Traded Aaron Hall [traded to North Melbourne for pick 68]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's unconfirmed word (so big grain of salt and all that) that Hall is close to signing with North for 2 years.
Multiple respected north posters have confirmed a 2 year deal with a trigger for a third.

Multiple respected north posters have confirmed a 2 year deal with a trigger for a third.
It sounds promising but I'm keeping the lid on until it's announced.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

It sounds promising but I'm keeping the lid on until it's announced.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Mine’s off, can’t help myself. And this is coming from a bloke who didn’t think Kelly and Martin were coming to north.

lets not under play this dude's signing, this guy offers assets that we severely lack which is devastating line breaking ability with pin point right foot. The defensive side of the game is not a problem because at GC, such was there culture that they dont play defensively. This guy is a professional, you cannot seriously tell me that he does not know how to apply pressure, tackle and chase. In our team, we apply a defensive style that is different to richmond and for the first half of the year it was considered one of the best. We defend from the center to back and his speed can definitely help in this regard. Play this guy off a bench for bursts to get the best out of him. I would say this guy and Polec could be far more important than Gaff and Kelly in that the previous two ensures the foundations are sound. Gaff and Kelly are the cherry on the cake type to delivery the goods but you got to have the cake in the first place. Addition of Hall and Polec ensure the cake looks good and has shape and structure.

lets not under play this dude's signing, this guy offers assets that we severely lack which is devastating line breaking ability with pin point right foot. The defensive side of the game is not a problem because at GC, such was there culture that they dont play defensively. This guy is a professional, you cannot seriously tell me that he does not know how to apply pressure, tackle and chase. In our team, we apply a defensive style that is different to richmond and for the first half of the year it was considered one of the best. We defend from the center to back and his speed can definitely help in this regard. Play this guy off a bench for bursts to get the best out of him. I would say this guy and Polec could be far more important than Gaff and Kelly in that the previous two ensures the foundations are sound. Gaff and Kelly are the cherry on the cake type to delivery the goods but you got to have the cake in the first place. Addition of Hall and Polec ensure the cake looks good and has shape and structure.
Polec and Hall are the definition of "cherry on the cake types"... farrrrrr more so than Kelly and Gaff.

Polec and Hall are the definition of "cherry on the cake types"... farrrrrr more so than Kelly and Gaff.

The two cost 1 mil, gaff himself cost more than 1 mil, i take the two thanks. But if gaff comes over also, than its a bloody big bonus. Getting 3 A grader if not A+ is a resounding success anywhere you got to.

The two cost 1 mil, gaff himself cost more than 1 mil, i take the two thanks. But if gaff comes over also, than its a bloody big bonus. Getting 3 A grader if not A+ is a resounding success anywhere you got to.

Hall is nowhere near an A grader. He is a solid player with deficiencies but whose positive attributes are exactly what North are lacking.

Hall is nowhere near an A grader. He is a solid player with deficiencies but whose positive attributes are exactly what North are lacking.

which makes him an A grader because he can deliver something that no one else can at the moment. The A grader tag is subjective to the said person's role and the resultant performance. At GC he is solid because everyone else is like him, he doesn't stand above the others. At north, he stands out in a positive way. Our current team will get the most out of him. Add polec, gaff (maybe) and kelly (maybe), hartung, then we are starting to build a decent outside running brigade.

which makes him an A grader because he can deliver something that no one else can at the moment. The A grader tag is subjective to the said person's role and the resultant performance. At GC he is solid because everyone else is like him, he doesn't stand above the others. At north, he stands out in a positive way. Our current team will get the most out of him. Add polec, gaff (maybe) and kelly (maybe), hartung, then we are starting to build a decent outside running brigade.

Yeah, nah.When I hear the term A grader, I think of gun players. Going by your logic Hartung is an A grader too because he has attributes no one in our team can provide .

Yeah, nah.When I hear the term A grader, I think of gun players. Going by your logic Hartung is an A grader too because he has attributes no one in our team can provide .

errr yes, exactly that. If one can do what no others can do that makes you a gun player. If you are the only person at your workplace that can do something that others cannot match, u are the superstar. Hall lacks consistency, at Nm we have the right setting and structure to provide him with what he needs. so its a fair and mutually beneficial exchange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very talented player, very poorly managed. Don't know why he has languished at GC for so long when things haven't been working out. He plays on instinct, and not always in a good way. Has enormous aerobic capacity, speed and is a great kick. With experience around him and a defined role to play he could be a great pick up.

Wow after reading that I want 2 first rounders for him now. Are you sure we’re talking about the same guy here?

Wow after reading that I want 2 first rounders for him now. Are you sure we’re talking about the same guy here?

Yes, its not actually that hard to see this. As a teacher we see a lot of this. A shitty student in one class can be a thriving student in another. Your team isn't suited for someone like Hall. He needs to be in a team with stronger identity with more wise head around him. His is 28 but his development is really only at like 22, 23, a youngster. He needs the ziebells and the cunningtons as the hard edge enforcers to show the way and hence let flourish.

You’ll love him kicking goals on the run from 55

Ben brown won’t be happy when he ignores an easy hit up lead though.

The thing that frustrated me the most was his inability to kick a set shot goal given his beautiful leg on the run.

what sort of coin?

I reckon he'd be a pretty good get. Seems like a talented player who has not yet got the best out of himself.
Not sure. 400k is a good starting pint.

Yes, its not actually that hard to see this. As a teacher we see a lot of this. A shitty student in one class can be a thriving student in another. Your team isn't suited for someone like Hall. He needs to be in a team with stronger identity with more wise head around him. His is 28 but his development is really only at like 22, 23, a youngster. He needs the ziebells and the cunningtons as the hard edge enforcers to show the way and hence let flourish.

You're a teacher? :eek::eek::eek:

Will be at North guaranteed.North have been hoping to get him for a few years now and he also likes the idea of the odd trip to Tassie so he can see his family. Lock it down - sorry ladies and gentleman shows over. 3rd rounder will see it done.

Back