Review AFL R3 vs Adelaide @Metricon 1:05pm Sunday 21st June

Remove this Banner Ad

Dmac deserves to keep his spot based on the work he did last year, top 3 bnf and has by no means disgraced himself this season.

Hanley comes out for Swallow, although that was one of the better games I've seen him play for us. Ellis needs to sit out this game. Prized recruit or not, when you beat a side as good as west coast by 45 points I think it's better to reward the players who did that for you.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adelaide board calling for big changes
Apparently nicks calling out senior players in press conference so we could find ourselves playing against a less experienced side for once

Adelaide board calling for big changes
Apparently nicks calling out senior players in press conference so we could find ourselves playing against a less experienced side for once
I feel really weary of this game I hope I’m wrong but how many times do you see a team get smashed then return to form

Harbrow playing a different role this year? Seems to not be rebounding
Same role, just didn't do as much because we didn't concede the normal 60-80 inside 50s. First game back too, so maybe on a minutes restriction.

Same role, just didn't do as much because we didn't concede the normal 60-80 inside 50s. First game back too, so maybe on a minutes restriction.

Nearly 10 months since the last real AFL game for Hanley and Harbrow. And Sexton.
And not a lot of full bore training since April.
We should expect them to improve a bit in the next few games.

I am also extremely nervous for this game. Mental scars from previous times we where in this same position. Eg 2018 after we beat Sydney we came out super flat against Carlton and lost.
We really have to not let Adelaide slow the game down. Need to beat them on the outside with pace and ball movement. More worried about this game then I was vs the Eagles

I am also extremely nervous for this game. Mental scars from previous times we where in this same position. Eg 2018 after we beat Sydney we came out super flat against Carlton and lost.
We really have to not let Adelaide slow the game down. Need to beat them on the outside with pace and ball movement. More worried about this game then I was vs the Eagles

Yes, there will still be a lot of downs and until we back it up. I am not overly confident especially considering how young we play.

The encouraging sign was how players celebrated. Nothing even close to Sydney game. Yes, they were happy but almost like they expected to win. It's all between ears. Rowell has an amazing impact on his teammates already. They all seemed played taller and with confidence after the momentum shift before half time. It looked like one of defining moments in Suns development.

Last edited:
Yes, there will still be a lot of downs and until we back it up I am not overly confident especially considering how young we play.

The encouraging sign was how players celebrated. Nothing even close to Sydney game. Yes, they were happy but almost like they expected to win. It's all between ears. Rowell has an amazing impact on his teammates already. They all seemed played taller and with confidence after the momentum shift before half time.
We always seem to struggle against teams that slow the ball down and are a bigger team eg Adelaide, Sydney
So we need to bring the wave running back from Saturday night to get over the top of the Camrys

Just don’t think we come out and let them run over us. We have in the past but the culture appears to have changed. We are a real team now. We are still going to have down weeks, but I can’t see this being one of them.
Round 1 there was plenty of uncertainty of the round even going ahead. I don’t think we were mentally ready, I don’t think this group allows that to happen again .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at their midfield it looks like Weller has the potential to have a massive game as he has a pretty big pace advantage over the Crouch Bros and Sloane so if Adelaide decide to tag Rowell or Swallow we need to capitalize on Weller having little attention

Looking at their midfield it looks like Weller has the potential to have a massive game as he has a pretty big pace advantage over the Crouch Bros and Sloane so if Adelaide decide to tag Rowell or Swallow we need to capitalize on Weller having little attention
Yep, he was fantastic on the weekend. Looking good as midfielder so far this year. Needs to keep that level of play up

Ellis probably misses a 2nd week just to make sure he is cherry ripe.

Swallow has to come in, Rowell isn't going to always dominate the inside like on Saturday and he will need some protection that Swallow can give.

Rankine will play in the practice match against the Crows, hopefully get through and get a look in next week against the Dockers.

Some serious competition for spots which I love, Holman, MacPherson, Sexton probably the 3 under most pressure to perform this week IMO, however, the whole team knows if they don't perform, they can be replaced in the starting 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back