.

He seems like a great person and what not, which makes it hard. I want him to be successful.
It is now the typical JGTI game where he needs to be given the ball bc he's so slow he struggles to win his own ball. He's basically a shorter Jason Dunstall trying to play in the MF or HFL. It ain't going to work in the fast modern game and even against bottom four sides. His only asset is if it actually rains during a game as the game with slippery and heavy conditions comes back to his level.

KB has an excellent saying.... You can't lay tackles when your the one with the ball. Taranto has exposed Jack Graham by being equally as good a tackler, whilst getting his hands on the pill also. Don't get me started on Graham's failures as a clearance player. He never steps up when the mid leaders are out and it's up to him. I hope the AFL don't mess with the FA compensation too much because he'll definitely have suitors and probably a desperate one like the Bomber's who will overpay to fill a void. He was pick 53, I'd gladly take that as compo however it would be nice to finish down the bottom and get an end of second round pick for him..... pick 20, 21,22???? Can add his salary cap to the new warchest.

KB has an excellent saying.... You can't lay tackles when your the one with the ball. Taranto has exposed Jack Graham by being equally as good a tackler, whilst getting his hands on the pill also. Don't get me started on Graham's failures as a clearance player. He never steps up when the mid leaders are out and it's up to him. I hope the AFL don't mess with the FA compensation too much because he'll definitely have suitors and probably a desperate one like the Bomber's who will overpay to fill a void. He was pick 53, I'd gladly take that as compo however it would be nice to finish down the bottom and get an end of second round pick for him..... pick 20, 21,22???? Can add his salary cap to the new warchest.
No way we will get a 20-22??? He’s injury prone , slow and becoming obvious to the footy world he’s limited. I hope you’re right though, but I can’t see it mate.

Must trade in my opinion. Offers us absolutely no point of difference.

When I saw him with his back to the contest at some point in the second half yesterday trying to get an easy touch out the back when he could have impacted the contest if he remained engaged I washed my hands of him.

Last edited:
No way we will get a 20-22??? He’s injury prone , slow and becoming obvious to the footy world he’s limited. I hope you’re right though, but I can’t see it mate.

It'll depend on our final ladder position. I'm now convinced we're bottom 3. There's desperate clubs out there with coaches who's careers on the line who's vested interest are immediate improvement. He's useless to Port as they Have SPP and Wines. Adelaide have less midfield depth and Will always remember the 2017 GF. Essendon are desperate for a big bodied mid to complement their squibs. There'll be other suitors come out of the woodwork because of retirements, injuries or player movements.

He's a FA so he's not gonna cost a club a draft pick. We all saw the Crows get pick 19 for Doedee and Saints got 21 for Gresham. He's comparable to them. Clubs are smart they basically tell the AFL the contract offer and if compo is juicey they don't match. It'll be after our 2nd round Pick. Hard to see him not getting in the top 30% of his new club.

The bands are as follows:

- Top five per cent = first-round pick

- Top 15 per cent = end-of-first-round pick

- Top 30 per cent = second-round pick

- Top 50 per cent = end-of-second-round pick

Who knows if we finish last could be pick 19??? Obviously F/S like Ashcroft, Welsh and Camporeale will effect the order and who knows what the Northern Academy kids look like.

It'll depend on our final ladder position. I'm now convinced we're bottom 3. There's desperate clubs out there with coaches who's careers on the line who's vested interest are immediate improvement. He's useless to Port as they Have SPP and Wines. Adelaide have less midfield depth and Will always remember the 2017 GF. Essendon are desperate for a big bodied mid to complement their squibs. There'll be other suitors come out of the woodwork because of retirements, injuries or player movements.

He's a FA so he's not gonna cost a club a draft pick. We all saw the Crows get pick 19 for Doedee and Saints got 21 for Gresham. He's comparable to them. Clubs are smart they basically tell the AFL the contract offer and if compo is juicey they don't match. It'll be after our 2nd round Pick. Hard to see him not getting in the top 30% of his new club.

Who knows if we finish last could be pick 19??? Obviously F/S like Ashcroft, Welsh and Camporeale will effect the order and who knows what the Northern Academy kids look like.
Didn’t realise it was so generous with the bands. Yeah we could even finish wooden spooners after yesterday as it was awful viewing especially how poor our senior players were invested. JGTI could be worth his actual weight in gold by the end of all this.

It'd be amazing if we got that good a compo. Clubs usually do try to look after one another. The AFL tries to screw us over. Another top 25 pick would be an amazing haul.

I don’t think any club will take him and if they do it will be for three 50kg of potatoes as he’s Fxxking useless and embarrassing. Yze is a fool relying on Kmac, Grimes, JGTI and Pickett. We’ve seen that the kids can perform better. Even HRS has stepped up and gone passed this tractor.

Last edited:
I don’t think any club will take him and if they do it will be for three 50kg of potatoes as he’s Fxxking useless and embarrassing. Yze is a fool relying on Kmac, Grimes, JGTI and Pickett. We’ve seen that the kids can perform better. Even HRS has stepped up and gotne passed this tractor.
Three 50kg bags? I’m interested.

About the potatoes, are they washed? Is there room to negotiate for sweet potatoes?

HRS showed that we should be playing these kids in their natural position and see if they can give us something.

I’d like to see Sonsie get some time in the middle too.

Three 50kg bags? I’m interested.

About the potatoes, are they washed? Is there room to negotiate for sweet potatoes?

HRS showed that we should be playing these kids in their natural position and see if they can give us something.

I’d like to see Sonsie get some time in the middle too.
I just estimate his body weight as we don’t know how heavy players are anymore due to PC. 😂
Nope you get the cheapest and unwashed spuds out as that’s all he’s worth. 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to fatten him up for trade. We will get overs as he will be seen as a great leader and role player in a flag contender. He’s a list clogger for the Tigers. He’s no value in a rebuilding team. The very definition of a vanilla footballer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well atleast he is a free agent and clubs will consider it a free hit with only $$$ required
I don't think any club will go for him as he's too slow for the modern game. If they do it will be mini dollars at best, so we then just basically will need to accept a third rounder for him bc he will fall in the bottom 50% of salary earners. We shouldn't even offer him a contract in reality bc he's now stealing a living he's that woeful.

Unfortunately you cannot carry a JG unless you are PA, easiest decision ever to offload him to them. He is just too damn slow.
Why'd ya get banned

I don't think any club will go for him as he's too slow for the modern game. If they do it will be mini dollars at best, so we then just basically will need to accept a third rounder for him bc he will fall in the bottom 50% of salary earners. We shouldn't even offer him a contract in reality bc he's now stealing a living he's that woeful.

Would be a good get for Tassie, plying his trade on rain-affected ground like a 48-rater stayer running over 2800m at Warrnambool in July.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back