Autopsy AFL 2023 Second Preliminary Final - Lions v Blues Sat Sept 23rd 5:15pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 57 23.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 47 19.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 111 44.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is true , but they are only conceding 70 points on average as well. You need to factor that into your thoughts
I have factored in the 2 finals Carlton averages plus the inaccuracies in both finals taking nothing off the Blues persay even but when inaccurate Lions still averages 100 points in games. I'm haven't even mentioned if you win the game or not just that they will need to find an extra 4-6 goals on top of the average 70 to 80 points

What should be scary for brisbane is they arguably don’t have a matchup for Curnow and McKay. Martin even. Two of these didn’t play last week and Curnow hasn’t played well YET. Harry would have been Close to best on ground if he’d kicked those two sodas. That would be 1 in 100 to happen again. 7 score involvements in 3/4 before being subbed out. We were +29 when he went down and our shape went out the window. I can’t see any of Brisbane’s defenders stopping both these two.
I'd back in our defence both Andrews and Payne beat Curnow and Big Harry last time they played either Starz or Lester are good enough defensive wise to play on Martin I'd be more worried for Carlton trying to stop the Lions forward line in Cameron Rayner Daniher and Hipwood

I'd back in our defence both Andrews and Payne beat Curnow and Big Harry last time they played either Starz or Lester are good enough defensive wise to play on Martin I'd be more worried for Carlton trying to stop the Lions forward line in Cameron Rayner Daniher and Hipwood
Payne won’t play. What now??

This smells like a realllll Matt Owies type of game to kick 3 while all the attention is on others. He'll fire up the Gabba crowd like nothing else with his over the top celebrations.

Our two finals wins so far have been
Without Harry or Charlie firing. Imagine if either get going. With Payne a likely out Andrew’s will have to play on McKay. Leaving sloppy seconds for Charlie. No more double and triple teaming it’ll be a day out for him. Our contested game is far superior to brisbanes. In finals it’s highly contested and they prefer loose kick mark game which will be hard under pressure. I just don’t see matchups for a lot of our elite players.

Hopefully Cripps is improving with the ribs and he’s learnt his lesson with dunkley. They’ll obviously try this again as it’s worked before. Cripps is a different player to that game.

Weitering will take Daniher and lock him up completely.

Not sure they have a matchup for TDK inside 50 either.

Our two finals wins so far have been
Without Harry or Charlie firing. Imagine if either get going. With Payne a likely out Andrew’s will have to play on McKay. Leaving sloppy seconds for Charlie. No more double and triple teaming it’ll be a day out for him. Our contested game is far superior to brisbanes. In finals it’s highly contested and they prefer loose kick mark game which will be hard under pressure. I just don’t see matchups for a lot of our elite players.

Hopefully Cripps is improving with the ribs and he’s learnt his lesson with dunkley. They’ll obviously try this again as it’s worked before. Cripps is a different player to that game.

Weitering will take Daniher and lock him up completely.

Not sure they have a matchup for TDK inside 50 either.

We may as well not turn up 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about Carlton fans and premature expectations .they fell in in both their finals. Regardleess of how many Carlton fans turn up they will be in the minority. It will be a long trip home.

Talk about Carlton fans and premature expectations .they fell in in both their finals. Regardleess of how many Carlton fans turn up they will be in the minority. It will be a long trip home.

Led in the elimination final for 117 minutes and 54 seconds. Sydney did not spend even 1 second in front.

Please explain how we “fell in” in that game.

Max 35c high in Brissy on Thursday but then dropping off to a max 23c high on Saturday, dammit!

Led in the elimination final for 117 minutes and 54 seconds. Sydney did not spend even 1 second in front.

Please explain how we “fell in” in that game.
7 goals to 4 in the last half and 3 oh so close ARC decisions.

7 goals to 4 in the last half and 3 oh so close ARC decisions.

7 goals to 2 in the first half. Strange argument.

Sydney fought back well, but let's not rewrite history here to try and prove a point.

What should be scary for brisbane is they arguably don’t have a matchup for Curnow and McKay. Martin even. Two of these didn’t play last week and Curnow hasn’t played well YET. Harry would have been Close to best on ground if he’d kicked those two sodas. That would be 1 in 100 to happen again. 7 score involvements in 3/4 before being subbed out. We were +29 when he went down and our shape went out the window. I can’t see any of Brisbane’s defenders stopping both these two.
last time we played against you curnow and mckay combined for 2 goals and 2 behinds.

harry mckay missing regulation set shots is not 1/100 to happen again. he does it frequently.

last time we played against you curnow and mckay combined for 2 goals and 2 behinds.

harry mckay missing regulation set shots is not 1/100 to happen again. he does it frequently.
Please tell me you are not using our last meeting as a baseline for this game

Would be like me comparing our results to games we have both played against the Hawks and Suns, or that we beat Port by 8 goals like you

No other game has anything to do with this week

Back