Preview AAMI Community Series vs Geelong, Metricon Stadium, Monday, March 8, 6:40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

THOMPSON!! Wow.

Is our game plan to just hold the ball out of reach of Geelong?

Ballard, Collins, Thompson, Graham, Chol, Casboult, Witts, Moyle

8 KPPs + Luko

I assume we will just swap one lot for the other at half time with that many.

No Sharp, Oleg or Corbett

Some strange selections? Corbett and Markov as Emergencies but Casboult and Graham selected. Macpherson and Atkins (both hardly sighted last week) still in, but no Sharp or Farrar?

Some strange selections? Corbett and Markov as Emergencies but Casboult and Graham selected. Macpherson and Atkins (both hardly sighted last week) still in, but no Sharp or Farrar?
Hopefully it's just the Coaches giving some players a final chance in various positions.

Sharp not even being EMG suggests he's injured. That or he did plenty last week and we don't want to risk him in the wet slog tomorrow.

Very excited to have Rory back in! I suspect he'll play second half with someone like Collins coming off at half-time.

It looks like we might be considering triple talls at either/both ends this year perhaps? and giving a few guys a go so they are ready to step in when needed.

Looks like Luko isn’t considered a genuine CHF yet and Levi will just be a direct King replacement.

Graham/Collins with Ballard finally playing third, going by Geelongs triple towers, will be interesting as well. Graham/Thompson FB with a wall of Collins and Ballard will be hard to pass, but what impact does that have on our rebound? (No leggie). Excited to see Rory get some minutes!

Love it how Charlie Constable is a 'notable absentee' but Jeremy Sharp isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rory makes it back to play good regular football it will be one of the great football redemption stories of all time but no doubt will go unnoticed by the Melbourne media
Particularly special for us considering he was one of the first guys to sign for our club (November 2008), played games for us in all our inaugural TAC Cup/VFL/AFL seasons, local junior, son of a Southport legend (Brett Thompson), Helensvale High graduate etc etc.

It's been a looooong journey for Rory and I can only imagine what it'd be like for him to walk around the club these days considering he was with us back when we literally had nothing. He's the one guy still at the club that's been with us from the very start ❤️ 💛 💙

In recognition of Rory's long awaited return, here are two pictures almost 15 years apart (2022 <-> 2008):

1e4KGfc.jpg
zFC9NNi.jpg

Big Red Machine Rory named for the Geelong game.
I'm just going to give you a minute and some Kleenex.
South East Queensland copped a monsoon and that wasn't even the biggest mess that's been made this week.

😍

Just get through this in one piece big guy, that's all I ask

Really hope Rory gets through this game and goes on to have a great year. He deserves it after the hard road he has had to travel. Good luck Big Red

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Best of luck and hope you can avoid injuries ....
Bang on mate, Let's just get to Round 1 in one piece

No mention of Hollands for tonight’s game anyone know if he’s carrying a niggle or just out of favour with Dew?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Might just not fit into the Pre-Season plans, Could be that we're putting him in the VFL practice matches for extra confidence...

Without being inside the club we can only speculate

What are we expecting from Luko tonight? I'm guessing Jake Kolodjashij will likely play on him for most of the night and Blicavs will take Chol/Casboult.

Can we expect some goals from Luko or will he play higher up the ground in more of a linking role to kick the ball lace out for Chol or Casboult? Dew will probably want to see both if we're being honest.

What are we expecting from Luko tonight? I'm guessing Jake Kolodjashij will likely play on him for most of the night and Blicavs will take Chol/Casboult.

Can we expect some goals from Luko or will he play higher up the ground in more of a linking role to kick the ball lace out for Chol or Casboult? Dew will probably want to see both if we're being honest.

Few marks on the lead, few set shots and at least a goal. Luko is one of our best ball users so hoping he can still touch it 12-15 times a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back