Autopsy AFL 2O21 Round 13 - Saints v Crows Sat June 12th 7:25pm EST (Cazaly’s)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Crows by a goal or less

• Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Saints by a lot

• Crows by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I underestimated the ability of the umpires to stick a dagger into the Saints.

So many soft frees from the umps to get the Crows back into it and that Howard free on Thilthorpe took the cake, a free for "preventing a mark".

Give me a f***ing spell.

Would be nice if we got the Bulldogs armchair ride from the umpires, we'd probably be a top 4 contender like them. luck's a fortune and all that.

Imagine seeing the arm being held and still having this much of a whinge. Interference with the arms is paid every week but you don't want it to because..?

Beat us and Eagles even as depleted as they are.

“Us”.

Give it up, you only post furiously defending, or peddling support for St.Kilda.

Change your team to St.Kilda and end the charade.

The only thing that doesn’t gel is I grew up in the Yarra Valley and I never met a St.Kilda supporter in real life.

Maybe change your username to ExCheltenham while you’re at it.

Last edited:
Until Saints and their supporters take responsibility for their own pathetic performance and stop blaming umpires and having irrelevant digs at other teams they will always be perennial underachievers. You are in this position because you over estimated the talent in your team and went out to buy players to win a premiership. Unfortunately, many of them were past their best, and have failed to deliver. And when things get tough, there is no semblance of team spirit in a side full of over paid recruits and clearly disillusioned young men.

The issue for StKilda is they’ve been destroyed with injury. After winning a final last year getting a elite ball winner in Crouch and a young up and comer Higgins was more than ok. Problem has been they’ve got the worst injury list in the AFL.

Junk possessions are meaningless back and forth chips across HB. Crouch is a inside mid and performs that role.

I think Lampers is right. You are a Sainter in disguise.

There’s a reason we only got a band 3 compensation pick for him. His tendency to accumulate ineffective possessions was, and continues to be, well known.

Last edited:
Saints list is a bit s**t isn’t it? That’s why they lose games.
“But Zac Jones is missing!”
And? He’s crap. Good teams can cover Zac Jones missing. Really good teams don’t give midfield spots to Zac Jones in the first place.
“Frawley was just supposed to be depth!”
Bullshit. You paid him to play games.
But he’s cooked.
Saint Kilda’s list- just a bit s**t I think.
Fully fit and firing, maybe they’d make Top 8, but probably not.
McKernan is so crap. Should have been fired after his last game it was that shitty.
Butler? Wowee. Talk about a “oneseasonwonder”!!
Billings is worth a solid late-second round pick. Not sure who would want him.
Plodders all over the field.
Saint Kilda list, just a bit s**t I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine seeing the arm being held and still having this much of a whinge. Interference with the arms is paid every week but you don't want it to because..?

Dougal Howard tried really hard to give away a free kick on the goal line. He tried really hard to grapple and drag Thilthorpe's arm down so he couldn't mark it. The only thing is, he really didn't manage to do what he was trying to do. He couldn't get a firm grip of Thilthorpe's arm so he wasn't really holding.

Nevertheless, all this nonsense about a free kick for "preventing a mark" and isn't that what he's supposed to do... spare me. Every other free kick against a defender is pretty much because he was trying to prevent a mark. You're allowed to prevent a mark, you just can't do it illegally. The umpire deemed that Howard had illegally prevented a mark by holding the arm.

Dougal Howard tried really hard to give away a free kick on the goal line. He tried really hard to grapple and drag Thilthorpe's arm down so he couldn't mark it. The only thing is, he really didn't manage to do what he was trying to do. He couldn't get a firm grip of Thilthorpe's arm so he wasn't really holding.

Nevertheless, all this nonsense about a free kick for "preventing a mark" and isn't that what he's supposed to do... spare me. Every other free kick against a defender is pretty much because he was trying to prevent a mark. You're allowed to prevent a mark, you just can't do it illegally. The umpire deemed that Howard had illegally prevented a mark by holding the arm.

It's silly wording (forgivable considering heat of the moment) but yes.

At the end of the day he did grab the arm, it's clear when you watch it back. The umpires call was holding and he was holding the arm in a marking contest. It matters not whether you do it for a second or three. The hold was there so let's not pretend he didn't try to do what he was trying to do. He was trying to exert enough pressure to stop Thilthorpe marking it so he did exactly what he was trying to do. He just employed a hold in the course of doing so.

Well I am not here to represent all Freo dockers fans, but some would share my View towards some of my main reasons towards Disliking Saint kilda (Fans).

A fair bit of it stems towards Ross Lyon.

2012-15: Freo makes finals and falls short of a flag. Saints are happy Ross Lyon doesnt get a flag at freo.

2016: Freo goes 0-10 and are crippled with injuries. Then end up 4-18. Saints fans Laughed and sank the boots in on freo and Ross Lyon.

2018: Saints end up with 4 wins 1 draw and 17 losses. Karma.

2020, Saints had a 6 goal lead vs Freo at quarter time and freo win by 6 points.

I mean the feeling is mutual. But you should understand why I grew to Dislike Saint Kilda fans. To me that says a lot Because I went to a high school full of Port fans. Saints have topped my list as my disliked club and its mainly due to their fans on on here on bigfooty.

Also...... I have not animosity towards ross lyon. I have moved on from him. Some saints fans still have hatred towards ross lyon.
Following you theory I now don't know who to follow in the finals because of mutual hatred. lofl

Watched the first half of what as an uninspiring game, Saints had it in the bag. Woke up this morning to see they lost. Pea hearts.

Clearly Rats is unable to get the playing group up. This will just add fuel to the fire about why sacked coaches shouldn't be given second chances.

Saints list is a bit sh*t isn’t it? That’s why they lose games.
“But Zac Jones is missing!”
And? He’s crap. Good teams can cover Zac Jones missing. Really good teams don’t give midfield spots to Zac Jones in the first place.
“Frawley was just supposed to be depth!”
Bullshit. You paid him to play games.
But he’s cooked.
Saint Kilda’s list- just a bit sh*t I think.
Fully fit and firing, maybe they’d make Top 8, but probably not.
McKernan is so crap. Should have been fired after his last game it was that shitty.
Butler? Wowee. Talk about a “oneseasonwonder”!!
Billings is worth a solid late-second round pick. Not sure who would want him.
Plodders all over the field.
Saint Kilda list, just a bit sh*t I think.

We were missing more than just Zac Jones, we are missing about 10 other players from our best 22, compare that to Melbourne who are only missing a couple of players from their best 22.

It's silly wording (forgivable considering heat of the moment) but yes.

At the end of the day he did grab the arm, it's clear when you watch it back. The umpires call was holding and he was holding the arm in a marking contest. It matters not whether you do it for a second or three. The hold was there so let's not pretend he didn't try to do what he was trying to do. He was trying to exert enough pressure to stop Thilthorpe marking it so he did exactly what he was trying to do. He just employed a hold in the course of doing so.

You're being generous calling that a hold, Howard just briefly placed his hand on Thilthorpe's arm, something that would happen hundreds of times in contests without a free being paid.

At best it was a very soft free kick that shouldn't be paid in a close contest, if that free was paid against an Adelaide defender you wouldn't be happy.

We were missing more than just Zac Jones, we are missing about 10 other players from our best 22, compare that to Melbourne who are only missing a couple of players from their best 22.
Name them?

Marshall, Membrey, Gresham, Geary, Paton, Ross, Hannebery, Carlisle plus Kent and McKenzie who are close to best 22 and would be playing now if fit.

Geary, Ross, Hanners, Carlisle and Kent shouldn't be in our best 22. The fact that we consider them to be is where our problem is. We have absolutely no depth. The injuries we've had have hit us really hard, but it happens to other clubs and most seem to be able to react far better than us.

You're being generous calling that a hold, Howard just briefly placed his hand on Thilthorpe's arm, something that would happen hundreds of times in contests without a free being paid.

You’re letting salt cloud your eyesight.

681D1B4F-B305-4F24-AA78-47E777079982.jpeg

Back