Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Pies v Port Sat March 25th 1:45pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So did you watch last week when he turned the game, and made the likes of Neale look stupid?

Or are you just another nuffie whose on this board to s**t on a kid. Like a real tough guy...

How many games has he played? Seriously.
I watched last week.

He was a wonderful recipient of most of his team mates hard work. Rozzee and Butters in particular. Sure his fend off looked good and he has a weapon of a foot but a lot of players look great when they feed off others and itā€™s going their way. Brisbane were also absent so that helped.

So while there was KY flying off the shelves post game, I was pretty interested to see how he goes when he has to actually work his tail off like a lot of other high prized draftees have had to (Walsh at my club, and the aforementioned at yours as examples).

A bit worrying would be the current assessment. Only he can change that.

JHF has shown them how to do it.
Hangs out the back of the packs, pushes others in, jogs defensively and looks for an easy hit up to try and do something special.

He has excellent disposal but the rest is just figjam stuff.
Totally agree. Glad it wasnā€™t a North fan who said it.
15 touches, 4 contested, 7 clangers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

daicos showing jhf who the real number 1 pick is
Weird how North fans have changed their attitude on this. What could possibly have happened to change their tune :drunk:

So did you watch last week when he turned the game, and made the likes of Neale look stupid?

Or are you just another nuffie whose on this board to s**t on a kid. Like a real tough guy...

How many games has he played? Seriously.
I can understand how a young player could be very inconsistent.

I can understand how a young player might bust his guts but it just doesn't happen for them (due to inexperience, being overwhelmed, not fully bonded with the team/gameplan yet, etc)

I can understand how a young player might get fairly beaten on the day by a better, more experienced opponent.

I can even understand how a young player (especially if they're "highly skilled" and "mercurially talented") might have a bit of a "me me me" attitude and not be the best defensively.

All this is typical, and normally forms part of the normal learning/growing process for talented kids. All well and good.

But that footage of him literally giving up and making zero effort to chase his opponent is a completely different story. That is absolutely disgraceful. Surely as a Power fan, that is unacceptable to you?

Adelaide has the forward line to test Pies defence but unfortunately not the midfield or defence to compete
We came up against a forward line consisting of Hawkins, Cameron, Rohan and Stengle last week and we blew them away. I donā€™t subscribe to the OPā€™s theory.

In saying that, I love watching the Fog and Walker, and theyā€™re a scary duo for any side in the comp.

Last edited:
Percentage will be important for the Pies come the end of the year, so it's vital they beat up on the expansion clubs. Got the job done.

29-15..lol
I hate to be that bloke, butā€¦

155 to 98 contested possession.
15 to 4 contested marks.
39 to 27 clearances.
56 to 39 tackles! How does a side thatā€™s been smashed by 12 goals have less tackles?

30 scoring shots from 57 i50s for the Pies. Trust me, the umpires/umpiring decisions are the least of your worries.

Back