Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - Richmond v Collingwood, MCG, Fri Sept 21st, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem with Tiger fans, they always use selective numbers. Zero credibility. Why would you select a date with no relevance?

So big man (or ugly sister), how many have you won since you entered the comp?

A little embarrassed? I understand.
Why is it selective? you won an impressive 11 flags from 1902 - 1936. Simple historical question, what dates were your last 4 flags, 12th to 15th?

And before you ask again, 11 premierships, 3 fewer than the Pies. Probably 2 fewer in a couple of weeks.
Not embarrassed at all. Very proud of the club

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Pies fans take so much out of two 7 goal losses against the Tigers. We basically played a similar game to them on ANZAC eve and were super disappointed with the result.

If a team beats you by 7 goals twice in a season it'll take a lot to change that result a 3rd time.

How many premierships have you won again?

You’ll always be the ugly sister...with a massive chip on her shoulders.

We can't be Collingwood's sister. If we were you'd be trying to marry us.

Lots of neutrals and media baying for Richmond blood also.
Yep, Tiges are the big baboon, was really surprised at the 75k turn out last week for the Pies, thought they were a bigger club than that.

Really puts in perspective our 95k last year against GWS. Potentially the all-time high tide mark for AFL crowds?

Suggests that if we could play this week's PF in 160k stadium, we'd fill it!!

I find it interesting that Pies fans take so much out of two 7 goal losses against the Tigers. We basically played a similar game to them on ANZAC eve and were super disappointed with the result.

If a team beats you by 7 goals twice in a season it'll take a lot to change that result a 3rd time.
Even when you were missing half your best 22 in those games, and lost 2 players in game? Kden.

Why is it selective? you won an impressive 11 flags from 1902 - 1936. Simple historical question, what dates were your 4 flags, 12th to 15th?

And before you ask again, 11 premierships, 3 fewer than the Pies. Probably 2 fewer in a couple of weeks.
Not embarrassed at all. Very proud of the club

So why did you feel a need to select 1936 as a starting point rather than when you first entered the competition?

I certainly think there is pressure on the Pies coming into this game that no one is talking about. They've taken two massive swings at Richmond this year and fluffed their lines both times.

Now they have yet another chance, surely they won't put in another 4th Q shocker?

So why did you feel a need to select 1936 as a starting point rather than when you first entered the competition?
Theirs a sizable gap from 1936 that why.
I find it interesting your club thinks its the biggest on-field club in the land when you have only won 4 flags from 1937 at an average of 1 flag every 20 years.

Yep, Tiges are the big baboon, was really surprised at the 75k turn out last week for the Pies, thought they were a bigger club than that.

Really puts in perspective our 95k last year against GWS. Potentially the all-time high tide mark for AFL crowds?

Suggests that if we could play this week's PF in 160k stadium, we'd fill it!!

Here we go again. Can someone please contain the ignoramus who just walked in?

This is the problem with Tiger fans, they always use selective numbers. Zero credibility. Why would you select a date with no relevance?

So big man (or ugly sister), how many have you won since you entered the comp?

A little embarrassed? I understand.

So, more flags means you're better?

Which would mean you believe Carlton & Essendon are both better than your club....

Why do you support a team that by your own reckoning is only 3rd best?

I find it interesting your club thinks its the biggest on-field club in the land when you have only won 4 flags from 1937.

Yeah great effort isn’t it to be one of the largest supported clubs in the country with little success over the last 80 years.

Playing in a grand final once every 3 years on average is fairly good going. Can you imagine if a few fell our way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it interesting your club thinks its the biggest on-field club in the land when you have only won 4 flags from 1937 at an average of 1 flag every 20 years.
Collingwood lose a lot of Grand finals, hence the colliwobbles title.
But remember, to lose a lot of grand finals, you have to make them 1st.

So, more flags means you're better?

Which would mean you believe Carlton & Essendon are both better than your club....

Why do you support a team that by your own reckoning is only 3rd best?

Same reason why you follow the = 6th best.

I don't use them as excuses though, I'm pointing out that despite we also missed players I don't see it as an excuse for the same performance your mob is claiming as a moral victory. Tigers are a much better side than us even when we're at full strength.
No, you used the player being played in a particular position you didn’t agree with as a reason why you lost.

I don't use them as excuses though, I'm pointing out that despite we also missed players I don't see it as an excuse for the same performance your mob is claiming as a moral victory. Tigers are a much better side than us even when we're at full strength.
But we're a much better side than you even with a larger injury list.

For the Richmond and Collingwood fans who are auguring over the 2:1 ratio in favour of Richmond in the 40,000 public tickets that were on sale on Monday. That number came from the "Talking Tigers" podcast (Richmond F.C. offical podcast).

It was mention by JB (Who is in charge of Social Media and also helps organise Richmond finals tickets. (Fun Fact: He was the one behind the infamous tweet when told Richmomd supporters to buy up the Geelong allocation.))

On the latest podcast he said that Richmond supporters out brought Collingwood supporters 2:1. He also said it is Collingwood supporters best "Finals Purchasing" since 2011. (Whatever that means). Furthermore it is Richmomd best "Finals Purchasing" since last years PF.

Now, I'm pretty sure that is correct due to Richmond allocation being sold 40 minutes before Collingwood. Logic would come to that conclusion. However, the crowd in my opinion will be a 50/50 crowd spilt. Collingwood will out number Richmond supporters by a lot in the AFL members and by a reasonable amount in the MCC reserve.

Cheers for posting that, interesting :thumbsu:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all seriousness I love Tiger fans. Can always rely on them to be hovering around a thread which has nothing to do with them, but involves the Pies.

Look at your mate ‘The_Gun’. Working himself up on the Steven May thread because the Pies are into him. He is just so concerned for the GC.

Typical Richmond supporter.

But we're a much better side than you even with a larger injury list.
And you can argue that if you beat us and win the flag, then finish top in 2019 and make a prelim. Until then your just some also-ran who sucks against top 8 sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back