Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

FMD another one, but i wouldn't have expected anymore from you. lol
yet not one poster has agreed with you thus far. Interesting, we must all be wrong, but not "old no facts TI"

I think he he is trolling me, its the only explanation.

Haha TI, who knew he was so funny. Well played I say.

I have never seen someone when he has backed himself hard into a corner that is so good at finding space to back himself further into that same corner. It is a gift. :)

I have never seen someone when he has backed himself into a corner that is so good at finding space to back himself further into that same corner. It is a gift. :)
Slower than JG at getting out of trouble is old no facts

Again, no argument, but the so called fact in question is, "slowest player in the AFL for his size"

At the end of the day does it have to be accurate if he is "the" slowest? If he is in the conversation and you can't decipher if he is or isn't - the end result is the same thing....

to quote Full Metal Jacket, he plays football like old people *.....he's too slow!

yet not one poster has agreed with you thus far. Interesting, we must all be wrong, but not "old no facts TI"
And who's agreeing with you ? The local fanboys. I'd be ashamed having them agreeing with me. lol
One poster has entered the scene and still doesn't understand initial acceleration to reach maximum speed over a given distance so of course you will attract admirers of your ilk. lol

It's pretty obvious Graham is fast when up and running, he is a great gut runner as he can do it all day. Fact, because he has done it all his career.

Right now we have no midfielders with any bulk, so Graham should be playing in the guts. But he can't because he can't get to the ball fast enough over short distances, change direction or get his hands on the ball first in pack situations. Fact, because he has been doing it all his career, hence he has never been a full time mid.

It's not even up for conjecture because you just have to watch him play.

At the end of the day does it have to be accurate if he is "the" slowest? If he is in the conversation and you can't decipher if he is or isn't - the end result is the same thing....

to quote Full Metal Jacket, he plays football like old people *.....he's too slow!
well yeah, when posters pass of outlandish opinions as facts.

And who's agreeing with you ? The local fanboys. I'd be ashamed having them agreeing with me. lol
One poster has entered the scene and still doesn't understand initial acceleration to reach maximum speed over a given distance so of course you will attract admirers of your ilk. lol
still no actual facts or evidence :grimacing: ergh

well yeah, when posters pass of outlandish opinions as facts.

What facts do you want though?

As a footballer, be it the eye test or the analytics, he has been well below average since 2020.

This is a guy the club once spruicked as a future captain. What has he "improved" in the last 5 years? what strings has he added to his game in that time? Has his speed improved? or his endurance? his skills? anything?

When people talk about the "lack of leadership" in the group, its this guy who needs to take the biggest hit on that. When was the last time you really saw him put his body on the line like we saw in that prelim in 2019? Or be able to drop forward like he did in 2017 GF?

I thought we should have traded him 2 years ago as i think he is the type of player that can step up in big moments & as a club, our moment for "big moments" is beyond us. I still think the same

What facts do you want though?

As a footballer, be it the eye test or the analytics, he has been well below average since 2020.

This is a guy the club once spruicked as a future captain. What has he "improved" in the last 5 years? what strings has he added to his game in that time? Has his speed improved? or his endurance? his skills? anything?

When people talk about the "lack of leadership" in the group, its this guy who needs to take the biggest hit on that. When was the last time you really saw him put his body on the line like we saw in that prelim in 2019? Or be able to drop forward like he did in 2017 GF?

I thought we should have traded him 2 years ago as i think he is the type of player that can step up in big moments & as a club, our moment for "big moments" is beyond us. I still think the same
That's all great and I have no idea what your point is, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's all great and I have no idea what your point is, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

Yes it does. You are saying him being the slowest player in the league has "no proof"

My point is - where is yours? Why are you sitting around defending a guy who has been a massive disappointment - where is any of your proof back? why is it always on everyone else to provide than and never yourself, or others that like to lean on wishy washy bullshit comments?

have some balls mate. its a forum. Its here to voice opinions. Someone said he was the slowest mid in the league and you want proof?? GTFOuttahere

So apparently Grahams speed only comes when he is chasing tail, yet he has ranked 4th(8.9km/h) & 5th (9.3km/h) for average speed in attack over the last 2 games. That is when we've got the ball and are on the offensive. Across the entire game over the last 3 games Graham has averaged 9.6km/h (Saints) 9.1km/h (WCE) & 9.6km/h (Dees). That is what Grahams strength is, he is an aerobic beast who covers the ground well and can do it at a decent speed across 4 quarters. Graham has never been a bloke who flies out of the blocks, so it's quite weird to see people complaining about Graham being slow.

Who have you been watching the last 7 seasons to seemingly only now realize that he isn't quick?

So apparently Grahams speed only comes when he is chasing tail, yet he has ranked 4th(8.9km/h) & 5th (9.3km/h) for average speed in attack over the last 2 games. That is when we've got the ball and are on the offensive. Across the entire game over the last 3 games Graham has averaged 9.6km/h (Saints) 9.1km/h (WCE) & 9.6km/h (Dees). That is what Grahams strength is, he is an aerobic beast who covers the ground well and can do it at a decent speed across 4 quarters. Graham has never been a bloke who flies out of the blocks, so it's quite weird to see people complaining about Graham being slow.

Who have you been watching the last 7 seasons to seemingly only now realize that he isn't quick?
So he’s a s**t footballer and s**t marathon runner. Thanks for the statistical evidence. 😜
Read your post carefully and see if you can identify the flaws in it bc they’re pretty obvious.

Last edited:
I have to say the transition from him being the slowest in the AFL to then shifting speed to mean his out of the blocks acceleration and suggesting that’s what speed means was peak bigfooty
You misunderstood like the others. It’s acceleration to reach maximum speed .
MRJ may have a slightly lesser maximum speed than JGTI , but his acceleration to get to his maximum speed is greater and therefore can get to more contests or break away from them. Whereas the Walrus has a slower acceleration and therefore takes longer to reach his maximum speed and spends most of the game chasing players. So who is actually faster in the end ?
Is it The half arsed slightly faster footballer/ Marathon runner or the slightly slower one who can stop or create play on the football field? Football in the midfield which is JGTI so called premier position has greatly become about accelerating rapidly from a position whether stationary or not at greater rate than your opponent. It’s not about taking a large amount of time to reach your peak speed and jogging half marathons bc in the end you need to be either first to the ball so you can set up plays or in least time possible to counteract a contest if they have the ball.
It’s not Rocket Science and the reality is the eyes can identify this phenomena to the simple observer.

You misunderstood like the others. It’s acceleration to reach maximum speed .
MRJ may have a slightly lesser maximum speed than JGTI , but his acceleration to get to his maximum speed is greater and therefore can get to more contests or break away from them. Whereas the Walrus has a slower acceleration and therefore takes longer to reach his maximum speed and spends most of the game chasing players. So who is actually faster in the end ?
Is it The half arsed slightly faster footballer/ Marathon runner or the slightly slower one who can stop or create play on the football field? Football in the midfield which is JGTI so called premier position has greatly become about accelerating rapidly from a position whether stationary or not at greater rate than your opponent. It’s not about taking a large amount of time to reach your peak speed and jogging half marathons bc in the end you need to be either first to the ball so you can set up plays or in least time possible to counteract a contest if they have the ball.
It’s not Rocket Science and the reality is the eyes can identify this phenomena to the simple observer.
Sure but let’s be clear, it’s blindingly obvious that ‘speed’ only became that once there was obvious proof that he actually runs faster than most other players (which you would clearly also class as speed)

Sure but let’s be clear, it’s blindingly obvious that ‘speed’ only became that once there was obvious proof that he actually runs faster than most other players (which you would clearly also class as speed)
He chases faster is the problem bc he’s second to the ball for all the reasons I stated. Having a greater maximum speed is useless if you’re slow out of the blocks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back