Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Richmond v Carlton Thurs March 16th 7:20pm EST (MCG) - Tipping Comp Now Open!

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 93 37.7%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 72 29.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker had his appendix out over the weekend, hopefully back by round 1.
does that open a door for Hugo to get a run rnd 1 ?

I must admit , hoping its not rose coloured glasses , but feeling very comfortable about the thought of injuries this year
Its like Ross , Hugo are truly 1st grade ready and Brown , Banks & Clarke are more 1st grade ready this year and they
and Sonsie will be ready soon enough and he is first grade ready
these guys need chances to keep their spirits up and we need to see them in 1st to know if they are worth keeping
Example : While the VFL gives us a good look , Garthwaite just dominated the backline in the VFL but when blooded in the AFL he didn't look comfortable and was let go
Thats all part of the AFL sausage machine

I must admit , hoping its not rose coloured glasses , but feeling very comfortable about the thought of injuries this year
Its like Ross , Hugo are truly 1st grade ready and Brown , Banks & Clarke are more 1st grade ready this year and they
these guys need chances to keep their spirits up and we need to see them in 1st to know if they are worth keeping
Example : While the VFL gives us a good look , Garthwaite just dominated the backline in the VFL but when blooded in the AFL he didn't look comfortable and was let go
Baker is a tough little bugger and with 4 weeks to round 1 he will play
he will be back in training this week and has had a full pre season so no issue's with his fitness

Not bad, but needs a chorus I think.

The AFL boy’s club made us wear yellow jumpers in the 2017 granny to try to put us off our game.

Hoping for good weather and a bumper crowd. Anyone know the record crowd for a R1 game? We may just about break it.
Probably the best round 1 game between these 2 in this fixture that I remember. It should be two top 4 aspirants, definitely top 8 favourites going head to head.

Just over 90K in 2018

will prob play at most centre bounces but then run forward

reckon he will kick 81 goals this year

I'm hoping for a bumper crowd too given Carlton won last year and both clubs are genuine final threats. A huge crowd creates a huge atmosphere - that's why I go to the footy. It's all about the adrenaline rush and the buildup to this first game of the season, generates more of a rush than almost any other H&A game.

I'm hoping for a bumper crowd too given Carlton won last year and both clubs are genuine final threats. A huge crowd creates a huge atmosphere - that's why I go to the footy. It's all about the adrenaline rush and the buildup to this first game of the season, generates more of a rush than almost any other H&A game.

Nothing quite like that trip into the game and entering the M.C.G with 80k plus people in anticipation of what is to come.

I'm hoping we take rnd 1 seriously , sounding like the Bloos will be wound up for the season opener
and yes they won't have Sam Walsh , but they've had all presason to plan around it

the Norf game , unfortunately was no guide as to where we are at other than a few guys are ticking over nicely

I'm hoping we take rnd 1 seriously , sounding like the Bloos will be wound up for the season opener
and yes they won't have Sam Walsh , but they've had all presason to plan around it

the Norf game , unfortunately was no guide as to where we are at other than a few guys are ticking over nicely
Dont like our chances now with Castagna retiring , Think we may miss him as much as the blues missing Williams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, but if you can at least make it a contest I think it will reduce the heat for another year at least.

So you're saying that maybe we should try and ease off a bit this year and instead of smashing you by 100+ points we should try and keep it close? :think:

No, I'd rather just give you your traditional pantsing this year and perhaps not play in the season opener, if that's what you mean. It's not in our nature to go gently on weaker opposition.

So you're saying that maybe we should try and ease off a bit this year and instead of smashing you by 100+ points we should try and keep it close? :think:

No, I'd rather just give you your traditional pantsing this year and perhaps not play in the season opener, if that's what you mean. It's not in our nature to go gently on weaker opposition.
You'd have to stop the streak if that's the case, been two years since you won a round one game against the Blues.

Pregame build up is the best.
Pubs packed,great weather.

You'd have to stop the streak if that's the case, been two years since you won a round one game against the Blues.
You guys had a little trouble stopping your own streak last year…
Just remember it’s a marathon not a sprint. D5C98DF1-1C16-4392-918B-4A3799039B97.jpeg

Back